Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark 'expert' Lawrenson

Bartosz Kapustka, does he have a future here?

I bring this up every time but he was doing great in Poland, no idea why we never let him have another season there on loan. He was pretty good at the euros for his age. 

Probs not going to get in the team now though, but would be cool if he did.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Nah we ruined him Babs. He was the Polish Messi before he came here but by spending all that money on him we put too much pressure on him to not be shit which is what turned him shit. 

We signed him relatively cheap hoping he would develop into polish messi but forgot our coaching system isnt good at developing players.

4 hours ago, lgfualol said:

I bring this up every time but he was doing great in Poland, no idea why we never let him have another season there on loan. He was pretty good at the euros for his age. 

Probs not going to get in the team now though, but would be cool if he did.

Made absolute sense and something every top club does with very young talent. Unfortunately our transfer policy and general organisation became a farce after the title win. 

9 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Nah we ruined him Babs. He was the Polish Messi before he came here but by spending all that money on him we put too much pressure on him to not be shit which is what turned him shit. 

all that money?

thought we paid 5m for him maybe 7m max

I don’t quite understand this one.ive seen him play a few times over in Poland and the lad clearly has talent.who ever scouted him at the time obviously saw something in him to warrant the purchase. I just can’t get my head round why he’s been left,and pushed from pillow to post.it may turn out like a kramaric situation again if he’s moved on again.only time will tell I guess.

From what i've seen this season: lacks drive and leadership, not able to maintain his best form for long. And that's not even taking into account that his best form is hardly earthshattering to begin with. There was about a month that we thought that he'd come good for us. In November i think, he had a few games where he almost matched the level of the player he was brought in to replace. But in December, that was over.

I agree, he should go back to poland, to a team close to home, hoping to salvage his carreer. I think it's possible you'll see him in a EL match in 3 years time, playing for a top 5 Polish team or something. But he has quite some steps to take first. Needs to get his mojo back. But regardless, i very much doubt he'll ever be PL material.

Although our sister club, playing in the second tier of Belgian football can't be doing his career any favours given he's an international.

If he still has a future, I'd like to see him loaned out at a good Championship or a newly promoted Premier League club.

That's the only real way we'll see if he's cut out for this division.

He failed here, He failed in Germany, He failed in the Belgian second division. He's older than half of our prem starters. He's finished here.

As regards to us ruining him. I can't agree. He had great talent but was mentally weak - I remember that article about religion that he put out a couple of years ago. The guy has a problem and sadly you need both physical and mental solidity to play top level football.

Sell if we can, though I'm guessing from the fact we couldn't even get a better loan than Leuven we'll just have to let him go.

I hope he goes back to his family and plays in the Polish leagues and re-finds himself and his mental health.