Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Leicester City 1-4 Crystal Palace - Vote Now

Leicester City 1-4 Crystal Palace

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 5.0

Total Average Rating

86 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Harvey Barnes 6.2
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Rachid Ghezzal 3.6
  4. Manager Confidence 35% -32%

Season: 2018/19
Voting Starts: 23/02/19
Voting Ends: 26/02/19

1. Kasper Schmeichel
  2. Ricardo Pereira
  3. Jonny Evans
  4. Harry Maguire
  5. Christian Fuchs
  6. Youri Tielemans
  7. Wilfred Ndidi
  8. James Maddison
  9. Rachid Ghezzal
  10. Jamie Vardy
  11. Harvey Barnes
  12. Demarai Gray (sub)
  13. Kelechi Iheanacho (sub)
  14. Shinji Okazaki (sub)

16 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Kasper - 3

Ricardo - 7 MOTM

Evans - 6

Maguire - 4

Fuchs - 4

Ghezzal - 2

Tielemans - 6

Maddison - 5

Ndidi - 5

Barnes - 4

Vardy - 2

Gray - 2

Iheanacho 3

Okazaki 3

Barnes was much better than Maddison. In fact I'd say Barnes was our best attacker.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Kasper - 3

Ricardo - 7 MOTM

Evans - 6

Maguire - 4

Fuchs - 4

Ghezzal - 2

Tielemans - 6

Maddison - 5

Ndidi - 5

Barnes - 4

Vardy - 2

Gray - 2

Iheanacho 3

Okazaki 3

There are a few eyebrow-raisers for me there. I'd blame Kasper for the 4th, but he also pulled off a tremendous save before we conceded the penalty. Other than that he wasn't to blame for the goals, and obviously had little to do with the fact that we lost (the game was already in the bag for Palace when he made his late error). As for Vardy, he worked hard enough and received lousy supply all game, as anyone could see. Floated crosses of variable quality are never going to be much use to him. He had a half-chance and put in a great ball at one point which someone should have attacked, but why you'd rate him so much lower than Maddison - who had a dreadful game, gobbled up our promising situations by blazing shots or wasting set pieces, and was a huge part of why we lost that game - or Maguire, who had another stinker and also played a central role in our defence's submission, I can't fathom. Tielemans I also thought was quite casual in possession second half, while Barnes got an assist and looked the most effective of the four attacking mids who played today. And I'm not sure what the subs did to upset you so much either! How on earth can Okazaki get a 3? Or Iheanacho, who came on out of position and actually chipped in with the defensive duties? In your ratings the people most obviously responsible for our loss (Ghezzal excepted who, as you rightly point out, was shocking) seem to get away quite lightly. The subs, Schmeichel and Vardy get slated. It just seems peculiar to me.

• Thanks 2

Vardy took money under false pretences today. He was lazy, lacked pride, passion and put little effort in. Too many people make excuses for him. He’s got to show desire and determination. It’s no good just blaming Puel. Some of our player need to take a long hard look at themselves. Starting with Vards. 

10 hours ago, inckley fox said:

There are a few eyebrow-raisers for me there. I'd blame Kasper for the 4th, but he also pulled off a tremendous save before we conceded the penalty. Other than that he wasn't to blame for the goals, and obviously had little to do with the fact that we lost (the game was already in the bag for Palace when he made his late error). As for Vardy, he worked hard enough and received lousy supply all game, as anyone could see. Floated crosses of variable quality are never going to be much use to him. He had a half-chance and put in a great ball at one point which someone should have attacked, but why you'd rate him so much lower than Maddison - who had a dreadful game, gobbled up our promising situations by blazing shots or wasting set pieces, and was a huge part of why we lost that game - or Maguire, who had another stinker and also played a central role in our defence's submission, I can't fathom. Tielemans I also thought was quite casual in possession second half, while Barnes got an assist and looked the most effective of the four attacking mids who played today. And I'm not sure what the subs did to upset you so much either! How on earth can Okazaki get a 3? Or Iheanacho, who came on out of position and actually chipped in with the defensive duties? In your ratings the people most obviously responsible for our loss (Ghezzal excepted who, as you rightly point out, was shocking) seem to get away quite lightly. The subs, Schmeichel and Vardy get slated. It just seems peculiar to me.

Pretty much as I saw it too. Kasper looked beaten for pace on the 4th, but had no chance with the others. I thought Maguire very poor today, and Maddison made far too many wrong decisions in decent positions. I thought Barnes & N'Didi our two best players today. Tielemans WAS too casual and I thought it right to sub him. First half ratings were very different to second half, not because of the result but because I thought our first half performance was fairly decent, but we got worse after we scored, and no idea why that was because we had the chance to gain strength from there.

