Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Puel Gone - Official

3 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

He wasn't charismatic , his man management was bad, there is no doubt about it now, and the performances at home weren't great. That's something everyone can agree on.

What I don't get is the sheer animosity of some towards him and the refusal to acknowledge the good things he did (not a dig at you of course).

I agree there's a failure to acknowledge any good. Like I say the recruitment under him can't really be sniffed at. I agree with whoever said that he got in and out at the right time - had enough time here to bring us enough good players, but we were in freefall by the end unfortunately, it wouldn't have ever come good under him.

This is why I think he'd be a genuinely good DoF. I'm not saying he'll ever do it because it's quite a comedown from being a manager, but it's a position that I think would maximise his skillset and patch over his weaknesses. I'd be interested to see it happen.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I agree there's a failure to acknowledge any good. Like I say the recruitment under him can't really be sniffed at. I agree with whoever said that he got in and out at the right time - had enough time here to bring us enough good players, but we were in freefall by the end unfortunately, it wouldn't have ever come good under him.

This is why I think he'd be a genuinely good DoF. I'm not saying he'll ever do it because it's quite a comedown from being a manager, but it's a position that I think would maximise his skillset and patch over his weaknesses. I'd be interested to see it happen.

Absolutely. Appointing Rodgers was the next logical move and the right thing to do and huge credit to the board for reacting so swiftly after the disastrous Shakey experiment. 

He got an history of falling out with either the board and/or the senior players, as his stubbornness and his iron grasp on the team prove to be too much in the long term, but no one can deny his qualities as youth promoter and developer.

Yes, call me crazy, but I think he'd be a perfect fit as DoF at MU. Won't happen imo though, I think as he loves his job as a manager and as you said it would be a step-down. We'll see what he can do at St-Etienne.

Edited by That_Dude

20 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Puel probably thought he was a bit of a willy puller and didnt give him much interviews, Puel's Geoff Peters, is Pearson's Stringer

He certainly knows more than we do about what happened behind the scenes, but it still looks to me more like a personal vendetta rather than objective criticism tbh.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rusko187 said:

We'll just ignore the whole scouting and recruitment department shall we? And entirely credit all these signings wholly down to Puel.

Now why would we choose to do that if it didn’t fit in with the narrative?

I’m sure Ricardo (played under him) and Tielemans (at the club he played for and managed) were in the bag?

as was rightly pointed out, he also promoted Chilwell and Choudury and also brought Harvey Barnes back into the fold to start and do well…

It also needs to be added that he also shipped out a ton of dead wood

Yes…. The recruitment and scouting team can take a bow,  but, it beyond clear that he had a heavy hand and say in recruitment…. A significant legacy that shouldn’t be diminished (unless it doesn’t fit what you’d already chosen to believe of course)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pazzerfox said:

We'd have signed those player regardless of the manager.  Sure, he would have had a input but the recruitment team/Rudkin would be the ones making those decisions.

Rudkin was Public Enemy No.1 one here, held personally responsibe by some for the Silva debacle.

Then Puel arrived, suddenly Rudkin's responsible for every good signing. Puel obviously to blame for the dross.

He'a a quick learner is Mr Rudkin. :whistle:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

He conducted himself superbly after the crash. As did the players, backroom staff, everybody in fact handled the most dreadful thing with sensitivity.

Not a personal vendetta at all. I just feel he gets too much credit (on here especially) for what he did with us. I know that's a feeling shared within the camp too.

I can't begin to tell you how his methods caused such toxicity. Yes I'm fortunate to be told stuff which doesn't get a wider airing so perhaps that's why I take the stance I do.

I’m curious Geoff; what, if any, have you heard about the dressing room re Ranieri? I’ve seen your numerous posts about Puel, but I don’t think I’ve seen you mention much about behind the scenes stuff during Ranieri’s tenure?

I ask as someone looking in, reading all the rumours and articles that have come out since, it would appear both managers were equally despised by players and staff towards the end of their tenures, but you only ever seem to mention Puel in a negative light but not Ranieri. I think you’ve mentioned personally liking Ranieri previously.

Percy also came out with an article that said Ranieri behaved badly after the crash. (https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/12/04/fairytale-cloud-still-hangs-claudio-ranieri-leicester/) I’m not sure I’ve seen a second source for this, but my opinion of Ranieri has nosedived since reading it. Since you seem well connected, could you verify?

Edited by brucey

59 minutes ago, brucey said:

I’m curious Geoff; what, if any, have you heard about the dressing room re Ranieri? I’ve seen your numerous posts about Puel, but I don’t think I’ve seen you mention much about behind the scenes stuff during Ranieri’s tenure?

I ask as someone looking in, reading all the rumours and articles that have come out since, it would appear both managers were equally despised by players and staff towards the end of their tenures, but you only ever seem to mention Puel in a negative light but not Ranieri. I think you’ve mentioned personally liking Ranieri previously.

