Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Puel Gone - Official

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Very telling words from Chilwell.

Even the younger players (who play regularly) had big issues with Puel.

Pennies could be finally dropping with some fans.

The penny surely dropped for everyone after losing 4-1 at home to Palace for an aggregate score of 13-1 to Palace in the last 4 games. Not to mention 6 losses out of 7 and out of both cups. I think a lot of what Puel tried to do was to be admired, but those results speak for themselves, especially as that's over a 16 month period and full summer preseason and transfer window to sort things out in. And Tielemans brought in over January.

Anyway he's gone now, and we have a new manager who is already impressing with his easy-going media presence and seemingly his man-management skills.  You can clearly see at the ground, in the city, among the players and on the forums that everyone feels excited again, which is how it should be! I for one am really looking forward to the away trip tomorrow which is the first time in what feels like forever i can say that.

• Like 1

I always thought, that had it not been for the tragic untimely death of Vichai, that Puel would have been given his marching orders some time ago.

Good riddance to a manager who's performances lacked the intensiteeee, deeesire and commeetment of the fans.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

He made a lot of mistakes but I still maintain that Claude must be the unluckiest manager we've ever had. So many near-misses, missed pens, daft individual mistakes etc. That said, it was the right move to sack him.

it’s true - you can be unlucky ....... things generally even themselves out over a long period  ....... but your manner etc can help your situation ............. puel failed to help himself for when the gong got tough ....... 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, demon_dog said:

I always thought, that had it not been for the tragic untimely death of Vichai, that Puel would have been given his marching orders some time ago.

Good riddance to a manager who's performances lacked the intensiteeee, deeesire and commeetment of the fans.

I think he would have been gone after the West Ham game . The tragic events that unfolded certainly gave him more time.

I love the very definitive, see I told you so, narrative play out. There seems to be goldfish flu outbreak. My memory isn't what it's used to be, so when deja vu occurs I have to assume it's just a disturbance in the Matrix.

What's done is done. I wasn't of the opinion previously that Rodgers was the best candidate for the job (over others), but he does bring loads of positives, and hopefully he'll be able to finish what Puel has started. Hopefully BR will be able to maintain as much dignity when tested, and help develop a healthier culture. Perhaps he'll bring the sugar for the medicine to go down.

Edited by sphericalfox
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, knitro said:

I think we're going to look back and wish we had kept him - hope I'm wrong, and ready for the pillory for this view. 

well you can have a slice from me cause its just a ridiculous statement! good riddance, how long was this Puel transition going to take? 3 seasons in the premier league and was still making the same mistakes. Garbage manager blinding fools by playing and talking about young players.

8 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

well you can have a slice from me cause its just a ridiculous statement! good riddance, how long was this Puel transition going to take? 3 seasons in the premier league and was still making the same mistakes. Garbage manager blinding fools by playing and talking about young players.

A slice of pillory?

9 hours ago, knitro said:

I think we're going to look back and wish we had kept him - hope I'm wrong, and ready for the pillory for this view. 

I’ll never think that. If Rodgers takes us down next season I still won’t regret Claude Puel leaving the football club.

• Like 4

Still am a bit surprised that he was allowed to appear on a French football talk show back in mid-January (Canal Football Club, Canal+), that during an ongoing season.

https://www.mycanal.fr/articles/sports/canal-football-club-1?fbclid=IwAR18AY7FPVIbY0muKxXs35VG54fbFsLLg6l28996StIxt0dq6AyEbH0dMG4

Remember that this was after the Newport FA Cup debacle, the home defeat against Southampton, and just before the 4-3 loss at Wolverhampton.

Not sure if the show is aired live or being pre-recorded, but the timing was rather odd. I wonder whether he decided to do this on his own and whether he knew back then already that the writing was on the wall, and that he had to get his name back into Ligue 1 circulation himself.

5 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

I’ll never think that. If Rodgers takes us down next season I still won’t regret Claude Puel leaving the football club.

Right, that says more about your feelings on Puel than on reality. 

• Like 3

Only time will tell, if Brendan is a better appointment long term for the club than Claude.

Watching the Watford game showed Puel wasn’t the problem with players concentration levels and just general basic errors within this young squad.

Brendan has exactly the same squad now till the summer and hopefully some of Claude’s work will not be undone, and in areas be improved on.

Unfortunately at the moment 9/10 mistakes by us & poor individual errors are leading to the ball ending up in the back of our net.

I think Puel with 1 more summer transfer window would have got the squad he finally needed to make his plans of building a young, stable and competitive squad coming to fuituon.

Brendan has to hit the ground running as far as results go, hence why Puel was changed, and cannot be left to just analyse the squad for the last 1/4 of the season before making decisions on futures etc, surely that was what Puel was doing/had done this season.

Hopefully I eat my words on the managers position, and Brendan gets us firing on all cylinders and push for the top 7 that we aspire to be on a regular basis.

Im willing to give him time and support, and hope Top has made the right call, in what is the first major decision without the advice of his late great father.

9 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Still am a bit surprised that he was allowed to appear on a French football talk show back in mid-January (Canal Football Club, Canal+), that during an ongoing season.

https://www.mycanal.fr/articles/sports/canal-football-club-1?fbclid=IwAR18AY7FPVIbY0muKxXs35VG54fbFsLLg6l28996StIxt0dq6AyEbH0dMG4

Remember that this was after the Newport FA Cup debacle, the home defeat against Southampton, and just before the 4-3 loss at Wolverhampton.

Not sure if the show is aired live or being pre-recorded, but the timing was rather odd. I wonder whether he decided to do this on his own and whether he knew back then already that the writing was on the wall, and that he had to get his name back into Ligue 1 circulation himself.

It was the same time his PR crusade kicked off with all the articles in the Mercury... it was either being orchestrated by the club to improve his perception by others... or his agent.