• Like 1

Thought Kasper was terrible, vards got no service but didn’t look like he cared (again), Maguire awful again, Evans is our best centre back. Maddison everything goes through him, but was poor , set pieces especially poor. 

Other than that, everyone else basically 4’s & 5’s. 

• Like 1

People have been asking for attacking , go forward football, when we were winning ugly they said they'd prefer to attack and lose. Well the last few games have been forward attacking football - and losing. The matches have been enjoyable for me but not the results. Losing to Palace at home is completely unacceptable (but not a firing offense) but I'm surprised the marks are so low.

Kasper: At fault for at least 2 goals, made 1 great save - I'd like to sell him and move onto our new era.

Ricardo: Not been at his best for a few weeks but that's because he is not getting forward so much and having to defend. He's not really a defender is he?

Evans: He may have unluckily given away a penalty but I thought he had a very good game. He's been getting better and better as the season has progressed. Really happy with him.

Maguire: Defensively he still makes mistakes, offensively he's one of our best passers.

Fuchs: At fault for the first goal, lazy positioning, clearly his head is already in the states but he has been a great buy for us. Chilwell wouldn't have let us go 1-0 down.

Ndidi: Okay, Slow first touch as always but he got away with hit yesterday. I'd prefer Hamza as the lone CDM

Maddison; Great first half, picking the ball up deep and passing well but what happened in the second half? His passes were terrible and his corners even worse. Free Kicks just aren't working.

Tielemans; Great first half but died a death in the second. Didn't get back to cover his man for the 4th (?) goal. Hope we keep him but not our best player yesterday.

Ghezzal: Wasn't good but the crowd didn't give him a chance - shame on them. He should've taken that FK from the edge of the box he has a better placement than Madds.

Barnes: Best player on the pitch, beat their defenders with ease and skill, always looked dangerous, he'll start hitting the net soon too. He could be our saviour.

Vardy: Waste of time? Started the season unfit and has never got into any sort of form. It's partly the system and partly him but it's time for him to move on. He'd be better at a team like Palace or Southampton or Brighton.

Gray: Didn't do much but as many shots as Vardy. Give him the starts to the end of the season and lets see what he can and can't do with some confidence knowing he'll be on the pitch.

iheanacho: Made a good defensive play and a great pass for Vardy to do nothing with. Has no confidence

Okazaki: Why?

Overall the scoreline was not a reflection of the game but a loss is a loss. We need a couple of wins to rebuild confidence.

Kasper 4. Give Ward a run.

Ricardo 6. MOTM.

Maguire 4. Getting worse.

Evans 5. Decent game.

Fuchs 3. Too slow.

Ghezzal 1. Can’t remember him doing anything.

Ndidi 3. Give Choudhury a run.

Tielemans 5. Looks good.

Barnes 5. Needs to calm down when he has the ball.

Maddison 3. So wasteful and needs a shooting lesson.

Vardy 3. Oh I remember him when he harassed defenders and took his chances.

Subs...

Gray 2. Did he touch the ball.

Iheanacho/Okazaki N/A

Puel 4. Can’t do anything with this crop of players, new manager might get us scoring goals.

Surprised Tielemans is being rated as one of the better of a bad bunch. Thought he had an absolute shocker second half, losing the ball umpteen times.
Obviously, he deserves a bit of slack, but it was a jarring counterpoint to his performance against Spurs.

On 24/02/2019 at 15:57, dayday said:

I thought Ndidi was our best player, looked back to his best

On 24/02/2019 at 16:54, MattP said:

Kasper - 4

Ricardo - 6

Evans - 5

Maguire - 4

Fuchs - 5

Ghezzal - 4

Tielemans - 5

Maddison - 4

Ndidi - 4

Barnes - 6

Vardy - 4

Subs all pointless.

On 24/02/2019 at 17:30, NewquayFox said:

Kasper 4. Give Ward a run.

Ricardo 6. MOTM.

Maguire 4. Getting worse.

Evans 5. Decent game.

Fuchs 3. Too slow.

Ghezzal 1. Can’t remember him doing anything.

Ndidi 3. Give Choudhury a run.

Tielemans 5. Looks good.

Barnes 5. Needs to calm down when he has the ball.

Maddison 3. So wasteful and needs a shooting lesson.

Vardy 3. Oh I remember him when he harassed defenders and took his chances.

Subs...

Gray 2. Did he touch the ball.

Iheanacho/Okazaki N/A

Puel 4. Can’t do anything with this crop of players, new manager might get us scoring goals.

Strange how we see things so differently. I thought N'Didi (with Barnes) our best player too! Tielemans was good first half, very sloppy and wasteful second half. Puel was right to sub him, despite the boos from the crowd.

• Thanks 1