Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

1 hour ago, walkerleeds said:

Pakistan are my absolute favourite team to watch. 

On course for a hammering. Drag themselves back into it. Make a very respectable start to the chase. Probably go on to lose by 100 runs now. What a team.

Nearly! They had a bit of a wobble but definitely right back in it thanks to Hassan's hitting. Sarfaraz needs to stay in I think if they have a chance of winning. 

So near yet so far.but their last 5 batsman,showing the same discipline like against England..would of closed this game out...If Pakistan hadn't lost their top opener so cheaply,they would of walked it ..

Pakistan have showed the English bowlers the way to hound the aussi-batsman..

But Australi do have bowlers,that keep coming at you...Well played both teams!!

37 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Gut instinct thought Pakistan would do it. Think that could be their chance of qualifying done and dusted (until they beat us on Sunday to put them right back in contention lol). 

What's the weather forecasted for Sunday in Manchester? Assuming it's a good pitch, India should bat and get a decent score on the board. I feel a rampant Pakistani attack bowling second could cause problems. 

3 minutes ago, Chiltern Fox said:

What's the weather forecasted for Sunday in Manchester? Assuming it's a good pitch, India should bat and get a decent score on the board. I feel a rampant Pakistani attack bowling second could cause problems. 

Cloud and rain throughout the day :(.

Yeah think I'd prefer to bat first. These days I've got a lot of trust in our bowling attack to defend most scores. 

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Cloud and rain throughout the day :(.

Yeah think I'd prefer to bat first. These days I've got a lot of trust in our bowling attack to defend most scores. 

Aye bud agree. To cover all bases I would drop a spinner (yadav) and get shami in. Also look at swapping kedar for jadeja. 

4 minutes ago, Chiltern Fox said:

Aye bud agree. To cover all bases I would drop a spinner (yadav) and get shami in. Also look at swapping kedar for jadeja. 

Jadeja would be perfect for that game. I think I'd keep same squad as vs Aus. Bumrah, Kumar and Pandya (despite the latter getting smacked around a bit) is a decent enough pace attack. Chahal and Yadav do the business with spin quite well.

Can't see our match with NZ going ahead tomorrow. Looks like rain will wipe it out again for 3rd time this week!

Big game against the Windies tomorrow!!  Can England exert their power and show the world why they are and should stay NO1.....

Will be interesting to see if England Pace men ,will let it go...instead of playing too many silly slow balls!! & Actually Compete against the W.Indies raw quick Bowlers.

Can our openness hold their end up,and

Score dynamic and strong runs..or

Are we again a promise to deceive side!!

3 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Big game against the Windies tomorrow!!  Can England exert their power and show the world why they are and should stay NO1.....

Will be interesting to see if England Pace men ,will let it go...instead of playing too many silly slow balls!! & Actually Compete against the W.Indies raw quick Bowlers.

Can our openness hold their end up,and

Score dynamic and strong runs..or

Are we again a promise to deceive side!!

playing Friday mate ;)

9 hours ago, StanSP said:

playing Friday mate ;)

Yup got my days mixed up...

Lying up in hospital..so lost the day-routines..my bad!!

But it doesn't change the the theory or thoughts..:)

Edited by fuchsntf

17 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Yup got my days mixed up...

Lying up in hospital..so lost the day-routines..my bad!!

But it doesn't change the the theory or thoughts..:)

True! With no rain it should be a good game. Archer to be man of the match?! 

Rained off game today would be a good result for us and the Aussies. Wanna see some cricket though so hope it clears up. Pissing down in Derby at the moment and looks even darker over that way.

Edited by Voll Blau

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Rained off game today would be a good result for us and the Aussises. Wanna see some cricket though so hope it clears up. Pissing down in Derby at the moment and looks even darker over that way.

Shame...even if it works out for us..!!

That the weather might settle 

Who the top 4 are...

No giant killers..no fair fight from top 6

To scrap for top 4..

It could also effect England!!!

Thinking about it, I reckon India and New Zealand may also secretly be pleased with a point from this too. Really this is all about getting into the final four and it being a lottery from there. League positions are pretty worthless I reckon.

40 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Thinking about it, I reckon India and New Zealand may also secretly be pleased with a point from this too. Really this is all about getting into the final four and it being a lottery from there. League positions are pretty worthless I reckon.

Would be good to get more games under our belt though. I know we started late bizarrely which meant we didn't play but rained off games for any team is rubbish. We've not lost but then again would be nice just to have points on the board and have best chance of getting top 4.