Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
elvisfmcfly

Söyüncü

11 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

:dunno: Not much I can say there I guess! Not much of a counter argument, but hey ho :)

Well all support City. Have a good day mate :scarf:

Go back and read what I’ve alreasy stated several times,saves me saying the same thing over and over again to each new person.

We need three wins to stay up, maybe less. 

Time to play the new boys to get them up to speed for next season.

Play Barnes, Hamza and Soyuncu. Get Benkovitch back and play him as soon as hes fit. Promote one of the U23 strikers and start to give them game time.

Season is over unless there is a disasterous run (possible). 15th place at best.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

we should be playing three at the back .....it’s not rocket science ......... that way Soyuncu at least gets on the bench, our full backs can be used to their best effects and we can get more support up to Vardy without conceding bodies in the midfield .......

Exactly... Considering how many really good central defenders coming up as well, this just looks such a sensible long-term strategy. 

I would suggest that as he is currently our 4th choice centre back and we tend to always play two centre backs that this might be why he doesn't play much.

Both him and Benkovic will play plenty next season after Maguire has gone and Wes has been phased out.

A little patience maybe.

On a separate note have we officially hit three figures yet on the number of thinly veiled Puel out threads created by attention seekers?

The number of new threads that spring up daily at the moment adding absolutely nothing to the discourse on here makes it feel like we are on a never ending nternational break / school holidays when this number is usually at its highest.

This used to be such a good forum as well.

2 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

He aint going to improve if he doesn't play?

He's had 5 first team starts, 2 sub appearances and a minimum of 3 youth team starts. These guys were all bought with the future in mind and in a panic in case Maguire went, there was a ticking time bomb with our CB's as Wes, Benny and Maguire could all potentially go this summer, we needed to act last summer, because getting to June 2019 with one centre back on your books would be ridiculous.

I'm sure everyone at the club would like to give young players more time, but managers don't just pick the team they also have to man manage. If Wes is a huge character around the place, then just dumping him out for a kid might not go down well and could cause other issues. We then also need to consider the age of the team, it's already very young. You could argue we could send him out for game time, but then if there is an injury you're left short.

Ideally, if we have no interest in giving Morgan another year, then phasing him out in the second half of the season is probably the right idea, with Soyuncu moving up to the bench. But there is still no guarantee of game time.

• Thanks 1

I kind of agree with the lack of game time but I would suggest CB is the hardest position to breed and integrate a young player into a team.

What's all this shit of not playing any football for a year? He has made numerous appearances for us. At times he has looked rash but overall he has done alright for us.

3 at the back is a formation that would solve this problem and is one I think we could do well with.

He will get chances, he has a bright future for us imo. I wonder how many more seasons we will have Maguire for.

Let's say he went out on loan, leaving us 3 CB's (by trade). Let's say Morgan gets sent off again and Evans injured. We are left with Maguire and no other cover. Which manager would be thick enough to risk that when two of your CB's are mid-30s.

He's still training every day with the squad, getting integrated, knowing the tactics and style of football they are playing. Next season, when Wes is gone and Maguire has left to Man United, we will have Evans, Soyuncu and Benkovic. Those three will get regular football and we'll probably have to add another CB as cover (or dip into the youth team to promote).

8 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

We definitely paid a lot for two centre halves whom have made little impact for the club right now but it’s succesion planning for the next few years. So I think a little bit of patience is required before we see this player given a long run in the team. 

In terms of future planning, I think there's almost certainly a financial aspect to it as well.

Back in the summer, training ground plans were well underway and - presumably - the 9-figure loan deal was also in discussion. We would have known that our PL prize money would be tied up for the next few seasons, so wanted to get some business done early whilst we still had funds available to us. Benkovic went out on loan and Soyuncu was kept behind, probably as backup in case Maguire did leave. The next few transfer windows our net spend is going to be limited, so it makes sense.

On top of that, iirc the wage bill is also capped by FFP but can increase each season by a percentage. By getting deals done early and pushing up to that limit, it then has a compound effect on the size of the wage increase in future years which will help us to stay competitive. If we didn't make those signings in the summer then we'd forgo that increase.

