Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Wouldn't worry about it, it's not that big a deal, plenty of threads pop up on the main Leicester forum that could be combined with others

Here is the link for the thread for the future

Maybe he couldn't find that thread? Or didn't know it existed?

Could have been helpful and just linked him the relevant thread rather than being snarky about it.

David has a chip on his shoulder because he didn't like the Manchester United riots talk being in the main prem thread, so flounced off and created his own, giving it the "extremely funny" 🙄 name of Manure. And then that pointless thread got merged with the Prem thread, so now he thinks there's an inner circle of special FT posters like the Stonecutters in that Simpson episode who can do what they want whilst he's some oppressed minority who always gets his threads deleted lol

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Wouldn't worry about it, it's not that big a deal, plenty of threads pop up on the main Leicester forum that could be combined with others

Here is the link for the thread for the future

Maybe he couldn't find that thread? Or didn't know it existed?

Could have been helpful and just linked him the relevant thread rather than being snarky about it.

Maybe. The fact is there are threads and topics that intertwine but not all are pulled. As for snarky, I haven't heard that word for years, thanks.

20 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

David has a chip on his shoulder because he didn't like the Manchester United riots talk being in the main prem thread, so flounced off and created his own, giving it the "extremely funny" 🙄 name of Manure. And then that pointless thread got merged with the Prem thread, so now he thinks there's an inner circle of special FT posters like the Stonecutters in that Simpson episode who can do what they want whilst he's some oppressed minority who always gets his threads deleted lol

The fact in all of this is not the so-called "chip on my shoulder" but the fact the recent events at Old Trafford have usurped the 2020/21 thread. Why can't it have it's own thread under 'General Football' is mystifying but I will bow to the more knowledgeable and sniping Facecloth on this occasion.

3 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

The fact in all of this is not the so-called "chip on my shoulder" but the fact the recent events at Old Trafford have usurped the 2020/21 thread. Why can't it have it's own thread under 'General Football' is mystifying but I will bow to the more knowledgeable and sniping Facecloth on this occasion.

Bit of a diatribe, that...

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Well the Drinky thread has been merged with this one now, so there's proof you're not being singled out.

As for the OT talk being in the premier league thread. It was an event at a premier league game, that saw a premier league game called off and the talk continues to try and work out when this premier league game might go ahead. What else would you like to discuss in the premier league thread?

Thank for bowing to me as clearly I am more knowledgeable. I could have taken that as sarcasm, but it quite obviously true, so I'll assume you were being sincere :thumbup:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Well the Drinky thread has been merged with this one now, so there's proof you're not being singled out.

As for the OT talk being in the premier league thread. It was an event at a premier league game, that saw a premier league game called off and the talk continues to try and work out when this premier league game might go ahead. What else would you like to discuss in the premier league thread?

Thank for bowing to me as clearly I am more knowledgeable. I could have taken that as sarcasm, but it quite obviously true, so I'll assume you were being sincere :thumbup:

That's alright "mate". Now, please no more interruptions as I am listening to an exhilarating FA Trophy Final.

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

The amount of times I see that and "Spuds" on here now. I put it in the "things that I can't get my head around" thread.

There is still a poster on here who calls Chelsea "Chelski".

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

The amount of times I see that and "Spuds" on here now. I put it in the "things that I can't get my head around" thread.

Never heard of the 'Spuds', 'Chelski, 'Vanilla' or 'Manure', I am absolutely staggered. I'm sure they've been called worse.

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

As  a Fester fan I'm not that fussed over what people call other teams.

But apparently some are. You know, the ones without a sense of humour. I never realised these boards were for the serious and intellectual!!

4 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

But apparently some are. You know, the ones without a sense of humour. I never realised these boards were for the serious and intellectual!!

Well it's obvious who they mean and if it's part of a put down then fine, if they're trying to make a serious point I would argue it's likely to distract from what they're saying.But either way it's hardly a hanging crime.