Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue ROI

Leicester 2-1 Burnley Post Match thread

Guest seanfox778
4 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

Anyone would think it was Burnley who had 10 men 

Burnley boss Sean Dyche believes his side's failure to adapt to Harry Maguire's early sending off was pivotal to their last-gasp Premier League defeat to Leicester City.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11708/11667929/harry-maguire-red-card-shocked-burnley-says-sean-dyche

The man is a joke. He's actually using our red card as an excuse for them losing. Just admit your team are sh*t, mate. 

Great win, rode our luck at times and the should have had a pen for the trip by Ndidi but none of the handball shouts were pens. 

Evans phenomenal, Burnley played right into Morgan’s hands with their directness, Maddison was better all round and everyone put in a huge shift. 

Pissing Sean Dyche off is great. 

15 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Great result

Well battled 

Lots of Positives 

But

can we give Ward a chance

Kasper doesn't save much, has shit distribution and could do with seeing his competition start

KS Passing Accuracy 

Heaton

Statistics = above.

Facts = Kasper let in 1 goal. Heaton let in 2 goals. Kasper - one tip over from a free kick. Heaton - one tip and into the net from a free kick.

Statistics = Burnley outplayed us with 62% possession, had 4 more shots, and 6 more corners.

Facts = Burnley 1 Leicester City 2.

Yet again, it shows statistics mean very little and you can make them read exactly what you want them too.

Edited by ThaiFox

15 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

A great battling performance from the team. The effort deserved the result.

MEdici and even superb not to mention Ricardo.

they tried to rough him up but he used his superior skill to our smart them.

Tilemans with a peach of a cross for Morgan.

we can push on for 7th now.

Wasn’t that peach a massive deflection?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

With my analytical head on which goes out of the window during and just after the match which is why I'm posting now:

The sending off was unfortunate but it's another relatively unforced error of the type that has plagued us this season.  Just cutting them out will improve our results and give us a league standing closer to the ability of the squad.

Restricting any side to two shots on target whilst only fielding ten men is a magnificent effort.  Regardless of the result that would be admirable.

So pleased to see Madison's great free kick.  So annoyed to see him booked for what was a heartfelt tribute message.  Surely there is room for that in our game, hope this gets looked at by those in high places.

The substitutions worked as well as can have been expected.  Morgan is past his prime and may be exposed against faster and more mobile strikers but there are teams like Burnley where they have a slower and stronger front line and Wes can still do a job against them.

Despite our efforts we still had good fortune with the Ndidi potential penalty incident and Wood's failure to convert from close range.  On another day we'd have drawn or lost that match and there would be frustration all over FT, but the performance of the team would still have been the same.

41 points feels so good.  Now we can look forward instead of occasionally glancing over our shoulder.  Planning for next season's campaign starts now.

• Like 2

Resolute all round performance from the lads today, Ricardo, Tielemans & Ndidi we’re outstanding for young lads today as were Evans & Morgan for old lads, only down side imho was Chilwells lack of defensive awareness, for both the red card (unfortunate clumsy heel tap) and Burnley’s goal he was just ambling back, I think he’s a great talent but he just needs to be switched on for the whole 90 minutes.

Most Refs would have given Burnley a penalty for the Ndidi challenge but we got a bit of luck, think the Ref was fed up of the Burnley players screaming for handballs all through the game...

:scarf:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

Resolute all round performance from the lads today, Ricardo, Tielemans & Ndidi we’re outstanding for young lads today as were Evans & Morgan for old lads, only down side imho was Chilwells lack of defensive awareness, for both the red card (unfortunate clumsy heel tap) and Burnley’s goal he was just ambling back, I think he’s a great talent but he just needs to be switched on for the whole 90 minutes.

Most Refs would have given Burnley a penalty for the Ndidi challenge but we got a bit of luck, think the Ref was fed up of the Burnley players screaming for handballs all through the game...

:scarf:

Was a definite penalty, you only needed to look at Ndidis reaction to see that, can't really understand how the ref didn't give it. On a separate note I've just watched the match again and I'm baffled as to how Tarkowski is in the England squad, he's garbage. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Although the sending off was justified I thought Harry was unlucky in the sense that it didn’t look like a deliberate, professional foul. He accidentally clipped Gudmundson’s ankle as he ran across him.

