Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jamesmilner

IT'S ON

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Because they've been chirping for years about him staying for 10 in a row and the trebble trebble and him being a fan and staying until it's complete... and then he walks for 12th place Leicester who just lost 4-1 to Palace. Without a rational head or knowing what's going on here you'd lose your mind... reality is he needs to reestablish himself to stand a chance of getting a top job again and our setup is ripe to be improved and make him look great.

After over a year of us being at loggerheads, you are finally writing sense.

Welcome back Baby, all is forgiven. 

1 minute ago, lcfcell said:

Celtic’s fans have completely lost it, I’ve seen numerous tweets now making a joke out of the helicopter crash

It is because it’s hit them they’re a medium fish left flapping in a puddle. They’re a championship outfit at best and Rodgers is joining a far bigger, and better club and I will not entertain a counter argument. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UPinCarolina said:

I’m glad we’re not falling into an interim trap. At least we are going for it, and seemingly getting what we want.

Ideal timing. He gets to assess the squad for the rest of the season, then has a full summer of transfers and full pre-season 

Quality move yet again by our owners

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TK95 said:

20190226_122230.jpg

Owners probably said to Rodgers come now asses the squad and in the summer you will have £180 million to make us a top 6 club.

Celtic couldn't afford that over 40 years.

Yes he may of got the treble treble if he stayed in Scotland but realistically it's the equivalent of getting 3 straight wins in the premier league 

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Yeah, I have accepted he's gone, I'm not that fussed about it - as I've said repeatedly before I'd have gotten rid in the summer anyway: with most of the old guard out of contract it presented a clear opportunity to give a new man a completely clean slate to work with. I just don't think Rodgers is any good as a manager, and will amount to nothing more than the same discussion in 12 months time. I'd have sooner taken the clean slate in the summer and given it to a young manager who can really advance us.

He's only 46.

4 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Owners probably said to Rodgers come now asses the squad and in the summer you will have £180 million to make us a top 6 club.

Celtic couldn't afford that over 40 years.

Yes he may of got the treble treble if he stayed in Scotland but realistically it's the equivalent of getting 3 straight wins in the premier league 

£180m???

How many players are we selling first?

• Like 1

What a great time to be a Leicester fan! Young, progressive, experienced, hungry manager with a personality incoming; ambitious ownership not afraid to invest in players and infrastructure; most talented young squad in the Premier League; premier training facility being built; ground expansion pending. Time to start enjoying this golden period again and maybe just dare to dream of cup wins and European nights. We'll never have a better chance! Raise your voices and serve notice that Leicester are back at the game tonight!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

If true then welcome aboard (soon).  For some unknown reason I have never been a fan of his and find him unlikeable but I must admit his record is very, very good and he fits the remit (possession football and decent record with young players).  He is also still pretty young and definitely has something left to prove in Premier League.  Quite surprised actually, I remember MON leaving us for Celtic so actually quite nice to turn the tables and it is certainly a statement of intent.  X

My concern is MON joined Celtic as one of the most admired managers and his return to the Premier League was less than inspiring. I hope that managing a club with little to no challenge doesn't always have this effect.

• Like 1

Just now, Trav Le Bleu said:

My concern is MON joined Celtic as one of the most admired managers and his return to the Premier League was less than inspiring. I hope that managing a club with little to no challenge doesn't always have this effect.

I see what you are saying but I always felt MON's downfall was losing Robertson?  A bit like Pearson and Shakespeare.  I don't really know much about Rodger's coaching staff but hopefully he still has a few years at the top level in him.

X

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Rubbish.

He joined Villa that had finished 16th the previous season and took them to 6th three times running and a league cup final.  He wasn't sacked but left due to concerns about funds.  Where are they now? 

With Sunderland he finished 13th.  Not brilliant I s'pose but it was Sunderland.  Where are they now?

• Like 3