Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Puel Gone - Official

On 03/03/2019 at 05:57, Carl the Llama said:

What else is he going to say? " yeah me and the lads want him gone" 

2 minutes ago, Crispin LA said:

I getting a terrible feeling of 'buyers remorse' today in that we made a mistake in getting rid of him to quickly and within a couple of days employing Brendon. 

Puel seems like a honest decent man who is unpretentious who hasn't a ego problem. He seemsed to generally like the club and staff., and saw the building of the team as a longterm process. 

Things that got me worried today is this week is that Brendon needs alotof cash to spend on players, while Puel never asked for a large budget. And now reading articles that Brendon wants to add more of his own staff this summer while long-term existing staff will possibly leave this summer.  My excitement of his appointment last week seems to slowly going down. 

Think you need to factor in the widespread disillusion with Puel in the squad and that he’d simply run out of credit with most of the squad . In the long run the results are probably the same - the best players will go to fund BR spending plans rather than bale out because CP ‘s endless tinkering and incompetence .

FWIW i was reasonably confident with CP transfer strategy and less so with all the talk concerning this Congerton character having too much influence 

1 hour ago, surrifox said:

Think you need to factor in the widespread disillusion with Puel in the squad and that he’d simply run out of credit with most of the squad .

Where's the proof of this? Because Danny Simpson and Andy King didn't like that they weren't playing any longer?

3 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Love how you ask for proof then use a counter arguement that is pure speculation.

My point is It's all speculative, though there's more evidence for mine considering King wasn't registered for the PL and Simpson has only seen the field because Dan Amartey had a catastrophic injury.

11 hours ago, knitro said:

Where's the proof of this? Because Danny Simpson and Andy King didn't like that they weren't playing any longer?

More like Maguire coming out and saying that players won't want to leave Leicester this summer as they have hired a manager that matches their ambition.

That statement alone confirms that a few of the better players might have been angling for a move away this summer if Puel was still around.

15 minutes ago, Dames said:

More like Maguire coming out and saying that players won't want to leave Leicester this summer as they have hired a manager that matches their ambition.

That statement alone confirms that a few of the better players might have been angling for a move away this summer if Puel was still around.

Wasn't it Chilwell and he didn't really say that "There's no reason why any of us should move on. I've never seen it so energetic around here. Everyone's happy to see one of the biggest managers in the world coming to the club.""

Just now, Babylon said:

Wasn't it Chilwell and he didn't really say that "There's no reason why any of us should move on. I've never seen it so energetic around here. Everyone's happy to see one of the biggest managers in the world coming to the club.""

That's the one. Full of a cold today so i'm slow and dopey - more so than normal lol

Its a similar theme though - it might of been on some of their minds if Puel would have stuck around. I think I thought of Maguire because he's the one constantly linked to go and he's the one I believe probably will go regardless of who is in charge.

1 minute ago, Dames said:

That's the one. Full of a cold today so i'm slow and dopey - more so than normal lol

Its a similar theme though - it might of been on some of their minds if Puel would have stuck around. I think I thought of Maguire because he's the one constantly linked to go and he's the one I believe probably will go regardless of who is in charge.

I don't think it makes a jot of difference in all honestly, Rodgers will have given everyone a lift and they might enjoy training more than they did etc... but if a big boy comes calling, they go anyway if the offer is good enough.

Edited by Babylon

8 hours ago, Dames said:

No it doesn't, it's a boilerplate vote of confidence for the new guy and really says nothing about Puel. I understand that you're viewing the lack of similar statement about Puel as evidence that he felt otherwise in that case, but that doesn't really track because:

a. He probably wasn't asked a similar question while Puel was in charge

b. There's an implicit assumption by you that Puel didn't have similar ambitions. 

Finally, if Ole Gunnar wants him in the summer he's off period, regardless of whatever plaudits he's offering Brodge now. 

So if the training intensity has moved up a gear, how long before we might expect this to show on the field?

Any sport science people out there who can put an evidenced based figure on this please. (Just trying a new idea for Foxtalk).

Concerned with Rodgers bringing in more of his own people. What happens in three years when we've won the treble and then CL, and 'he's taken us as far as he can' and then leaves for his next project and takes them all with him? It's a worry.

Now the dust has settled, it's pretty obvious to me that the route cause of Puel's demise was his language difficulties

In French, I'm reasonably sure he'd be a dour but dry humoured manager, quietly able to coax his players and a bon mot or two for the fans. Quiet and dry, like Hodgson perhaps.

It's a shame. I liked his transfer dealings (Soyuncu apart, who I fear is dreadful). I liked his player improvement in Chilwell, Amartey, Mendy and to a lesser extent Gray. Look at Ricardo's improvement from early season to now. Maddison a work in progress

I even liked his style. Great away from home but horribly misjudged at home. But Nothing that couldn't/shouldn't have been solved

Bonne chance Claude. You'll make some club a good husband. But LCFC aren't really cut out to be your wife! 

Edited by Paninistickers

• 6 months later...
On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 19:01, Paninistickers said:

Now the dust has settled, it's pretty obvious to me that the route cause of Puel's demise was his language difficulties

In French, I'm reasonably sure he'd be a dour but dry humoured manager, quietly able to coax his players and a bon mot or two for the fans. Quiet and dry, like Hodgson perhaps.

It's a shame. I liked his transfer dealings (Soyuncu apart, who I fear is dreadful). I liked his player improvement in Chilwell, Amartey, Mendy and to a lesser extent Gray. Look at Ricardo's improvement from early season to now. Maddison a work in progress

I even liked his style. Great away from home but horribly misjudged at home. But Nothing that couldn't/shouldn't have been solved

Bonne chance Claude. You'll make some club a good husband. But LCFC aren't really cut out to be your wife! 

Hmmm, I think many would now be making you eat your fears about Soyuncu now!

• Haha 1