Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue ROI

Leicester 2-1 Burnley Post Match thread

2 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Annoys me too, especially as I know supporters who don’t go away any more because they can no longer stand all game, supporters who have watched us in 3 fa cup finals, travelled the length of the country when not everyone had cars and public transport was the only option, football specials. I can remember my dad telling me that him and my mum travelled to one game in a car they could only get up to 40mph in. 

These are fans that stood on terraces before segragation came in, travelled year after year when an away win was a rarity, climbed walls to get in sold out matches, camped out over night for tickets to cup finals and generally did what they could to get there in much more difficult times. These supporters should be respected and not told that ‘I’ve paid for my ticket I’ll stand if I want to’ etc...

Now if someone rebuffed me with that,I would innocently make sure his scarf gets entang!ed in the clap-seat...

not violently,just innocent and quietly like..

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

Put it this way, personally I'd much rather be in with the 'lads' than sitting sitting down for 90 minutes not making a noise. However, you've paid for your ticket so people can behave how they want. 

No they cant..!! They still have to respect others space,and keep some decorum among the chaos...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The away support wasn't even that bad, we went a little bit quiet at times (probably due to nerves). people shouldn't get so worked up about that goal celebration video, the main thing is we got the 3 points with only 10 men. And as for Burnley's support, well...i though our home atmosphere was bad.......

Edited by H.a.r.r.y

22 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

People who didn't attend, criticising those that did. 

I'm confused. 

I'm confused too, what has attending got to do with contributing to a thread ?It is obvious that people of a certain generation are being criticised for not standing, leaping about and flying about over seats etc. These fans have likely followed our club for 30, 40,50 years home and away etc. So are you agreeing that they are not welcome and are an embarrassment because they are of a certain age and are not raucous?

34 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

I'm confused too, what has attending got to do with contributing to a thread ?It is obvious that people of a certain generation are being criticised for not standing, leaping about and flying about over seats etc. These fans have likely followed our club for 30, 40,50 years home and away etc. So are you agreeing that they are not welcome and are an embarrassment because they are of a certain age and are not raucous?

No, I'm finding it ironic that armchair dwellers are finding fault with people who actually went to Burnley and supported the team. 

• Like 2