Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jamesmilner

IT'S ON

1 hour ago, TK95 said:

20190226_122230.jpg

pretty weird to be bragging about the fact our players might get taken by the bigger prey when your manager is literally being taken by a bigger club as we speak. 

obviously we aren’t as far up the food chain as the top 5/6, but fu cking hell where does that put teams like celtic? they don’t even register. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Doctor said:

What is his record? Lower half championship with Watford, abysmal failure with Reading, did well with Swansea, failure at Liverpool and left a mess that Klopp needed three years to fix, won trophies in a one team league where even Ronny Delia won titles. His record is worse than Puels - who won a French title (stronger league than Scotland) and took teams deep into Europe.

Bit harsh on his record at Liverpool, they did well to Finish 2nd, He gave Sterling his debut and signed coutino for £8m

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Yeah, I have accepted he's gone, I'm not that fussed about it - as I've said repeatedly before I'd have gotten rid in the summer anyway: with most of the old guard out of contract it presented a clear opportunity to give a new man a completely clean slate to work with. I just don't think Rodgers is any good as a manager, and will amount to nothing more than the same discussion in 12 months time. I'd have sooner taken the clean slate in the summer and given it to a young manager who can really advance us.

He's not exactly old though is he 46 I think that's pretty young in management terms he's got decent experience as well what's not to like. Plays decent football certainly better than Puel and by the looks of it wants the job give the guy a chance??

The club need applauding for there decisive and prompt action.

Every potential candidate for the role will have some questions against their CV, however, it does seem like he could be an ideal fit, time will tell.

I feel now is the time for us fans to galvanise and get behind him and see what happens. This Puel in or out hangover is quite frankly boring now and it's time to move on and support our new manager and our team surely?

Edited by Bluetintedspecs
  • Like 1

I've seen people mention timing and mention waiting til summer. Surely now is the perfect timing for us? 

The players have had 15 months of a new style of football with multiple chops and changes, surely the last thing we need is another interim manager who again chops and changes things, then a new permanent manager in the summer who again changes things. 

This is perfect for me, we aren't in real danger of relegation at this point which gives BR 2 months to work out what he needs and wants in the summer to improve us, then he gets a proper pre season and transfer window with actual planning. 

This is perfect imo.

• Like 3

Just now, Cujek said:

some of the comments on http://www.talkceltic.net/forums/threads/brendan-rodgers.140439/page-911

make our worst, look like level headed, knowledgeable individuals.

how a human being can type some of this vitriol is beyond me.

Being a Scottish football fan makes you dead in the head. Nothing about football is normal up there. Football mixed with daft religious politics is recipe for disaster. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

pretty weird to be bragging about the fact our players might get taken by the bigger prey when your manager is literally being taken by a bigger club as we speak. 

obviously we aren’t as far up the food chain as the top 5/6, but fu cking hell where does that put teams like celtic? they don’t even register. 

Totally agree.  They are so deluded.   Basically they cannot accept they are tinpot and always will be, because no one out side of Glasgow has any interest in watching Scottish Football.  It must really hurt that little old Leicester can buy players like Benko and loan them out why they struggle to sign anyone decent.

1 minute ago, Kopfkino said:

Being a Scottish football fan makes you dead in the head. Nothing about football is normal up there. Football mixed with daft religious politics is recipe for disaster. 

Leave the religion at the gates, football is its own religion no place for anything else on the stands imo.

threatening to "kick the wee bastards teeth in" im sure is not allowed in this day and age.

Ah well, they will be bitter for a bit then go back to hating each other and forget about us.

Quite enjoying the anguish and bitterness of the Celtic fans to all this.

A club that embodies sectarianism and prejudice with a large measure of entitlement being shown where they actually figure in British football by a club like Leicester - who represent a city that celebrates tolerance and inclusion - sits very well with me. 

The sick posts by Celtic fans - some quoted above - illustrate why their club is stuck in time - (not to mention Scotland).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

Quite enjoying the anguish and bitterness of the Celtic fans to all this.

A club that embodies sectarianism and prejudice with a large measure of entitlement being shown where they actually figure in British football by a club like Leicester - who represent a city that celebrates tolerance and inclusion - sits very well with me. 

The sick posts by Celtic fans - some quoted above - illustrate why their club is stuck in time - (not to mention Scotland).

Never seen anything quite like it.

its a bit weird to be honest.

Almost as if people are posting from the 70's / 80's, talking about kicking each others heads in.

Looks like Brendan Rodgers is leaving Celtic -- immediately -- to take over at Leicester. Really good appointment for #LCFC, but amazed that he seems desperate to go now, with Celtic on the verge of a treble treble. Why not tell Leicester to wait? Bizarre - and disappointing.

one guy saying Brit journos calling him a snake now, erm i got some news for you mate, you are a Brit as well?!?!

its one of the most vile forums i have ever read, makes the fighting cock look like mrs miggins tea room forums.

weird, weird people.