Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

On 28/02/2021 at 17:11, Bamboo said:

If I said Moreno, Micheal Lamey and Franck Moussa, what would spring to mind? I remember Moussa scoring against Scunthorpe with Chris Powell being in temporary charge, think the other two might have been Paulo Sousa signings. Cracking fashion sense, almost wish he'd done okay here just to see what gear he'd wear each week. To be fair he's done alright for himself as a manager. What an odd time, seems like a lifetime ago. 

Good lord, how does someone like Sousa get the keys to a national team that doesn't share its playing surface with the local farmers? lol

What a mess his short tenure was. IIRC he only won two games? One in the league where King scored twice, and the other against the mighty Macclesfield in the cup, a team that no longer exists. I remember that cup game well actually, because the crap but hard-working Robbie Neilson actually scored a goal, and even then we only scraped through by the skin of our teeth after letting them get it back to 4-3. 

Thanks for reminding me about Michael Lamey too. Up there as possibly the worst defender i've ever seen pull on our shirt - he cost us goals in every one of the four games he played for us. He was at fault for all three in the Norwich game that ultimately got Sousa the boot. I was there. I wish Fryatt had booted Lamey too as he went for his early bath. :fishing:

I need to sleep for work tomorrow, but after popping in this thread I can feel a bout of insomnia kicking in. Thanks.

:nigel:

7 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

He was at fault for all three in the Norwich game that ultimately got Sousa the boot. I was there. I wish Fryatt had booted Lamey too as he went for his early bath. :fishing:

Incredible. That Norwich away game was my first away game as a city fan. Did not think anyone else would remember it, I mean why the hell would you? We had Ikeme in goal, wasn’t he the first loan signing of about 5 other weird signings, Kirkland in the snow at Ipswich, went to that game too.. 

I just remember Fryatt pushing Leon Barnett into the net after scoring and being subsequently sent off. I can’t believe we’re the same football club sometimes, beautiful. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bamboo said:

Incredible. That Norwich away game was my first away game as a city fan. Did not think anyone else would remember it, I mean why the hell would you? We had Ikeme in goal, wasn’t he the first loan signing of about 5 other weird signings, Kirkland in the snow at Ipswich, went to that game too.. 

I just remember Fryatt pushing Leon Barnett into the net after scoring and being subsequently sent off. I can’t believe we’re the same football club sometimes, beautiful. 

We'd hit the front with an early Waghorn goal too. To go from that to 3-1 down, then having our talisman sent off just as we got ourselves back into it?

Mate, it's an unforgettable game for me, for all the wrong reasons. :crylaugh:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/real-madrid-interested-summer-move-5100528

Real Madrid are showing an interest in former Foxes winger Riyad Mahrez, ahead of a potential summer move, according to reports in Europe.

According to Footmercato, Mahrez has been included on a list of potential summer targets for Real Madrid this summer. The report claims that Zinedine Zidane has been ‘following the player for some time’ and have been ‘particularly impressed’ with his recent performances in the Premier League.

Despite Real Madrid’s reported interest it is claimed that Guardiola is keen to keep hold of Mahrez for another season, with only a big offer convincing the Man City boss to cash in on the winger.

It is unknown if City have any sell-on clause should Guardiola decide to sell in the summer.

Just now, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/real-madrid-interested-summer-move-5100528

Real Madrid are showing an interest in former Foxes winger Riyad Mahrez, ahead of a potential summer move, according to reports in Europe.

According to Footmercato, Mahrez has been included on a list of potential summer targets for Real Madrid this summer. The report claims that Zinedine Zidane has been ‘following the player for some time’ and have been ‘particularly impressed’ with his recent performances in the Premier League.

Despite Real Madrid’s reported interest it is claimed that Guardiola is keen to keep hold of Mahrez for another season, with only a big offer convincing the Man City boss to cash in on the winger.

It is unknown if City have any sell-on clause should Guardiola decide to sell in the summer.

