Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

5 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Fielding has cost us today.

I don't think it was the fielding.. yes it was very avg...

But when asked,our bowling unit IMO was poor. I expected more from our pace bowlers..but there was no pace to be seen...in fact it was laughable...

We batted for 334. We had 2 one hundreds.But today our openers were out to real soft deliveries...

Their bowlers ,bowled to a plan...I have never seen Morgan get his bowlers,bowling to a any plan.

So much hype over our attack....snowflakes comes to mind!!!

Then batting discipline from the other top 5,went missing!!!

I said that I worry about our bowling attack and agree with fuchsntf if you haven't got the greatest bowling line-up there has to be a plan, but we really seem to just bowl and hope for the best, luckily we have a great batting line-up but you can't always rely on that.

45 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Can't keep having to chase big scores. Bit of complacency in the field. Not the end of the world though, this format means teams will be beating each other. 

I'm surprised you chose to field first.

The usual plan of batting first and building a huge score has worked well in recent times. Think it would have been good enough today too. Especially when you see how well Pakistan batted.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

I'm surprised you chose to field first.

The usual plan of batting first and building a huge score has worked well in recent times. Think it would have been good enough today too. Especially when you see how well Pakistan batted.

Batting second is what we've done for a while, and don't tend to go away from that if we win the toss. Little bit of arrogance in there as well I think, doesn't matter what you get because we'll get more sort of attitude. Well today we didn't. 

44 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Jasprit Bumrah really is a sensational bowler.

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

Really generated some good bounce and really good variation

One of those players where you're glad they're in your team lol

Like Anderson for England or McGrath/Lee for Aus, Walsh/Ambrose all those years ago for West Indies. 

At least South African have shown some determination to use all their overs. No point idea how the pitch is but SA will have to hope they can bounce/seam India out early or they will cruise. India will be tough to beat, games will be like home games even when they play England and they have a good side in all aspects of game. Only hope is you can get them on swinging pitch but that is unlikely.

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Anyone see De Kock's catch to get Kohli out. Wow. 

What a leap. 

Great grab. Best from a wicketkeeper so far at the World Cup.

Hopefully South Africa get these two out sharpish so i've got a good game to go home to.

32 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Hopefully South Africa get these two out sharpish so i've got a good game to go home to.

Bangladesh vs New Zealand :ph34r:

4 hours ago, AKCJ said:

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Bangladesh vs New Zealand :ph34r:

Hope you watched mate!

NZ pretty much had it in the bag but they're slipping now. 27 from 39 needed but only 3 wickets remaining...