Ndidi’s looked like a pen to me.

Harry should have stepped out ....was an easy offside call.  I think the defence were thinking that wood and Barnes couldn’t outrun them and were happy to  play high 

1 hour ago, ThaiFox said:

Statistics = above.

Facts = Kasper let in 1 goal. Heaton let in 2 goals. Kasper - one tip over from a free kick. Heaton - one tip and into the net from a free kick.

Statistics = Burnley outplayed us with 62% possession, had 4 more shots, and 6 more corners.

Yet again, it shows statistics mean very little and you can make them read exactly what you want them too.

Statistics like these only show the general way the game played out. It doesn't really display the quality of player on the pitch, nor tactics employed. You need a deeper mathematical statistical analysis to show anything more meaningful. xG wise, teams were basically identical, neither had clear cut chances, but Leicester had the quality of Maddison and the buccaneering flamboyance of a Wes Morgan 90' winner (aside from that, Vardy should have probably buried his chance). Sean Dyche really is a Pound shop Tony Pulis.

Edited by Beechey

43 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

With my analytical head on which goes out of the window during and just after the match which is why I'm posting now:

The sending off was unfortunate but it's another relatively unforced error of the type that has plagued us this season.  Just cutting them out will improve our results and give us a league standing closer to the ability of the squad.

Restricting any side to two shots on target whilst only fielding ten men is a magnificent effort.  Regardless of the result that would be admirable.

So pleased to see Madison's great free kick.  So annoyed to see him booked for what was a heartfelt tribute message.  Surely there is room for that in our game, hope this gets looked at by those in high places.

The substitutions worked as well as can have been expected.  Morgan is past his prime and may be exposed against faster and more mobile strikers but there are teams like Burnley where they have a slower and stronger front line and Wes can still do a job against them.

Despite our efforts we still had good fortune with the Ndidi potential penalty incident and Wood's failure to convert from close range.  On another day we'd have drawn or lost that match and there would be frustration all over FT, but the performance of the team would still have been the same.

41 points feels so good.  Now we can look forward instead of occasionally glancing over our shoulder.  Planning for next season's campaign starts now.

According to Maddison's twitter,  Oliver actually expressed remorse for giving him a yellow card and gave his condolences as well.   Fair play to Maddison for sticking up for the referee and to Oliver for trying to handle the situation sensitively much as he can.   

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Are you lot joking when you say it's not a penalty? He's clearly tripped him. I'd be absolutely disgusted if we didn't get that to be honest.

They can **** off with the handball shout though.

Did Wilf trip him? I’m not so sure; this game has turned into ballet in the penalty box where defenders can’t touch a player in case of minimal contact. A missed timed tackle or a full-on barge, blatant handball it’s a penalty. Anything else then no. The Game has gone soft and stupid.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ThaiFox said:

Statistics = above.

Some of your facts are definitely statistics! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nwl fox said:

Was a definite penalty, you only needed to look at Ndidis reaction to see that, can't really understand how the ref didn't give it. On a separate note I've just watched the match again and I'm baffled as to how Tarkowski is in the England squad, he's garbage. 

this will become the new issue next season with var. players will cut across defenders, knowing that there wil be contact and that VAR will show it with a penalty ensuing after review. not sure how you work out what’s the defenders fault and what’s bought by the attacker. defenders will have to just stop if they think they could be cut across ..... unstisfactory and perhaps an area where the instinct of the referee is better than the video evidence ......

The difference in the whole team is obvious to see. The difference in Maddison is amazing, he looks confident again, he looks like he’s playing for a manager who believes in him, he was sensational yesterday, as the whole squad was.... He and Tielemans are starting to forge a real partnership and understanding. 

• Like 1

There looks to be a completely different attitude in the team with Brendan at the helm.The old 'Foxes never quit' seems to be back, and the players look happy, and like mates again. I think Tielmans looks like he's loving it and will be ours next season.He looks really happy and seems to have gelled with the boys...especially Vardy. Such a great performance of old yesterday. I'm buzzing for next season, as i think Brendan will be able to attract some quality players, and will realise what personalities are needed.Watching him yesterday after the game smiling and hugging the players was great, and you could see the players have a huge weight off of their shoulders COYF!!

• Like 3