Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue ROI

Leicester 2-1 Burnley Post Match thread

2 hours ago, oadby.fox said:

Seriously though, how different is the mentality within the team now? We struggled to beat teams playing with 10 under Puel at home and now we are getting hard-fought away wins with 10 ourselves!

You can see it - they were locked in today and Rogers made all the right calls. I'm getting the impression that Rogers has a feel for the psychological part of managing a club that Puel just didn't have in him. The players seem to respond to him - new manager bump aside.  I'm really excited for the where this club all of a sudden seems to be heading. Rogers in!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I dont mean to say that the manager has made no difference. Its too early to tell anything about Rodgers (if i was to be critical you could say when he tried a new formation it bombed)

The signs of improved play came with Tielemans

Today is no different really to how our season has gone. Giving a goal (red card in this case) away early on with a silly mistake.

We played well today and Rodgers handled it very well and got the subs spot on

But it could have gone another way. Ndidi very lucky not to give away a pen

As you say maybe Rodgers has made a big difference tactically, i'm not sure there is massive evidence for that. I dont see enough to say "wow, Puel really was shit, Rodgers has come in and got us ticking", just doesnt look like it to me, but each his own

Again, the players have been at fault for many results this season and i dont know why i need to go back and acknowledge anything else about that

We were down to 10 in 5 minutes. We were lucky not to concede a pen (definite contact from Ndidi). Things went our way today, but it could easily have been the sort of result Puel got hammered for. Its not often Madderz bangs in such a wonderful free kick or we get a lucky deflection on a cross that Wes can get on the end of

I dont want to be taking away from the performance which was good in many ways. And im supportive of Rodgers

Im.not seeing this "see, Puel was shit after all" though. We needed Tielemans and if we had him in August i really think the season might have gone a lot differently for us and Puel

Sorry if you dont like that opinion

Claude isn't going to shag you mate

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

All the people criticising Ndidi earlier in the season need to get in the bin. Guy has been an absolute machine with Tielemans next to him

Tbf they were criticising for his ball playing ability; he's always been a monster when allowed to tackle. Shows what happens when you play to the strengths of your team.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Koke said:

Never change Sean, my love.

To be fair to him he was quite complementary about us and didn't blame the defeat on this decision in his interview on BBC website.

Great result and makes a change to get a last minute winner. Feels good with the international break to come and 41 points on the board.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

I was very much a Puel in man, but it's becoming so clear that the club made the right call. 

I couldn't ever see us winning that under him. Everything feels different under Rodgers.

Morgan is an absolute hunk. 

Christian Fuchs has still got it too, and is worth keeping hold of for another season if he's happy to play backup.

I get the sense that where Puel had his own system and wanted to mold the team to play it, Rogers - at least to start -  has looked at the roster and is trying to figure out how best to play to the strengths of the talent he has on hand.  Specifically I'm thinking of pulling Fuchs out of mothballs today, Shinji last week (he's been in the 18 every match so far under Rogers) and the ongoing effort to get Vardy more touches. And of course Wes who he's talked about bringing back next season. Rather than push these guys aside he's gotten them back into the mix.  

• Like 2

One of best performances I've seen for a long time.

I made a point to really clap the players off today, more than I have for a long long time. Everyone on of them put a good shift in. Wasn't all perfect but to win the game like that after all the effort was terrific. At times if anything it was like Burnley had ten men. Second half we tailed off and had to defend but took one chance when it came our way. 

Good changes from Rodgers too in Chilwell left mid in front of Fuchs. 

Thoroughly enjoyed the game, just need to stop getting so many red card's in a season 

Ndidi class today, and Morgan another stand out. Perfect squad player and deserves another year 

That was wonderful! Hard to watch second half, but we defended manfully and didn’t give them much of a sniff. One real chance all second half and we took it. Too far away to see if they should have had a penalty, but watching Dyche losing it was entertaining! Nice to be on the right side of a late winner, not had that since Southampton in August from memory. Props to Kasper for his save at the end, even if the kicking was out of tune (again). Great win, great mentality, and dried out on the bus home!!!

No point in trying to over analyse this match. Showed a lot of fight to play so long with ten men but the weather made it impossible to have a real quality game, it was horrendous. Today was gutsy and determined and all ten players gave it there all which is as much as you can ask. Winning goal meant a lot to the players because they had all worked so hard.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TeaMen Tom said:

I get the sense that where Puel had his own system and wanted to mold the team to play it, Rogers - at least to start -  has looked at the roster and is trying to figure out how best to play to the strengths of the talent he has on hand. 

I was thinking exactly the same thing. It'll be interesting to see how Rodgers continues but I do hope that whatever he does that he has the players onboard.

Maybe (part of) Puel's problem was that he couldn't communicate his vision well enough and the players couldn't buy into something they couldn't see. 

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Both of these are bloody disgraceful stats for a prem team

We have plenty of our own like conceding the first goal in 20 out of the first 27 games and I don't want to know how many we've conceded in the first ten minutes.