Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox in notts

Fans leaving early

5 hours ago, squarez said:

If people's schedules are so tight that the difference between leaving at 85 minutes and 90 is life and death maybe spending the better part of an afternoon at a football game isn't the wisest time investment.

Why..!! Arent they allowed some Part of a time-out!!  Have you gathered stats...??

someone Else who wants to judge how People should Play their lives out....very wise!!!

spending Time on a Football forum..millions of others would question 'Our wisdom...'. 

Wise men we are not.....!!  Knowing and admitting it ,is at least some salvation.

• Like 1

I think what people want is a raucous, passionate atmosphere that can give the team that extra 5 or 10% when they will need it. And no one can do that alone it needs to be a collective effort. It’s clear that like the majority of fans at the game most of the posters on here don’t really like to contribute to any of that 

2 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

I think what people want is a raucous, passionate atmosphere that can give the team that extra 5 or 10% when they will need it. And no one can do that alone it needs to be a collective effort.

Absolutely right.

2 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

. It’s clear that like the majority of fans at the game most of the posters on here don’t really like to contribute to any of that 

Absolutely not true. Taking the piss out of people being holier than thou (and I've copped that myself in the past) isn't the same as not wanting to contribute vocal support. The cognitive dissonance of a few on here is stunning.

9 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Absolutely right.

Absolutely not true. Taking the piss out of people being holier than thou (and I've copped that myself in the past) isn't the same as not wanting to contribute vocal support. The cognitive dissonance of a few on here is stunning.

I don’t think many people are taking the piss. Like I said it’s a collective effort and everyone needs to contribute to reach the goal which is to make the KP a real fortress. If people can’t express this on a forum where else can they? It’s really quite simple, our fans -at least 90% - are dogshit. They believe they’re entitled to go to the game and be entertained when they cannot even be bothered to show some energy in the stands. Maybe you’re right and it isn’t linked but I for the life of me cannot understand why people go to watch their team play, especially a team like this in the position we’re in and show as little enthusiasm as the majority of our fanbase do. Isn’t part of being a football fan about the connection between a successful team and the fans? The energy at the end of a game? Definitely not at the KP and not in our away ends either if I’m being honest. 

Get behind the boys! It’s a long stretch 

Edited by K1FOX
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, old koppite said:

Ha ha! It makes me laugh that whattheschlupp and whatthefuchs we’re getting some right stick on here about 6 weeks ago for questioning why people leave early in a similar thread, and now our brilliant manager raises it in the national press, and I can’t hear those who shouted those 2 lads down at the time with “ mind your business, I do want  I want “, “ how old are you sonny jim” and “ very few will leave early if we at near the top and it’s a very tight game “ etc bullshit! Ha, suck it up losers!! Who are ya? 

Was thinking the same thing, now that our manager has even mentioned I feel vindicated, but who cares if our players and manager also think it’s embarrassing, I pay my money I do what I want etc etc 

Just now, WhatTheSchlupp? said:

Was thinking the same thing, now that our manager has even mentioned I feel vindicated, but who cares if our players and manager also think it’s embarrassing, I pay my money I do what I want etc etc 

It's nice to see you back, I've missed you.

1 minute ago, K1FOX said:

I don’t think many people are taking the piss. Like I said it’s a collective effort and everyone needs to contribute to reach the goal which is to make the KP a real fortress. If people can’t express this on a forum where else can they? It’s really quite simple, our fans -at least 90% - are dogshit. They believe they’re entitled to go to the game and be entertained when they cannot even be bothered to show some energy in the stands. Maybe you’re right and it isn’t linked but I for the life of me cannot understand why people go to watch their team play, especially a team like this in the position we’re in and show as little enthusiasm as the majority of our fanbase do

Well i can vouch for @HighPeakFox tonight he wasnt quiet all game and even though we were sitting in the West Stand and not in the thick of it i would like to think we made our support known.

I'm sure the guy sitting the other side of me will bring earplugs next game and hope he doesnt end up sitting next to me! (The blonde bird with the out of tune chants) 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

lollollollollollollollollollollollollol

We'll offer Maddison a new contract in the summer on 250k a week, he'll say 'No mate i'm off, seen a few lads leaving early vs. Everton, I'm off to Palace to earn 20k a week and fight relegation but their fans stay till the end'.

