Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue ROI

Leicester 2-1 Burnley Post Match thread

18 minutes ago, murphy said:

We have plenty of our own like conceding the first goal in 20 out of the first 27 games and I don't want to know how many we've conceded in the first ten minutes.

Don't doubt that we have a few poor stats, but conceding 60 odd goals is ridiculous

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

There’s been an awful lot of childish criticism of our best players this season. Ndidi being one of them. Some of us have been trying to tell the numpties that it’s probably been down mainly to Puel and his tactics, that our better players have under-performed. 

It’s looking likely this is the case. But some people just won’t listen or just don’t get it.

I don't even necessarily think it was the tactics of the squad, but Ndidi's role. He's so much better playing in a purely defensive role. Possibly the best in the league .at solely the defensive side of things in the midfield (considering Kante's height is a big disadvantage for him). But even if he was second to Kante, not something I'd be disappointed by.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, M0901 said:

It's fantastic as well that our written off captain grabs the winner. 

You'd think this clubs greatest ever captain would be treated with more respect. 

Anyway, up the lads. Break that bank and get Tielemans in, what a star! 

Well said

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone would think it was Burnley who had 10 men 

Burnley boss Sean Dyche believes his side's failure to adapt to Harry Maguire's early sending off was pivotal to their last-gasp Premier League defeat to Leicester City.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11708/11667929/harry-maguire-red-card-shocked-burnley-says-sean-dyche

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Lesterlad said:

No it wasn’t. It was 100% sending off 

7 hours ago, Poznan34 said:

Via Whoscored: Full season pass accuracy:

KS - 63%

TH - 47%

(Not that its a very useful stat, just shows that Heaton plays more long hoofs, KS does more short passing)

Shit distribution but a couple of vital saves which get forgotten. Plus the wind was off the scale. Plus he is a loyal true professional, gives his all, and will be the first to admit when things are not good enough. Guilty of poppadom wrists with his punching occasionally though would be a critique ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Feels quite novel going into an International break on the back of a win.

I'll probably be proved totally wrong but when was the last time we did and how often has it happen in recent times?

Doesn't seem to happen too often in recent times.

We've entered the last 4 March international breaks on the back of 4 league wins now.

A smash and grab win at Turfmoor. Something that could be said for 3 of the last 4 meetings between the sides..

We were under the cosh big time in the last 15 minutes but that was a sweet one to win esppecially Wes propping up with the winner. I reckon it's right that he doesn't start but fair dues he had a very solid game when he came on. Made up for the earlier red cards he picked up this season.

Our first half display was commendable given the awful start (Red for me - Kompany should have got one against Vardy last season). Maddison looked superb and N'Didi was magnificent once again. Shout out too to Ricardo who defended very well and also to Evans bar the slip for the goal.

Burnley can point to the penalty all they like but they had an extra man for 85-90 minutes and their route one tactics were terrible given how they needed a result badly.

I'm not sure I can buy into the whole 'Rogers is a genius' just yet. These results are almost identical to those under the last new managers, like Claudio, Shakey and Claude. The only difference is Brendan lost his first game. Too early to make judgements for now.

Got to 40+ points yet again. 6th successive season in the Premier League awaits. Well done lads.

Edited by Blue ROI
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Durnerz said:

Delighted we won but just lost a treble in the worst way possible. West Ham came back from 3-1 down to win 4-3, we manage to win 2-1 away with 10 men, only need Bournemouth to hang on in stoppage time against Newcastle and they go and let one in - fuming! 

:revenge:

Big revenge I want to kill him.... Nah itsa fotbal.

• Haha 1