Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 20

3 hours ago, Md9 said:

Just seen the Bruno Fernandez player of the month sbc won’t cost a lot but seems quite pointless when you can get him for free several times for playing 😂

He definitely deserves it, but thats terrible timing as far as FUT goes lol

Only started playing FUT in the past month or so, but it's been pretty addictive.

Did two Prime Icon packs. Got Ferdinand, which has turned out to be a pretty good defender (and fits into my Leicester/Prem team nicely), and the other was Gattuso, who was absolutely awful, and I traded him in the SBC to help get the 93 Wijnaldum.

Also, I'd always thought I was fairly good at FIFA. Turns out i'm absolutely awful lol Tried my first ever WL this week, and getting absolutely destroyed, even by worse teams. On 9 wins and 13 losses  :cry:

6 hours ago, Charl91 said:

Only started playing FUT in the past month or so, but it's been pretty addictive.

Did two Prime Icon packs. Got Ferdinand, which has turned out to be a pretty good defender (and fits into my Leicester/Prem team nicely), and the other was Gattuso, who was absolutely awful, and I traded him in the SBC to help get the 93 Wijnaldum.

Also, I'd always thought I was fairly good at FIFA. Turns out i'm absolutely awful lol Tried my first ever WL this week, and getting absolutely destroyed, even by worse teams. On 9 wins and 13 losses  :cry:

That’s not bad for a first time. Silver 1 (11-13 wins) and Gold 3 (14-16 wins) are the level that the majority of FIFA players aim for.

I find WL completely different to other modes of FIFA, it’s so competitive that you have to learn how to adapt your style to break down team’s that have their defence on drop back, but look to play on the counter, but then recognise when opponents have changed their play style in game (ie more attaching/more defensive) and respond accordingly.

Have a look on YouTube for some weekend league custom tactics, try some out and practice switching between them in game so you get used to using them in certain game scenarios. 

I have at least 3, one which is fits best with my normal play style, one that is more attacking if I go behind and I need to get a goal back and one if I’m ahead and want to see the game out and hang on for the win.

Having said all that I haven’t played weekend league since the team of the season so far promo, haven’t missed it at all. I didn’t find it fun in the slightest, takes over the weekend, far to stressful and bad gameplay didn’t help.

Sure I’ll play another WL over the summer though at some point. I love my team I’ve build from the summer heat promo and having a nagging urge to try it on WL, sure I’ll regret it after a few games though!

Good luck!

Edited by stu

7 hours ago, Charl91 said:

You’ve gotta accept mate that you’ll be on the end of some pastings but 9-13 means you’ve got a great chance of Silver 1 and maybe even Gold 3 if you get a bit of luck.

Reckon you’ve done pretty well for a first go.

1 hour ago, stu said:

That’s not bad for a first time. Silver 1 (11-13 wins) and Gold 3 (14-16 wins) are the level that the majority of FIFA players aim for.

I find WL completely different to other modes of FIFA, it’s so competitive that you have to learn how to adapt your style to break down team’s that have their defence on drop back, but look to play on the counter, but then recognise when opponents have changed their play style in game (ie more attaching/more defensive) and respond accordingly.

Have a look on YouTube for some weekend league custom tactics, try some out and practice switching between them in game so you get used to using them in certain game scenarios. 

I have at least 3, one which is fits best with my normal play style, one that is more attacking if I go behind and I need to get a goal back and one if I’m ahead and want to see the game out and hang on for the win.

Having said all that I haven’t played weekend league since the team of the season so far promo, haven’t missed it at all. I didn’t find it fun in the slightest, takes over the weekend, far to stressful and bad gameplay didn’t help.

Sure I’ll play another WL over the summer though at some point. I love my team I’ve build from the summer heat promo and having a nagging urge to try it on WL, sure I’ll regret it after a few games though!

Good luck!

Thanks for the tips! Will have a look for some custom tactics. I need to get better at playing on the counter, I think - I'm not bad at breaking teams down by playing a passing game, but I'm pretty useless with the ball out on the wing.