Percy also came out with an article that said Ranieri behaved badly after the crash. (https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/12/04/fairytale-cloud-still-hangs-claudio-ranieri-leicester/) I’m not sure I’ve seen a second source for this, but my opinion of Ranieri has nosedived since reading it. Since you seem well connected, could you verify?

Ranieri wasn't despised from what I was told. It was more pity from the players.

There seemed to be disappointment from the players that he'd "lost the plot" over many things.

I believe there's still a lot of warmth towards Ranieri from the players on a human level and why wouldn't there be after that magical first season.

There isn't any warmth towards Puel which I believe says a lot.

As for the final bit about Ranieri being aloof and rude in the wake of the crash, I didn't see or hear any of that.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Why would one poster be banned for disagreeing with any other poster? All about opinions and most people on here debate very sensibly so it's all good.

For the record, it was nothing personal with Puel. I just saw the damage he was doing and it was staggering that he kept making things worse.

Ounce of objectivity? See below.

He conducted himself superbly after the crash. As did the players, backroom staff, everybody in fact handled the most dreadful thing with sensitivity.

That's well worth highlighting.

And well worth people remembering.

King was definitely speaking for the dressing room in that remarkable interview.

Never had a problem with speaking to him after a game. Couldn't understand the utter drivel he spouted (when I could actually hear it) but he never refused an interview.

He would often give long, detailed answers, sometimes three minutes long. Sadly it made little sense and that's how he was with the players and his staff, hence why they all couldn't wait to see the back of him.

Not a personal vendetta at all. I just feel he gets too much credit (on here especially) for what he did with us. I know that's a feeling shared within the camp too.

I can't begin to tell you how his methods caused such toxicity. Yes I'm fortunate to be told stuff which doesn't get a wider airing so perhaps that's why I take the stance I do.

Wish him well in his future employment, no personal vendetta, hope he's successful and has a wonderful life.

For me, your posts on Puel seem very bitter and personal, you talk about what you know.....maybe tell us.

Yes he was boring to listen to, yes we played some poor games and yes Rodgers is an improvement (though the playing style doesnt look that different at times).

But, he took a job that no-one else of qualiteee really wanted, he was clearly tasked with clearing out the hangovers which would have caused some issues and grumbles in the dressing room. (A dressing room known for its power).

So why the hate?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Not this bollocks again please!

Dirty work! Shut up.

Please stop this utter nonsense.

I hope you know by now that I respect you viewpoints Geoff. But if you are serious about your later comment that there is room for opinion, I urge you not to write like you have done here. Please don't try and and tell us 'I say it in jest', because a lot of people say and write things that aren't right, and then attempt the defence of 'but it was only banter' later. By all means disagree and tell us why you think any of us wrong on Puel (or indeed any other matter), but dismissive stuff like this does you no favours whatsoever.

• Like 2

Seriously - Geoff is told stuff he can’t repeat on here. Can’t we just accept that ?

clearly there were big issues within the squad and their relationship with the manager ......whether we as fans think that’s acceptable and that the manager should be followed by the players 100% whatever he says/does is another matter. The truth is generally in between the two standpoints .....but it’s the manager who gets sacked, not the players. 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Seriously - Geoff is told stuff he can’t repeat on here. Can’t we just accept that ?

Of course, I personally don't doubt that.

On reflection, I feel sorry not only for all the managers post-title, but everyone at the club. The miracle season must have had a profound (even traumatic) effect - anyone who knows about human psychology could tell you that a sudden success is as difficult to process and manage as sudden failure - and I think absolutely everyone has been spending the last 3 seasons trying to get the club on an even keel. Some got it wrongerer than others, and if that includes Puel, fine, accepted.

So there it is, nobody to blame in my opinion, but lots of mistakes along the way. Hopefully the corner has now been turned.

Edited by HighPeakFox
Edited to annoy Deb

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

On reflection, I feel sorry not only for all the managers post-title, but everyone at the club. The miracle season must have had a profound (even traumatic) effect - anyone who knows about human psychology could tell you that a sudden success is as difficult to process and manage as sudden failure - and I think absolutely everyone has been spending the last 3 seasons trying to get the club on an even keel. Some got it wronger than others, and if that includes Puel, fine, accepted.

So there it is, nobody to blame in my opinion, but lots of mistakes along the way. Hopefully the corner has now been turned.

Is that a word? 🤔

3 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

On reflection, I feel sorry not only for all the managers post-title, but everyone at the club. The miracle season must have had a profound (even traumatic) effect - anyone who knows about human psychology could tell you that a sudden success is as difficult to process and manage as sudden failure - and I think absolutely everyone has been spending the last 3 seasons trying to get the club on an even keel. Some got it wrongerer than others, and if that includes Puel, fine, accepted.

You've made us sound like the Tyson Fury of football lol