Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jamesmilner

IT'S ON

30 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Maybe although at 8 points clear and 11 left to play I don't see it - we realistically only need 3/4 more points. I take your point about an interim, but a permanent manager should be a clear improvement, and I don't see how David Brent is.

Every season except the 2nd place one was sketchy at Liverpool. He finished 2nd, 6th, 7th and left in 10th. People's memories are skewed by that one season where Suarez was in mental form, in reality for the most part he had them underachieving.

Only Rafa has managed anything significantly more than he did there in recent times.

Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 11.31.39.png

• Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If we get this over the line it's truly outstanding by the club, takes some doing to get a manager fromCeltic two thirds of the way through the season when on for a trebble. No messing, straight for the jugular . An experienced manager in this league with a decent record and a profile that fits with what we are trying to do. Bravo.

And be getting him in now we don't give another club like Tottenham a chance to gazump us in the summer. The manager is the most important man at a club so always look to get the best one in you possibly can. 

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Only Rafa has managed anything significantly more than he did there in recent times.

Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 11.31.39.png

And Houlliers 6 trophies in 6 years. Really you look at that and he's better than Hodgson, and Dalglish (although Dalglish won a trophy). Not much of an achievement. 

21 minutes ago, WestLothianFox said:

Only problem is that we dont have 2 premiere quality strikers. 

agreed. he’ll probably make do with what we have until  he can get someone else in the summer. I wouldn’t be against him trying Barnes up there.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, john ridley said:

Its a pity there wasn't the net when we nicked Jock Wallace from Rangers after they'd  won the treble ,which was harder to do then.I expect the Rangers fans were just as unhappy ,so now we've  done both ,get in :scarf::scarf:

even more so if we had pulled of that Yohan Cryuff signing. Ah well...

7 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

And Houlliers 6 trophies in 6 years. Really you look at that and he's better than Hodgson, and Dalglish (although Dalglish won a trophy). Not much of an achievement. 

Yeah but 50% win rate, even with the dodgy seasons, isn't to be sniffed at. 

The only long-term Leicester manager in history with a win rate over 50% is Nige in his first term with 51.40% (entirely League 1 and Champ results). Next closest is Frank O'Farrell at 46.27%. 

Obviously our squad isn't as strong as the one Rogers had at Liverpool (yet? :ph34r:) but I think most fans would be more than happy if he got anywhere close to his Liverpool record.

Brings back memories of when we nicked another winning manager from the Scottish League 1 (as it was back then). He replaced another very unpopular managers - Frank McLintock. Sorry, can’t find the original post on FT. ?

Edit - apologies just read the recent post from Happy

Edited by mikey54

14 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

You have literally become the very (negative) person you ranted about for months on here! Hilarious thing is, you can't even see it! lol

Edited by STUHILL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Simon Stone

BBC Sport

Depending on how talks progress, it is not out of the question Brendan Rodgers could be at the King Power for Leicester's game against Brighton later today.

For guidance, the club say a Wednesday news conference is unlikely, with Thursday looking a more probably day for Rodgers to be unveiled.

Article Reactions
  •  

He would be in for the Watford game then.  As an ex-Watford boss, that would be a good introduction for him !

18 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Tierney, McGregor, Forrest, Boyata. Even have a look at Rogic (depending on how he does past his knee operation).

Nabbing, nabbing all of them! :D

Tierney is the only one of those I'm convinced has the quality to succeed down here, and he plays in a position where we have 2 excellent players already. If Chilwell left, he'd be worth pursuing.

11 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:
YyirgCUb_bigger.jpgStewart Weir @sweirz
FollowFollow @sweirz
More

Jock Wallace did the treble with #Rangers and left for #LCFC #Foxes Graeme Souness left top of the table #Rangers in April 1991 and headed for #LFC for those who have used the term 'unprecedented' this morning in broadcasts, thank me later ...

What a great stat... stolen two managers off the Old firm after doing the trebble. lol

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

CVNT

There were a number of comments like that on the TalkCeltic forum as I glanced through. All of them scolded by their own fans shortly after, and rightfully so. They're perfectly entitle to feel bitter - we would/(were) if the situations were reversed - just a minority who are being dicks about it.

21 minutes ago, Ricey said:

"Stylistically, Rodgers is the most 'foreign' British manager the Premier League has seen. His professional playing career ended at 20 because of a congenital knee condition, but Rodgers was determined to make a serious impact on British football. 'My ideology was, "OK, I'm not going to have an influence on the game as a player, technically or tactically. Can I do it as a coach?" My objective was to show that British players could play football.' Rodgers particularly admired the Spanish model, long before their dominance at international level, and spent extended periods in that country furthering his coaching education. His ideal weekend involved flying into Barcelona on a Saturday evening, spending the Sunday watching Barga's youth matches, heading to the Nou Camp to observe the first team, then flying home. He visited the training grounds of Valencia, Sevilla and Betis, always pinpointing clubs who emphasised a long-term, possession-based, collective football style and regularly promoted youth products - in other words, he didn't bother with Real Madrid. He took Spanish lessons for seven years, conscious that a move to Spain might suit his coaching career, and he also paid close attention to the likes of Ajax and FC Twente in the Netherlands."

That's one hell of an extract.

Shows he's got his head screwed on, has a focus on the long-term and is willing to develop his own philosophy rather than follow the cookie-cutter template of a lot of British managers (Allardyce, Pulis, Pardew et al.). Reminds me a bit of when we were 'pioneering' with our sports science facilities and cryo-chambers under Pearson, and our alternative statistical analysis (beyond the normal metrics) with Rob Mackenzie as scout.

If everything meshes together nicely we could be in for very exciting times ahead.