Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Best Vocalist

I'm reminded of the Architects. Quite possibly not your thing musically, Alf, but they lost their song writer (or at least one of their main ones) recently to cancer. The last album they released was the last he wrote, as he knew he was dying at 28. 

His brother's still in the band. 

It's an absolutely gutting record to listen to. Their live shows shortly after were emotional to say the least. 

On ‎19‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 15:24, Finnegan said:

I'm reminded of the Architects. Quite possibly not your thing musically, Alf, but they lost their song writer (or at least one of their main ones) recently to cancer. The last album they released was the last he wrote, as he knew he was dying at 28. 

His brother's still in the band. 

It's an absolutely gutting record to listen to. Their live shows shortly after were emotional to say the least. 

Just looked into that album, sounds a a tragic story, I can imagine it is a difficult listen.

In general I just can't get into any kind of "death metal" (I am aware I sound like an old man and also that there are many diffferet sub genres).  I just don't "get it" I think.  I am very open minded musically and listen to lots of different genres but I just don't see the appeal?  Not knocking it by the way.  X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Just looked into that album, sounds a a tragic story, I can imagine it is a difficult listen.

In general I just can't get into any kind of "death metal" (I am aware I sound like an old man and also that there are many diffferet sub genres).  I just don't "get it" I think.  I am very open minded musically and listen to lots of different genres but I just don't see the appeal?  Not knocking it by the way.  X

Of course, different strokes etc

• Like 1

Well it's called All Our Gods Have Abandoned Us, the first song is called Nihilist.

A song called Gone With The Wind goes:

"I'm always gone with the wind

Crawling in and out of my mind
God knows, I lost all my faith

A sickness with no remedy, except the ones inside of me
You ever wonder how deep you can sink into nothing at all?
Disintegrate
Annihilate me" 

So yeah you're in luck. 

• 1 year later...

Listened to Richard Ashcrost doing some acoustic Verve songs. Always knew he was a great singer but never realised just how good. Really underrated 

Also some of Paul Weller's slower songs show off his great voice 

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Just had a suggested video on YouTube and it was Bobby Hatfield performing a live version of Unchained Melody. Absolutely incredible how he could make it seem so effortless but make such beautiful sounds. Gotta be up there as one of the great vocalists

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 2

On 10/06/2019 at 21:59, Dr Marco said:

Male: Sam Cooke, Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Otis Redding, Freddie Mercury, John Lennon, Frank Sinatra, Frankie Valli, Carl Wilson, Joey Ramone

Female: Dusty Springfield, Aretha Franklin, Ronnie Spector, Janis Joplin, Etta James, Nina Simone, Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holliday

+ Joan Base ...