Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox in notts

Fans leaving early

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Brendan says don't leave early.

Be more like Brendan.

If the manager notices it then so do the players, it just makes us look like a small club to the manager and players we’re so desperate to keep. Tbh Sunday was actually a lot better than almost every other game in terms of people staying to the end so the players etc will definitely have already noticed before.

Why would Maddison, chilwell rodgers etc want to stay long term when they look around after an amazing game or finish and see so many empty seats. Yes the chance of success and playing well is one thing but the appearance of half-hearted support to them must be disappointing to say the least. We want to be seen as a big club up there with the established top 6 but we never really will in the eyes of players with poor showings on the terraces, atmosphere wise and especially leaving early when second in the league and flying

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

People leave early at every stadium, it's just how it is, one year when I had a season ticket I had to leave Saturday 3pm fixtures around 15 minutes before the end to get to work on time, didn't want to, though Craig Levien was manager at the time so I didn't mind.

Edited by Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot
  • Like 1

Matches played in the evenings with work the next day and having to get up quite early, unless I've booked the next day off I will leave a few minutes early, especially has it takes about 15/25 minutes to clear the stadium from where I sit.

Saturdays or morning matches I never leave early.

I have left matches early when not feeling well, only missed one league match in 5 years or so due to illness.

5 hours ago, WhatTheSchlupp? said:

If the manager notices it then so do the players, it just makes us look like a small club to the manager and players we’re so desperate to keep. Tbh Sunday was actually a lot better than almost every other game in terms of people staying to the end so the players etc will definitely have already noticed before.

Why would Maddison, chilwell rodgers etc want to stay long term when they look around after an amazing game or finish and see so many empty seats. Yes the chance of success and playing well is one thing but the appearance of half-hearted support to them must be disappointing to say the least. We want to be seen as a big club up there with the established top 6 but we never really will in the eyes of players with poor showings on the terraces, atmosphere wise and especially leaving early when second in the league and flying

Agreed, also I feel as if the players want to interact with the fans after the game. Imagine playing in that game, the adrenaline and euphoria of winning in the last minute and keeping an unbeaten streak/title aspirations still alive, I for one would like to suck in all the emotions and atmosphere after the whistle has blown and then you look round and there's empty seats, I could see that as a little come down. The last couple of away games the whole team came up to the fans to actually enjoy it with us. 

I suppose the message is, think of it as a whole experience and stay if you can, and if you can't make better arrangements next time ®️

• Like 2

There will always be relatively small numbers of people that have to get away for one reason or another.

But I've never understood people that pay a fair whack to watch a match then leave 10 minutes before half time and/or 10 minutes before the end. Really bizarre behaviour imo.

• Like 2

I am not going to criticise anybody for leaving early as everybody has their own reasons and circumstances.  

The bigger shame is probably for the fans themselves, as you're only watching the match for 95-100mins in total anyway and in the ground 2hrs, go 5 or 10 mins early and you will miss goals, important action etc. 

Maybe the trick is to start heading slowly down at 90 mins, that way you are in front of the bowwave but still see most of or all the action.

Then again I see loads of people heading off to the toilets and bar/food between 35 & 40 mins in the 1st half.

Just seems strange psychology to invest a lot of cash in going, the day itself and then in the end miss the final result, or a crucial end of game moment by going after 80 mins.

I live in the county now so would be as keen as anybody to not be stuck on the stairs and outside the ground waiting for fans to get going.

Sadly on Sunday they missed the chance to celebrate mentally twice!!!

• Like 1

As I said before, Sunday might've been different due to the unprecedented issues on the trains heading towards Melton and Oakham- of course people still leave early who live locally but numbers may have increased on Sunday. Not sure tonight will be a great time either being a midweek- the Norwich match will give a better indication.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack1993 said:

We score one last minute winner and weird folk think it proves their point about NEVER EVER leaving a game early, give over - a lot of fans have got family to spend time with, they start working early & they finish working late but oh no old Bobby Fosse thinks he's a better fan because he's unemployed, stays til the end and drinks fox sh1t in Firebug on his way home :clap:

Far from the first time it's happened in the past few seasons thought, is it? Maguire equaliser v Man United springs to mind, plus countless times we've been pushing in exciting games. I'd be absolutely amazed if even 1% of those who leave early had to go because they've got to get to work. Plus what the fvck does "unemployed" have to do with anything?

At the end of the day, if you think getting out a few minutes early and missing drama like that makes it worth it then you're the weirdo, not the folks who stay to enjoy it.

• Like 1

There weren't too many fans leaving early post Christmas in the title winning season. 

I'm not going to criticise anyone who leaves early, as i'm sure they have their reasons, but the Newcastle home game shocked me earlier this season in terms of the actual volume of people who had left. We won 5-0 and the players are walking round the pitch clapping a half empty stadium at best.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Corky said:

As I said before, Sunday might've been different due to the unprecedented issues on the trains heading towards Melton and Oakham- of course people still leave early who live locally but numbers may have increased on Sunday. Not sure tonight will be a great time either being a midweek- the Norwich match will give a better indication.

Exactly.

There'll be a fair few leaving early to get the train back towards Loughborough as well, I imagine. If you stay til the final whistle and there's zero added minutes in both halves, then you've got just enough time to make it to the station for the train if youre quick. It's an hours wait for the next one (assuming trains run on time), so plenty won't get back til gone 11 on a weeknight. Leaving 5-10 minutes early makes an awful lot of difference.

I won't leave early, personally, but can absolutely understand those who do in situations like this.

21 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Far from the first time it's happened in the past few seasons thought, is it? Maguire equaliser v Man United springs to mind, plus countless times we've been pushing in exciting games. I'd be absolutely amazed if even 1% of those who leave early had to go because they've got to get to work. Plus what the fvck does "unemployed" have to do with anything?

At the end of the day, if you think getting out a few minutes early and missing drama like that makes it worth it then you're the weirdo, not the folks who stay to enjoy it.

It's simple maths mate, if you're unemployed then you can stay up later - wasn't an attack on you specifically :thumbup: