Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue ROI

Leicester 2-1 Burnley Post Match thread

13 hours ago, Col city fan said:

This is what we’ve been missing. Great to see

He seems to have an energy about him; which i think will fit in with our squad. We need a vibrant coach who has the energy and enthusiasm to match that of the team. I think we may have found a brilliant match for us.

• Like 2

On 16/03/2019 at 19:35, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Mods? Ive been suspended for less retarded stuff than this (note i said less, conceding that ive made retarded posts)

If you’re gonna be a Mod grass it’s probably not the best language to use! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ealingfox said:

I've seen fan videos from our end after the winner and honestly I'm embarrassed. It's an absolute disgrace.

We need a proper think about what we're doing here.

Absolute madness that one towards the bottom of the stand. Most half-arsed celebration ever from our end.

It's Reading-like.

• Haha 2

On 16/03/2019 at 16:58, Bazly said:

Suspect centre back line of Schmichel, Evans, Maguire and Morgan needs a serious overhaul starting with a new keeper.

I accept nobody is exempt from constructive criticism.
But you do yourself no favours posting this moments after three of them just finished a defiant and determined display. Including a winning goal and win preserving save from two.

Credit when due and all that:dunno:

We would have capitulated under Puel in those circumstances and its already clear that the right decision was made in getting rid. The team just seem so much more motivated than they have done in a very long time.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Looking at their remaining fixtures they may well do.  That Cardiff game could do for them.

And given how good Cardiff were to us after the crash (and what they've been through since), i've developed a 'reet soft spot for them even with Warnock at the helm.

G'won the Bluebirds, send 'em down.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Dames said:

We would have capitulated under Puel in those circumstances and its already clear that the right decision was made in getting rid. The team just seem so much more motivated than they have done in a very long time.

As they do everytime we have a new manager. 

Lets hope it lasts this time. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Like we capitulated against Brighton after Maddison got sent off? We've got the second most points battling back from being behind in games as well. Whatever you think of Puel the players often put in a shift and would battle to get something from games.

Yes, I had this argument with my Dad yesterday. It did feel on Saturday that we were in with a good chance of winning the match, rather than just hanging in there for a point but the ironic thing is this season we have twice been against 10 men for large parts of matches at home and didn't win (West Ham and Southampton) and twice away from home we have played a large chunk of the match down to 10 men and not lost (Brighton and Burnley). I was mostly impressed with how willing we were to still press even when down to 10 men in that first half, we sensed we needed to stop Burnley from setting the tone for what would have been an onslaught for 86 mins and we committed men forward. Puel probably would have opted for the hit them on the counter where possible and sit deep, which we eventually had to do as the game wore on. Either way, this group of players won't give up very often.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

As they do everytime we have a new manager. 

Lets hope it lasts this time. 

A nucleus of this squad have proven that they aren't immune from losing confidence, belief and possibly motivation. The only way you get players to maintain all of this is by providing a good working environment and they will do it all themselves. The manager leads by example but he has to be an incredible communicator and man manager, sadly Puel was weak in that area and as much as the players suffered, the fans did even more. We didn't take to the man and he rightly or wrongly was always up against it. Rodgers one thing above all that he has is the ability to bull shit the players and fans if needs be to keep them singing from the same hymn sheet.

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
10 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Ngl I bloody hate it when this shit comes up.

So what if they're aren't going batshit for us scoring a winner? Just because we would be going crazy, doesn't mean every fan has to. They've paid their cash and travelled up to support their team. 

No need to be like "they're embarrassing", who are you to tell them how to celebrate.

Get a ****ing grip.

All part of the new form of football police that now tell us when to leave the ground,  when to sing ,when to stand up, now how to celebrate,  my advice to the football police do what you want to do and let people who have paid good money to watch the boys do what they want to do.

11 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Ngl I bloody hate it when this shit comes up.

So what if they're aren't going batshit for us scoring a winner? Just because we would be going crazy, doesn't mean every fan has to. They've paid their cash and travelled up to support their team. 

No need to be like "they're embarrassing", who are you to tell them how to celebrate.

Get a ****ing grip.

Exactly and it shows only a small part of Saturday's crowd too. They still look like they were enjoying themselves and had bothered to take a long trip and a horrible day to watch their team. My personal experience was completely different and it was one of the better celebrations I have seen in a while. Only things that makes fan bases look bad are abusive chants and confronting players on the pitch.

Edited by mancunianfox
  • Like 2

Really great performance considering we were playing with ten men for virtually the whole match. Maguire's red card was a bit harsh but Big Wes was superb when he came on and a fantastic goal by Maddison. it helped us going a goal up, if we had gone a goal behind and were chasing the game with ten men it would have been just about impossible so the goal for us helped immensely.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Like we capitulated against Brighton after Maddison got sent off? We've got the second most points battling back from being behind in games as well. Whatever you think of Puel the players often put in a shift and would battle to get something from games.

This was all before the horrible run of results from New Years day until he was sacked. If that form and mood had kept - we probably wouldn't have got a thing from this game.

3 hours ago, Markyblue said:

All part of the new form of football police that now tell us when to leave the ground,  when to sing ,when to stand up, now how to celebrate,  my advice to the football police do what you want to do and let people who have paid good money to watch the boys do what they want to do.

I tell you as a fully fledged member of the Football Police, the original crime is the recording of the moment alone. And not even particularly well. Anyone over 16 caught taking coverage of your team's game should be banned. I hope no-one missed the goal as this fella was wielding his smartphone around. 

Guest Markyblue
11 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I tell you as a fully fledged member of the Football Police, the original crime is the recording of the moment alone. And not even particularly well. Anyone over 16 caught taking coverage of your team's game should be banned. I hope no-one missed the goal as this fella was wielding his smartphone around. 

I missed that of the list but given time plenty more can be added. 

21 hours ago, ealingfox said:

I've seen fan videos from our end after the winner and honestly I'm embarrassed. It's an absolute disgrace.

We need a proper think about what we're doing here.

What’s the issue(s)? We do a few old codgers and I’m heading that way myself. I gave it the full banana but am possibly not as Spritely as I was.

Edited by Crazy Kop Corner