Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox in notts

Fans leaving early

It would be interesting to gauge the reasons why people leave early and what could possibly allow them to stay until the end.

Would a shuttle bus service outside the ground to the centre be an option? Or a park and ride service to avoid the main traffic areas like Welford Road?

Our ground, despite being well placed to get to on foot from the train station and centre, can't be easy to get away from which probably adds time on to journeys. I hope they can get a rail route in the future- that would ease congestion I think and a designated service would be welcomed.

Ha ha! It makes me laugh that whattheschlupp and whatthefuchs we’re getting some right stick on here about 6 weeks ago for questioning why people leave early in a similar thread, and now our brilliant manager raises it in the national press, and I can’t hear those who shouted those 2 lads down at the time with “ mind your business, I do want  I want “, “ how old are you sonny jim” and “ very few will leave early if we at near the top and it’s a very tight game “ etc bullshit! Ha, suck it up losers!! Who are ya? 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, old koppite said:

Ha ha! It makes me laugh that whattheschlupp and whatthefuchs we’re getting some right stick on here about 6 weeks ago for questioning why people leave early in a similar thread, and now our brilliant manager raises it in the national press, and I can’t hear those who shouted those 2 lads down at the time with “ mind your business, I do want  I want “, “ how old are you sonny jim” and “ very few will leave early if we at near the top and it’s a very tight game “ etc bullshit! Ha, suck it up losers!! Who are ya? 

Tbf I doubt anybody is gonna go up to Brendan and say those things.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I’m surprised anybody can commit to having a season ticket given that there’s seemingly so much going on in fans’ lives. Being home 20 minutes earlier must be really important.

How can Maddison, Chilwell, Tielemans, Soyuncu or whoever, be asked to stay at the club when probably 1/5 of our fans can’t be arsed for 5 more minutes?

Because the fans of Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool are notorious for each and every fan staying until the bitter end? I'm sure at Filbert Street no one ever left early. Ever.

I mean, I don't want it to be a case of "everyone does it" but, like, everyone does it. We're not unique in having fans leaving. Each and every person is different in terms of their priorities and yeah, some people go early. Some people saunter down 10 minutes before half time.

Getting bored of saying it, but see you all in three months when this crops up again. More than likely when we've scored a late winner and people are going "HAHA SUCKS TO BE THEM" and a 10-page debate begins, the same points over and over.

Until people start to think strategically like @Corky has in addressing the "issue" as to why and potentially implementing things which will change it then it's never going to stop. Brendan mentioning it won't make a jot of difference, people will continue to do as they wish. Do we need better transport links and ways of people getting away from the stadium. As fashionable as it is to say "well 20 minutes shouldn't make a difference" "Stay to the end etc etc" it's not going to solve the problem.

• Like 3

Always remember at Filbert St when people in the Main Stand started leaving a few minutes before the end it drew the inevitable chant from the Kop of 'The snobs are going home!' from thousands of throats with arms pointing over at the offenders.

Kind of petty maybe, but it always tickled me...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Corky said:

It would be interesting to gauge the reasons why people leave early and what could possibly allow them to stay until the end.

Would a shuttle bus service outside the ground to the centre be an option? Or a park and ride service to avoid the main traffic areas like Welford Road?

Our ground, despite being well placed to get to on foot from the train station and centre, can't be easy to get away from which probably adds time on to journeys. I hope they can get a rail route in the future- that would ease congestion I think and a designated service would be welcomed.

if for example, you have a car parking space at the ground and you dont leave 10 mins early to drive out, the stewards shut off the car park for 1 hour after.

it could take like 2 hours from final whistle to get home, rather than 30 mins, for the sake of 10 mins missed match.

i always say this when this bloody topic comes up, but to judge others by your standards is wrong, everyone has their own lives, live and let live.

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

I’m surprised anybody can commit to having a season ticket given that there’s seemingly so much going on in fans’ lives. Being home 20 minutes earlier must be really important.

How can Maddison, Chilwell, Tielemans, Soyuncu or whoever, be asked to stay at the club when probably 1/5 of our fans can’t be arsed for 5 more minutes?

I don't think players would decide to stay or not based on how early some fans leave.

Edited by Viva
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Cujek said:

if for example, you have a car parking space at the ground and you dont leave 10 mins early to drive out, the stewards shut off the car park for 1 hour after.

it could take like 2 hours from final whistle to get home, rather than 30 mins, for the sake of 10 mins missed match.

i always say this when this bloody topic comes up, but to judge others by your standards is wrong, everyone has their own lives, live and let live.

But this is hardly new? Queues have always existed on local roads even when we were getting sub-20k crowds at Filbert Street.

If getting home from the match early means that much to you that you're willing to miss more than one-tenth of it each time you go, then I suggest you'd be better off not bothering to go in the first place.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, old koppite said:

My position would be exactly the same as before Brendan raised the point. If I needed to leave early like I do on a Saturday 3pm kick off to get to work then I will. If I had to leave early on the odd occasion for family reasons, then again I will. Otherwise I always stay to the end. What anybody says would not change what I decide to do. 

• Like 1

Never have I left my seat with a game at 1-0 or 1-1 etc

On very few occasions I've left any game early and when I have it's because of prior arrangements.

