Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

6 minutes ago, Milky said:

What about all of the India supporters who are born and bred in England? They even support India against England. English when it suits of course. 

who cares?  Support whoever you want.

Edited by purpleronnie
  • Like 2

A lot of credit will go to Kohli and Pandya for steering the back end of the innings towards a high total but it's been anchored by Dhawan's superb ton. Without Dhawan and Sharma settling for the first 20+ overs, there's no way we'd get near 300. They provided the platform for Pandya & Kohli to bat much more freely.

My only worry being that Warner and Smith have the ability to bat just as well on a surface like this.

1 hour ago, Milky said:

What about all of the India supporters who are born and bred in England? They even support India against England. English when it suits of course. 

This needs a separate thread to discuss. Arguments both ways. Let's just praise the standard of cricket today.

Edited by Chiltern Fox

9 minutes ago, Chiltern Fox said:

This needs a separate thread to discuss. Arguments both ways. Let's just praise the standard of cricket today.

There's not really an argument at all tbh. People can support whoever they want. 

4 minutes ago, Chiltern Fox said:

Kumar sangakara has taken to commentary like a duck to water. He talks sense.

Lovely to listen to.

So much sense and it helps that he's recently stopped playing, too. As opposed to the elder commentators sometimes. 

Either way majority, if not all, commentators on Sky Cricket are really good to listen to.

• Like 2

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

How did that not dislodge the bails?

Happened a couple times this tournament and a few times in the IPL.

Crazy especially at the speed these balls come at. Then you have Archer's who's clips the bails and goes for 6 lol 

31 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Looks like they’ll be a lot of abandoned or reduced overs matches this upcoming week, could make things interesting.

Always gonna happen at some stage in an English summer but it's a shame it does happen. Kind of want it to be fair for everyone to have a chance at winning their individual games yet will only have to settle for a point (if abandoned).

• Like 1

I don't think Australia are in it any more...

1 minute ago, TK95 said:

Maxwell is key for them. Take his wicket and it's game over

Good timing!

The Smith wicket, for me, was more important. He was their mainstay and could have attacked once the target was clearer in sight. Maxwell would get you quick runs to help but would usually lose his wicket like he just did.

19 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

Little irrelevant things irritate me and for some reason it’s that geezer playing the cricket bat guitar.

Well played England btw

I was at Trent Bridge on Thursday (the Cotterall catch happened right in front of me and it looked fantastic :D ) but the one thing which was apparent was that the cricket bat guitarist thing became old and annoying after the first two musical interludes.  Get that right in the bin. 

Never in doubt :ph34r:

Good to see us pass one of our toughest tests we'll face in the competition - thought for a moment Australia would chase down the target but we got the Smith (and following 2-3 wickets) fairly quickly to kill them off. When Warner/Smith was in I was always a bit cautious. 

Strong showing and will be a tough game against NZ on Thurs. Lost to them in warm-ups.