Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jamesmilner

IT'S ON

2 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

This must be the biggest load of cobblers since someone suggested Alan Pardew was a good manager.

Hamilton get home crowds around the 2,000 3,000 mark. They are the English equivalent to Harlepool in the National League. In fact I'd argue that any Scottish P/L club would struggle in the English Championship, yet alone the P/L.

League  1 at best and thats being kind (outside of rangers and celtic)

3 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Welcome to ontario mate. Where abouts will you be moving too. The list of ontario foxes is growing get in queue! Haha

Drop me a DM mate, I'll let you know - early days yet! Would be good to get in touch with other Foxes out there. :)

Let's get a result tonight then see what happens. I'm still not even confident of that right now, which I think sums up how bad it's gotten. Brighton for me are a better team than Cardiff or Southampton with a proper striker in Murray of the mould we're crying out for, and both of the latter pulled our pants down at home already this year.

Prove me wrong lads - your new boss will be watching after all.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, richieboy said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned in a previous post but why should Celtic fans be angry and upset after all they did steal Martin O'Neil from us

Because they ‘think’ they are massive and Leicester are a little Club.  

52 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

BluesBrothers checking in at work here because I forgot my morse code mess of a password. Account name checks out before you ask - moving to Ontario next year so thought I'd get my neck in before someone else nicks the name. :ph34r:

A lot to get off my chest here because I've not posted in months - to be honest, while I've tried to put on a brave face, I'm actually at a point of almost losing interest such is the way our season has unravelled after Boxing Day. Better things to be doing than wasting an afternoon with no expectation of a result, which is unfortunately where we now find ourselves - the run of form and manner of our weekly defeats is turgid bordering on suicidal.

First thought is that I'm genuinely sad that it didn't work out with Claude - promotion of the youth was much appreciated at a time we needed to move on from the class of 2015-16, and he was classy during the tough time in the aftermath of the crash. I appreciate the moment I got to witness after the win at Cardiff in particular with Claude and the players - the one moment where something approaching a rapport between manager and fanbase was felt in an otherwise cold and strained relationship.

Occasionally baffling and consistently inflexible tactics aside, I think a lot of the playing staff have to take a long hard look at themselves, because I genuinely don't think the football was that bad, just that we A) had no end product and B) kept making stupid individual and defensive mistakes and lacked concentration at key moments, especially early in games. The likes of Schmeichel (woeful distribution all season), Maguire (at fault for more goals than people like to admit and seemingly incapable of jumping for a header unless it's in the opposition box) and Vardy (system not suiting him granted, but not doing enough for me to play himself into games and get involved in promising attacking moves) need to hold their hands up as our more "experienced" players and buck their ideas up. Factor in a number of the young players drifting out of form, Maddison in particular, and that's a full first XI underperforming in key areas and, frankly, letting their manager down.

Crystal Palace was the nadir of that player failure of Claude's "philosopheee". We absolutely ran Palace off the park for the majority of a genuinely impressive first half, playing neat passing triangles and keeping the ball while genuinely looking threatening. The result? Our misfiring strike force missed a string of great chances, midfield switched off, Palace scored with their first shot and, despite hauling ourselves back into it with a goal typically scored by one of our defenders, we then proceeded to absolutely gift Palace three more with individual errors, poor defensive positioning and a pretty straightforward save sneaking through Kasper's gloves. Not good enough all around, and nothing to do with the set-up - just yet another hatful of dumb mistakes costing us the game. It was the Wolves game again, just without even a hint of the joy in front of goal we enjoyed that day to give us false hope. Of course Puel's number was up after that. It was proof that, even when it looked like his tactics were working, he couldn't rely on his players to do the basics right to translate it into points.

Right, moving on. Brendan Rodgers? I couldn't ask for a better fit in honesty, for the reasons others have listed. He plays a similar brand of expansive football. He promotes the youth. He's not afraid to change things if it's clearly not working. And most importantly? While he has a reputation as a man manager and someone capable of winning around misfiring individuals, on the flipside I am relishing the prospect of him putting a rocket up the collective rear ends of some faces in that dressing room that, frankly, have let the fans, themselves and their (now ex) manager down.

Bring on the Brighton - as I did with Puel, I will give Rodgers time, but it is now up to the players to prove they're better than they've suggested over recent months. They need to win me back, personally, because youthful or not they've been toe-curlingly naïve and self-destructive as a unit pretty-much all season and cost their manager the job.

Great post, IMO - balanced take without hyperbole or spin.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, StevieB said:

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere but I haven't seen it. I love this. Its on twitter and they are salty as pirates ?

Screenshot_20190226-142148.jpg

Eh, no worries.  They'll get their man in the summer.

JoseyCelt.thumb.JPG.bd54bd9e93e194850a3f87ee7af7275b.JPG

• Like 1