Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fazzyfox

On Loan XI

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

forgot all about him to be fair would have wanted him signed up for us now if we didn't 5 already plus the young lads coming through

I couldn’t believe we didn’t go in for him that next summer. Instead we spent 5 mill on Matt Mills, disastrous business 

Just now, Lambert09 said:

I couldn’t believe we didn’t go in for him that next summer. Instead we spent 5 mill on Matt Mills, disastrous business 

at the time Mills was seen as the better player to be fair, obviously hindsight showed that up

3 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Muzzy doesn't count as he signed permanently afterwards

Sorry…. Hadn’t followed the full terms and conditions before posting…:dunno:

I’m off to start a new thread

on loan Xl inclining those who signed permanently !

Ps…. You can’t include Tielemans as he signed permanently afterwards too according to mystic Meg

Edited by Wolfox

Fulop

Dragovic -- Vitor -- Davies -- Naughton

Cleverley -- Tielemans -- Davies -- Smith

Yakubu -- Bent

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fazzyfox said:

in the 92/94 season (when we beat Derby in play offs) Paul Kerr scored a vital goal in a 1-0 win at Portsmouth, worthy of a pint in the fazzyfox pint allocation system any day.

Pint allocation system lol Love that.

I remember Stuart Taylor being really good for us for a short spell, though I may be wrong.

I am definitely part of the 'thinking Ryan Smith was a gem' club after his performance v Sheff Utd. I also thought Mark Yeates was good after scoring quite early on with us. We had some dreadful players on loan at that time, and even signed some (Shaun Newton). What a dreadful time that was.

I remember being gutted when Mark Davies left us - a million miles ahead of Cleverley at the time.

Andy Welsh is one of my favourite forgotten players of ours. I have a vague recollection of being the slowest winger I've ever seen.  

Edited by David Guiza
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Pint allocation system lol Love that.

It started when Blackpool did us a favour against a rival as we got a play off place when we beat Forest, I promised a pint each for their back four and since then about 40 to Schmeichel, hope he never holds me to it!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 49er said:

Harry Worley - now playing for Salford City

His name just reminds me of that Sheffield United game. Fvck me, that season just topped off an awful period for the club.

4 hours ago, fazzyfox said:

in the 92/94 season (when we beat Derby in play offs) Paul Kerr scored a vital goal in a 1-0 win at Portsmouth, worthy of a pint in the fazzyfox pint allocation system any day.

And a pen away to Sunderland. He did very well in that short spell at the end of 93/94

• Like 1

3 hours ago, David Guiza said:

Andy Welsh is one of my favourite forgotten players of ours. I have a vague recollection of being the slowest winger I've ever seen.  

He was terrible yet we signed him on loan on two separate occasions.

My main memory is him running the full length of the pitch to get in one on one with the opposition keeper before blazing it high and wide.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pds said:

He was terrible yet we signed him on loan on two separate occasions.

My main memory is him running the full length of the pitch to get in one on one with the opposition keeper before blazing it high and wide.

We really were terrible - and yet that side stayed up. 

Nigel Worthington has to be one of our more forgettable managers too, I think of Frank Burrows before him.