Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Puel Gone - Official

11 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I don't hate him.

I found him a stubborn, arrogant, boring human being.

But I don't hate the bloke.

I do recall James Sharpe writing a very warm piece about him when moved on from the mercury. 

And Percy too, wrote a constructively critical, but largely warm article about him in the heat of all the criticism.

Obvs not everybody found him rude. 

The problem with Puel was that we just seemed like a job to him. He did the bits he needed to do well but the personal touch was clearly lacking. Not quite as antagonist but IMO there's something a bit Mourinho lite that comes through when anyone dares criticize the dire football that we had in the end.

And that's the thing that pro or nay Puelers can't argue about, the awful football that we had to put up with. 

There's just... an air about his reign that seemed like he was some form of consultant. Coming in to makes the necessary changes and improvements that we needed to make to move onto the next step as a club but not fully engage with the players to forge an identity as a team. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I do recall James Sharpe writing a very warm piece about him when moved on from the mercury. 

And Percy too, wrote a constructively critical, but largely warm article about him in the heat of all the criticism.

Weirdly, NFP was most definitely rude, and everyone loved him for it! lol

16 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Why would one poster be banned for disagreeing with any other poster? All about opinions and most people on here debate very sensibly so it's all good.

For the record, it was nothing personal with Puel. I just saw the damage he was doing and it was staggering that he kept making things worse.

Ounce of objectivity? See below.

He conducted himself superbly after the crash. As did the players, backroom staff, everybody in fact handled the most dreadful thing with sensitivity.

That's well worth highlighting.

And well worth people remembering.

King was definitely speaking for the dressing room in that remarkable interview.

Never had a problem with speaking to him after a game. Couldn't understand the utter drivel he spouted (when I could actually hear it) but he never refused an interview.

He would often give long, detailed answers, sometimes three minutes long. Sadly it made little sense and that's how he was with the players and his staff, hence why they all couldn't wait to see the back of him.

Not a personal vendetta at all. I just feel he gets too much credit (on here especially) for what he did with us. I know that's a feeling shared within the camp too.

I can't begin to tell you how his methods caused such toxicity. Yes I'm fortunate to be told stuff which doesn't get a wider airing so perhaps that's why I take the stance I do.

Wish him well in his future employment, no personal vendetta, hope he's successful and has a wonderful life.

As I said, your insight is much better than mine and I'm not questioning that. I also appreciate greatly your input on this forum. In Puel's case however, I just have the feeling that your posts only highlight his negative bits and voluntarily miss the (few) positive things under his tenure.

I've backed him from the beginning until the very end, especially when I saw that the guy never stood a chance here before he even managed one game (I have a knack for supporting underdogs and misfits). However I never was blind to his shortcomings and his sacking was deserved. Judging from the outside, I'll always think that the squad is in a much better state than when he came and he must have had a hand in it. Especially for Ricardo and Tielemans. For me these are facts, even from an outsider point of view but I might be wrong.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I didn't actually say he was rude. I don't recall seeing him be rude to journalists. I don't think Puel is a rude man.

John Percy certainly had no time for him as a manager and, like the majority in the media, was delighted to see the back of him due to the major problems he caused.

James Sharpe was a big fan though.

I was mean to James about his relentlessly slavish support for Puel and I've subsequently apologised to him for unnecessary personal remarks I made.

• Like 1

Past history. Was brought in to do a job. half of which he did well, in as far as his input/influence permitted in respect of transitioning the squad.  We will probably never know the exact level of his input into transfer dealings and contracts but even in these days of head coaches rather than managers I am pretty sure he would have been extensively consulted in such important team affairs.

He got us playing a more passing game albeit far too ponderously, and some of his team selections and decisions bordered on the bewildering

Where it seems he fell down was his poor communication and motivational skills.  We seemed to have an "all in it together" philosophy and an identity, which we lost under Puel but are getting back again under Rodgers. He seemed to put safety first rather than actually winning games and entertaining, which in turn led to disillusionment of both fans and players it seems.

He did his job and now we have moved on.

I think Puel might go down in history as the best, bad manager we've had in our history.  Whilst his performances on the pitch werent good enough and hurt our love for the game, he built an incredibly talented squad and quite frankly got every decision off of the pitch spot on. 

We are in a  great position now due to a lot of the work he did and I think our fans ought to have a bit more respect for that. 

• Like 1