Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark 'expert' Lawrenson

Bartosz Kapustka, does he have a future here?

Just reading the Diabate topic and I thought of Kapustka, came here as a bright, young promising international and his career has stalled completely, farmed out on loan, does anybody think he has a future with us? Personally I don’t, not with Barnes, Albrighton and Gray at the club, shame as it was an exciting signing at the time.

Shame about the lad, really.

From Polish international to Belgium second-tier obscurity, now out for months.

Wish him a speedy recovery. Doubtful to ever make it back to LCFC as a first-team regular, will either be sold or loaned out at the first occasion, I'd go with the latter.

The type of injury in particular is a toughie, wonder how he recovers from that. He needs patience and willpower to come back to the same level.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Nah we ruined him Babs. He was the Polish Messi before he came here but by spending all that money on him we put too much pressure on him to not be shit which is what turned him shit. 

This makes no sense.

If he was as brilliant as you suggest, £7.5 million was a steal. Certainly not a figure to scare someone with any real ability.

• Like 1

What can you do with a player you spent nearly 8mil on ,is injured and made no impression in the Belgian 2nd division? He’s still young so would seem pointless letting him go on a free and no one is going to pay anything for him. Just hope he can regain fitness and maybe get a loan to somewhere like cov so he can sort his career out - sad times for the lad 

Just now, themightyfin said:

Highly doubt it when he had a CL that will keep him out for the rest of 2019. Who is going to take a chance on him  in the summer! 

Yeah, TBF I hadn't realised he was cropped.

Released in the summer. :ph34r:

24 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

This makes no sense.

If he was as brilliant as you suggest, £7.5 million was a steal. Certainly not a figure to scare someone with any real ability.

He'll correct me if I'm wrong, but I strongly suspect that @urban.spaceman was speaking sarcastically or taking the piss.... :D

Edited by Alf Bentley
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

He'll correct me if I'm wrong, but I strongly suspect that @urban.spaceman was speaking sarcastically or taking the piss.... :D

Hmmm. I did think he might be, but added to his original 'Unfortunately we ruined him.' comment it seemed a bit too laboured to work as satire. That plus it's not a comment made by anyone in the thread, or tbh one I remember anyone making about Kapustka. Although I can think of plenty who are quite capable of such guff.