I think WL has been the first time FIFA has made me genuinely angry with the game (the amount of 90th minute goals I've conceded has been ridiculous) so I might not play too many more after all lol 

https://www.futbin.com/20/squad/17338016 - My Current Squad (Though my grealish is a LF so slightly better chem). Only two good options of the bench so far - 87 Trossard and 94 summer heat Ibrahimovic)

Edited by Charl91
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Charl91 said:

Thanks for the tips! Will have a look for some custom tactics. I need to get better at playing on the counter, I think - I'm not bad at breaking teams down by playing a passing game, but I'm pretty useless with the ball out on the wing.

I think WL has been the first time FIFA has made me genuinely angry with the game (the amount of 90th minute goals I've conceded has been ridiculous) so I might not play too many more after all lol 

https://www.futbin.com/20/squad/17338016 - My Current Squad (Though my grealish is a LF so slightly better chem). Only two good options of the bench so far - 87 Trossard and 94 summer heat Ibrahimovic)

You need to bin Maguire off mate, he’s just to slow at this stage of the game especially against all these 99 pace players, I’d recommend buying scream Otamendi or winter refresh Ake for around the same price, really nice team considering you’ve only been playing a month or so though my man 🙌🏻

1 hour ago, Charl91 said:

Nice team! You’ve done well to get the wins you have as no doubt you’ve come up against a lot more higher rated teams.

Don’t know if you are aware but you can change your formations and well as tactics in game, so if you want Grealish to play out wide you can by switching to a wide playing tactic, such as the 4-2-3-1 and rearrange your players without losing chemistry, by assigning that formation to one of your other tactics, i.e. defensive or attacking set up.

This is the YouTube guy whose formations and custom tactics I use, haven’t had to use anything else since. He explains the above better too, despite the monotone voice.

https://youtu.be/3ditqxXSeJc

Yeah, 90th min, 45 min and Kick Off goals are obvious ‘scripting’ issues within the game. People still claim that scripting doesn’t exist, but it happens too often for it not to exist.

Hope that helps :thumbup:

1 hour ago, dbtcity said:

You need to bin Maguire off mate, he’s just to slow at this stage of the game especially against all these 99 pace players, I’d recommend buying scream Otamendi or winter refresh Ake for around the same price, really nice team considering you’ve only been playing a month or so though my man 🙌🏻

Yeah I've been burned way too many times by Maguire being as slow as, well, real life Maguire, but sadly he's untradable :( I have my heart set on the 88 rated Soyuncu, but a lot of saving to do for it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stu said:

Nice team! You’ve done well to get the wins you have as no doubt you’ve come up against a lot more higher rated teams.

Don’t know if you are aware but you can change your formations and well as tactics in game, so if you want Grealish to play out wide you can by switching to a wide playing tactic, such as the 4-2-3-1 and rearrange your players without losing chemistry, by assigning that formation to one of your other tactics, i.e. defensive or attacking set up.

This is the YouTube guy whose formations and custom tactics I use, haven’t had to use anything else since. He explains the above better too, despite the monotone voice.

https://youtu.be/3ditqxXSeJc

Yeah, 90th min, 45 min and Kick Off goals are obvious ‘scripting’ issues within the game. People still claim that scripting doesn’t exist, but it happens too often for it not to exist.

Hope that helps :thumbup:

Interesting, didn't know that Chemistry worked liked that. I'll have to set that up, because I'm currently playing a 4-2-3-1, and I'd like my Grealish to play the left AM role without taking a chemistry hit.

On another note, my 9 - 13 has just become 14 - 13 :D Turns out all the terrible players play on a Sunday morning!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

Interesting, didn't know that Chemistry worked liked that. I'll have to set that up, because I'm currently playing a 4-2-3-1, and I'd like my Grealish to play the left AM role without taking a chemistry hit.

On another note, my 9 - 13 has just become 14 - 13 :D Turns out all the terrible players play on a Sunday morning!

Nice going mate. Hope you pull something decent from your rewards!

24 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

Yeah I've been burned way too many times by Maguire being as slow as, well, real life Maguire, but sadly he's untradable :( I have my heart set on the 88 rated Soyuncu, but a lot of saving to do for it!

Soyuncu is superb to be fair I just listed players around the price of Maguire incase he was tradeable lol