Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox in notts

Fans leaving early

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Another way to diffuse the flow of people leaving the ground is to give them a reason to stick around at the ground after the final whistle. Get some decent beer in and keep the concourse bars open after the match. Even if it kept 1 in 10 people around for 30 mins more that's less people all trying to plow out of the City at the same time. They do it at West Ham and it works a treat. 

Was very impressed with how it was run at Brighton the other week, but then I'd imagine a higher proportion of people go to games there by train than do at Leicester.

32 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I don't know, the "fan zones" that have been run sporadically have been aimed exclusively at kids and families and have always been pre match only. This is the type of thing that gets suggested at the FCCs and totally ignored lol 

Yeah fair enough, the new stadium survey suggested otherwise. Would be a shame if they keep ignoring or the expansion won't address any problems

I've mentioned this on another thread a while ago, but it's probably worth saying it here too. I'm Wigston based and will be driving to the Boxing Day game. If anyone wants a lift there and back, or just home, drop me a pm. I'm happy to go pretty much anywhere south of Leicester for someone who's finding public transport difficult. If it makes a difference I stay until the final whistle, and wait for the players to come over, then I leave 😊 Oh and my pre match ritual is listening to the title winning season compilation on loop, so you'd have to listen to it too :ph34r:

Merry Christmas 🤶 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Because Brendan Rodgers has come out and said he thinks it's strange. Seeing loads of people streaming out the ground during the end to an exciting football match is strange. If another club did it, we'd say it was strange.

Other clubs do it every week, we see it every couple of weeks at away games? People on here have their head up their arse thinking they're some sort of superfan because they stay a couple of extra minutes at a football game every week:worship:

7 hours ago, dayday said:

Who’s leaving early tonight? :ph34r:

Me most probably, up before 5, not had a proper meal, got home after nodding off on the bus and eaten a packet of crisps, will eat something proper when I get home after the match, then bed and up early again tomorrow :)

1 hour ago, squarez said:

If people's schedules are so tight that the difference between leaving at 85 minutes and 90 is life and death maybe spending the better part of an afternoon at a football game isn't the wisest time investment.

Und I thought Adolph...was long gone!!!   This is a free world..now People spend their Time or Party of it....

Wow..weird Controllers in a fox-forum..:giggle:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Tbh, as is normally the case, it wasn't what those 'regular' posters were saying, it was how they said it. 

You seem unusually upset on their behalf.... Are you related? 

Ha ha ! No. 

Thanks for casting some sarcastic aspersions though! You prove my point about the shouters on here trying to belittle fans who genuinely, passionately want to make the home game atmosphere special, fortress like, a difficult place to play for the opposition etc - ala  Stoke 6 years ago.

Im just an old fart who remembers my rose coloured memories of the old days, which before you jump in is purely subjective I know. I’m one of those who from a  very early age who had never left a game early- I just tell family and friends where I am going to be and make arrangements around it. If I have a work commitment which would make it close for me to get to work in time, I’d miss a game. 

I’m just bringing the banter back home to those of you on here who shouted down the minority posters on this subject on here 6 weeks or so ago. It’s a forum you know. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1