I am guilty of sometimes leaving my seat with 30 seconds left in injury time but only to avoid the pushing and shoving down the stairs and when the game is dead and buried, again, if the game is tight I stay in my seat until the whistle is blown.

I remember fans left before full time in the league cup game against man city a couple of seasons ago. Even heard one guy on the phone to someone who had left moaning because he wasn't allowed back in to watch extra time 

People will have things that sometimes get in the way, like I said, I've had arrangements before that have meant I've had to leave with 5 or 10 minutes left, but surely they are in the minority. There's no getting away from the fact that the majority of people who leave early are doing so to avoid traffic and queues 

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

But this is hardly new? Queues have always existed on local roads even when we were getting sub-20k crowds at Filbert Street.

If getting home from the match early means that much to you that you're willing to miss more than one-tenth of it each time you go, then I suggest you'd be better off not bothering to go in the first place.

What a shitty attitude, just let people do what they want to do.

If you care so much what others do, pay for for the seat and fill it with someone who stays to the end.

I'm not responding after this post, every time this thread comes up, i say the same thing, you have people thinking they can dictate what others do and you have people coming up with all excuses as to why someone can leave early.

just live and let live, you cant control others you will never be able to control others.

if someone wants to leave early, they will regardless of what people on the internet think of them.

To say that people just shouldn't bother going is arrogant and elitist, you don't know their situation and you shouldn't judge anyone.

Everything in life is easier when you don't concern your self with what others are doing.

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Another way to diffuse the flow of people leaving the ground is to give them a reason to stick around at the ground after the final whistle. Get some decent beer in and keep the concourse bars open after the match. Even if it kept 1 in 10 people around for 30 mins more that's less people all trying to plow out of the City at the same time. They do it at West Ham and it works a treat. 

Isn't this the plan with the fanzone around the redevelopment? 

Having been to arsenal both in the away end (not an option) and corporate (nice bars and restaurants to sit at) this sort of thing does make such a difference to your decisions. For example on Sunday if there were bars/an area it ay well have felt like an after party too

1 hour ago, Cujek said:

What a shitty attitude, just let people do what they want to do.

If you care so much what others do, pay for for the seat and fill it with someone who stays to the end.

I'm not responding after this post, every time this thread comes up, i say the same thing, you have people thinking they can dictate what others do and you have people coming up with all excuses as to why someone can leave early.

just live and let live, you cant control others you will never be able to control others.

if someone wants to leave early, they will regardless of what people on the internet think of them.

To say that people just shouldn't bother going is arrogant and elitist, you don't know their situation and you shouldn't judge anyone.

Everything in life is easier when you don't concern your self with what others are doing.

Well, what is your situation? I'm all ears. I appreciate people may need to park in the stadium car park for physical reasons, but part of being able to do that means accepting you might have to wait around for a bit while the area is cleared due to 30,000 people trying to leave the area at the same time.

I'm not trying to control anyone's behaviour. I just think it's weird that getting home quickly means that much to people that they're willing to miss out on so much of what should make following City enjoyable despite all the money they spend doing it.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, WhatTheSchlupp? said:

If the manager notices it then so do the players, it just makes us look like a small club to the manager and players we’re so desperate to keep. Tbh Sunday was actually a lot better than almost every other game in terms of people staying to the end so the players etc will definitely have already noticed before.

Why would Maddison, chilwell rodgers etc want to stay long term when they look around after an amazing game or finish and see so many empty seats. Yes the chance of success and playing well is one thing but the appearance of half-hearted support to them must be disappointing to say the least. We want to be seen as a big club up there with the established top 6 but we never really will in the eyes of players with poor showings on the terraces, atmosphere wise and especially leaving early when second in the league and flying

lollollollollollollollollollollollollol

We'll offer Maddison a new contract in the summer on 250k a week, he'll say 'No mate i'm off, seen a few lads leaving early vs. Everton, I'm off to Palace to earn 20k a week and fight relegation but their fans stay till the end'.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Sammy said:

Isn't this the plan with the fanzone around the redevelopment? 

Having been to arsenal both in the away end (not an option) and corporate (nice bars and restaurants to sit at) this sort of thing does make such a difference to your decisions. For example on Sunday if there were bars/an area it ay well have felt like an after party too

I don't know, the "fan zones" that have been run sporadically have been aimed exclusively at kids and families and have always been pre match only. This is the type of thing that gets suggested at the FCCs and totally ignored lol 

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Why is everyone so bothered about everyone else? Why do we have to go through this every time we score a late goal?

Some weird bastards on this forum:frantics:

Because Brendan Rodgers has come out and said he thinks it's strange. Seeing loads of people streaming out the ground during the end to an exciting football match is strange. If another club did it, we'd say it was strange.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, old koppite said:

Tbh, as is normally the case, it wasn't what those 'regular' posters were saying, it was how they said it. 

You seem unusually upset on their behalf.... Are you related? 

35 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Another way to diffuse the flow of people leaving the ground is to give them a reason to stick around at the ground after the final whistle. Get some decent beer in and keep the concourse bars open after the match. Even if it kept 1 in 10 people around for 30 mins more that's less people all trying to plow out of the City at the same time. They do it at West Ham and it works a treat. 

Drop in a discount if we win or a certain player scores.