Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

Just now, Nalis said:

So we've seen each team play twice, who do you reckon will be the top 4?

I reckon India 1st, England 2nd, Australia 3rd aaaaand West Indies to pip New Zealand into 4th.

Not sure on the order but England, India, Australia & West Indies as well.

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Build a fvck off roof/dome.

Are they any 'indoor' cricket grounds in the world?

Think they did trial playing a game between Australia and South Africa at an indoor venue (multi-use/rugby stadium I think it was) a few years ago. As said though, it'd be nigh on impossible to install such technology at most major cricket grounds.

Still frustrating though. I think most fans around the world would admit English conditions make for the best and most interesting cricket, but with that comes the chance of days like this. Really hope we don't end up with seven or eight fixtures being washouts, as that could completely ruin the tournament.

31 minutes ago, Chiltern Fox said:

I dont think so. Cricket grounds are bigger than conventional stadiums with roofs. Need a big mahoosive one for a cricket ground. 

Yeah guessed its not feasible given the size of a cricket ground but thought there might be some solution 

My next batshit idea is getting thousands of drones to hold one big clear cover about 100ft above the pitch...

7 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Yeah guessed its not feasible given the size of a cricket ground but thought there might be some solution 

My next batshit idea is getting thousands of drones to hold one big clear cover about 100ft above the pitch...

I think purpleronnie has it sussed!

56 minutes ago, Nalis said:

48 minutes ago, Chiltern Fox said:

I think purpleronnie has it sussed!

Just don't play any games where the stadium is near an airport :whistle:

Another game washed out today as expected but tomorrow in Taunton looks rain-free but a lot of cloud. Hopefully get some play between Australia and Pakistan. 

Probably won't be any play on Thursday though :(

1 hour ago, David Guiza said:

Are these cancelled games likely to affect any particular team, given that you only pick up a point a piece? I imagine the Windies will be a little peeved to have not beaten SA for example, could prove pivotal when it comes to the top 4?

Bangladesh would have beaten Sri Lanka today.

Sri Lanka have now had 2 games washed out which is unfortuante for them.

• Like 1

Guest MattP

Terrible that the weather has turned to shit - going to ruin it for a couple of teams.

We've had lovely summers as well recently. 

Just now, Chiltern Fox said:

Why couldn't reserve days be used in the WC?

Too many fixtures to fit in, I guess, so less space for it.

Which begs the question if the format needs to be changed. Instead of everyone playing each other, perhaps go to a group format (2 groups of 5), play each other once in your group then top 2 in each group go through to a semi-final/finals. 

Or if they really want to keep this format, have more than 1 game on 1 day more often, which can then lead to gaps in the schedule to save for reserve days.

18 hours ago, Chiltern Fox said:

Why couldn't reserve days be used in the WC?

Because teams are playing at staggered times. England's matches so far have been well spaced out but others are playing every three days in some cases.

To be honest, I don't think reserve days would help this week with the forecast.