Suppose the allowance is 10% and our player wage bill is 1.5m. Increasing for 3 years by the full amount ends up at about 2m. If we didn't increase this year but returned to normal next season, that would be 1.8m. An extra 200k in available wages could have a huge impact on a club of our level.

Edited by Xen
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

He's had 5 first team starts, 2 sub appearances and a minimum of 3 youth team starts. These guys were all bought with the future in mind and in a panic in case Maguire went, there was a ticking time bomb with our CB's as Wes, Benny and Maguire could all potentially go this summer, we needed to act last summer, because getting to June 2019 with one centre back on your books would be ridiculous.

I'm sure everyone at the club would like to give young players more time, but managers don't just pick the team they also have to man manage. If Wes is a huge character around the place, then just dumping him out for a kid might not go down well and could cause other issues. We then also need to consider the age of the team, it's already very young. You could argue we could send him out for game time, but then if there is an injury you're left short.

Ideally, if we have no interest in giving Morgan another year, then phasing him out in the second half of the season is probably the right idea, with Soyuncu moving up to the bench. But there is still no guarantee of game time.

Then it was in our and his best interest that we loaned him out with a recall and had one of the other u23s who were getting matches at that level for cover. 

12 hours ago, The_Rorab said:

Personally, I think he and Benkovic were brought in because we expected Maguire to leave - maybe I'm wrong about the timings of course, but I think that Soyuncu was expected to have to play a much bigger part alongside Evans, Morgan and Benkovic with maybe some of our young CBs, but Man U never came in with an acceptable offer and/or Maguire didn't force the issue a la Mahrez. I would like to see him given more of a look-in, I agree - but I don't think he's wasted the year. He'll be in training, learning English more, and getting to grips with Premier League football hopefully, and I'm assuming next year with Evans and Morgan both being pretty damn old that we'll see some combo of Soyuncu, Benkovic and Maguire should he still be here.

i’d go as far a saying that morgan will be as good as retired at the end of the season and it’s very possible that Maguire will be gone too, so i’m thinking we were thinking ahead- Soyuncu and Evans as the pairing for next season with Benkovic as the main cover.

3 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

I kind of agree with the lack of game time but I would suggest CB is the hardest position to breed and integrate a young player into a team.

What's all this shit of not playing any football for a year? He has made numerous appearances for us. At times he has looked rash but overall he has done alright for us.

3 at the back is a formation that would solve this problem and is one I think we could do well with.

He will get chances, he has a bright future for us imo. I wonder how many more seasons we will have Maguire for.

Maguire and Chilwell both gone in summer. Suddenly we are a very cash strapped club, but no-one seems to know why? Or could it be that Puel was going to be sacked, as some suggested but untimely death of owner meant he was asked to caretaker club through to end of season. Hence lack of relationship with key players and lack of motivation all round. Saving spends until new manager in place?

9 minutes ago, FoxFossil said:

Maguire and Chilwell both gone in summer. Suddenly we are a very cash strapped club, but no-one seems to know why? Or could it be that Puel was going to be sacked, as some suggested but untimely death of owner meant he was asked to caretaker club through to end of season. Hence lack of relationship with key players and lack of motivation all round. Saving spends until new manager in place?

If they went I imagine we'd ask for a transfer fee.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Brizzle Fox said:

I would suggest that as he is currently our 4th choice centre back and we tend to always play two centre backs that this might be why he doesn't play much.

Both him and Benkovic will play plenty next season after Maguire has gone and Wes has been phased out.

A little patience maybe.

On a separate note have we officially hit three figures yet on the number of thinly veiled Puel out threads created by attention seekers?

The number of new threads that spring up daily at the moment adding absolutely nothing to the discourse on here makes it feel like we are on a never ending nternational break / school holidays when this number is usually at its highest.

This used to be such a good forum as well.

Its like you are paranoid on Puels behalf! This wasn’t even a new thread until some one made it into one! And it’s not even a dig at Puel,it’s aimed at the club in general! 

We're not going to start playing with three at the back regularly in the foreseeable future, so that limits game time for Söyüncü (and potentially Benkovic, too) right from the off.

No chance of him getting past Maguire or Evans at the moment, these two work well alongside each other.

He'll get his chances, be it in the league or in cup competitions, and he will do better with time.

Let's not forget he only turns 23 in May. The best is still ahead for him.