Exaggerate all you want, why wouldn’t he want to go to a bigger club when our fans can’t be arsed to stay to see us win or to back them to equalise/get a winner, screams small time to me and I’m sure rodgers etc as well

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WhatTheSchlupp? said:

Exaggerate all you want, why wouldn’t he want to go to a bigger club when our fans can’t be arsed to stay to see us win or to back them to equalise/get a winner, screams small time to me and I’m sure rodgers etc as well

Did you enjoy the match tonight? 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Other clubs do it every week, we see it every couple of weeks at away games? People on here have their head up their arse thinking they're some sort of superfan because they stay a couple of extra minutes at a football game every week:worship:

Not when they win though mate... we are the only home team that leave in droves while winning massively or fighting for a winner/equaliser, when we lose away haven’t seen anything like it from home fans

I didn’t say you were in the 90% lol 

No, but you're casting judgement on a vast majority, and this isn't going to help the cause one iota. The same reason I said that it's the way the various posters have tried to rouse greater support, it's the delivery as much as the message.

Been away for a while but couldn’t resist this lol - 2 things

1. Our support really is worse than I’ve ever seen it before, near silence broken only by 1 short chorus of “Come on Leicester” and frequent groaning whenever a player loses the ball or makes a mistake. Until we score and we get a couple of minutes of atmosphere before descending to silence/groaning again.

2. I laughed so much at the 80 minute brigade missing another late goal, almost as much as I laughed at the droves who missed Iheanacho’ last minute goal.

Maybe these last 2 games and Rodgers even mentioning the fans leaving early might encourage people to stay, but I doubt it, everyone’s too keen to watch I’m a Celeb instead right?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Did you enjoy the match tonight? 

As a fan if we get 3 points I’ve enjoyed myself. But it’s not about enjoying ourselves it’s about collectively helping the team. That’s what the 30,000 people in the stadium should be there for. Why not just watch it on tv otherwise?

• Like 2

Just now, WhatTheSchlupp? said:

Yeah it was good, atmosphere a lot to be desired but can’t complain about the result, how about you?

It was cold, and the team weren't at their best. I'll defend our fans for at least one thing - it's been said often, but acoustically, the ground is unhelpful. Quite often we could hear 2 distant and disparate chants tonight, and they clearly could not hear one another. It particularly irks me, because I'm a musician, so I tend to be very aware of such things, and it might explain some of the apathy that you are concerned about.

• Like 3

As a fan if we get 3 points I’ve enjoyed myself. But it’s not about enjoying ourselves it’s about collectively helping the team. That’s what the 30,000 people in the stadium should be there for. Why not just watch it on tv otherwise?

In a perfect world, yes. However, do your bit, I'll do my bit, and hopefully it will bring others with us. Calling the majority 'dogshit' won't.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

It was cold, and the team weren't at their best. I'll defend our fans for at least one thing - it's been said often, but acoustically, the ground is unhelpful. Quite often we could hear 2 distant and disparate chants tonight, and they clearly could not hear one another. It particularly irks me, because I'm a musician, so I tend to be very aware of such things, and it might explain some of the apathy that you are concerned about.

I do agree about the ground being unhelpful, the more compact grounds like Loftus Road carry the noise a lot better and creates a great atmosphere - doesn’t excuse our now awful atmosphere week in week out though, it’s been fantastic in the past, I think maybe a lot of our fans are becoming a bit complacent

• Like 1

1 minute ago, What the Fuchs? said:

I do agree about the ground being unhelpful, the more compact grounds like Loftus Road carry the noise a lot better and creates a great atmosphere - doesn’t excuse our now awful atmosphere week in week out though, it’s been fantastic in the past, I think maybe a lot of our fans are becoming a bit complacent

Maybe, maybe not. I'm simply discouraging judgement, that is all. It won't win the argument.

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

In a perfect world, yes. However, do your bit, I'll do my bit, and hopefully it will bring others with us. Calling the majority 'dogshit' won't.

I get the acoustics thing but every now and again (not today) there’s 2 mins where for example the whole kop shows some energy and then the sound does carry. Why is it only ever a very short burst though, that’s the killer question 

Just now, K1FOX said:

I get the acoustics thing but every now and again (not today) there’s 2 mins where for example the whole kop shows some energy and then the sound does carry. Why is it only ever a very short burst though, that’s the killer question 

I suspect the answer is a deeper one about society, and i don't have the answer to it.

I remember Rob Kelly, the Mandaric era, League One all having arguably better atmospheres than of recent. The Boro game in January 2013 when less than 10,000 made it in had an unbelievable atmosphere under the circumstance, probably because everyone in attendance knew they had a role to play that day. 

It really seems we peaked in our title win and just can’t be arsed anymore. Pretty sad really.

In terms of leaving, I’ve always seen it in terms of the theatre. If droves started leaving midway through the last act, you’re not only depriving yourself of the conclusion and any possible twist, it would be considered massively rude by both the rest of the audience trying to watch the show as you bumble out but also totally disrepectful to the actors and staff on the show.

In football where there’s real repercussions for winning and losing and massive spotlight and proper pressure on the players, it must be disheartening to watch people leave 5 minutes before full time as you’re chasing a win or trying to see out a win in a tough game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1