Man City in trouble when the Algerians get wind of this, their social media going to be covered in #FreeMahrez

• Haha 4

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-considering-move-for-premier-league-winner-danny-simpson-3166812

Sheffield Wednesday considering move for Premier League winner Danny Simpson?
There are 11 games left for Sheffield Wednesday to save their season, and it’s thought they could be considering a move for a player who could come in to help matters.
By Joe Crann
Monday, 15th March 2021, 5:51 pm

Former Leicester City fullback, Danny Simpson, is currently a free agent after leaving Huddersfield Town at the end of last season, and is therefore allowed to sign for any club immediately should there be interest.

The Star is led to believe that the Owls may well be in the market for players as Darren Moore weighs up a few options ahead of what is essentially 11 cup finals for Wednesday in an attempt to secure their Championship status – with Simpson a possibility.

The 34-year-old, who played for the likes of Manchester United, Newcastle United and Queens Park Rangers before going on to win the Premier League title with the Foxes, and played 24 games for Huddersfield last season prior to his release in June.

Simpson has been playing for Leicester’s U23s over the last couple of months, with Brendan Rodgers saying that it was to bring experience to their setup while giving the player the chance to get keep up his fitness.

He told the media, “Danny is someone who can come in, he's obviously not attached to a club at the moment and not blocking the path of any young player.

"I think it's a really good opportunity for him to come in and get some game-time, but also for our younger players to learn from somebody of that experience.

• Like 2

On 16/02/2021 at 22:36, Wymsey said:

Some of the comments below the article are sickening. I don’t care what she’s done, there’s no excuse for that kind of racist, sexist shite.

15 minutes ago, LanguedocFox said:

Another of Peter Taylor’s “one for the future”. What a fvckin awful time to be a City fan. And it only got worse!

Fair play to him though.He’s not far of my  own age and still playing.Always seems to score when I watch Forth tier highlights.When is he going to retire ffs.

3 minutes ago, LanguedocFox said:

Some of the comments below the article are sickening. I don’t care what she’s done, there’s no excuse for that kind of racist, sexist shite.

Agreed, hardly a surprise though, you see sexist comments on here and on football twitter all the time. It’s alright saying it’s just banter or that people are being sensitive or a ‘snowflake’ etc etc but letting comments like that slide means nothing will improve. 

Although, some of the comments underneath that are particularly bad. 

1 hour ago, Heathrow fox said:

Fair play to him though.He’s not far of my  own age and still playing.Always seems to score when I watch Forth tier highlights.When is he going to retire ffs.

Local derby matches between Dunfermline and Raith Rovers?

13 hours ago, davieG said:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-considering-move-for-premier-league-winner-danny-simpson-3166812

Sheffield Wednesday considering move for Premier League winner Danny Simpson?
There are 11 games left for Sheffield Wednesday to save their season, and it’s thought they could be considering a move for a player who could come in to help matters.
By Joe Crann
Monday, 15th March 2021, 5:51 pm

Former Leicester City fullback, Danny Simpson, is currently a free agent after leaving Huddersfield Town at the end of last season, and is therefore allowed to sign for any club immediately should there be interest.

The Star is led to believe that the Owls may well be in the market for players as Darren Moore weighs up a few options ahead of what is essentially 11 cup finals for Wednesday in an attempt to secure their Championship status – with Simpson a possibility.

The 34-year-old, who played for the likes of Manchester United, Newcastle United and Queens Park Rangers before going on to win the Premier League title with the Foxes, and played 24 games for Huddersfield last season prior to his release in June.

Simpson has been playing for Leicester’s U23s over the last couple of months, with Brendan Rodgers saying that it was to bring experience to their setup while giving the player the chance to get keep up his fitness.

He told the media, “Danny is someone who can come in, he's obviously not attached to a club at the moment and not blocking the path of any young player.

"I think it's a really good opportunity for him to come in and get some game-time, but also for our younger players to learn from somebody of that experience.

They're not happy - JOKE IF THAT’S TRUE’ – PLENTY OF SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY FANS REACT AS REPORTS LINK ‘AWFUL’ PLAYER TO CLUB

https://the72.co.uk/227232/joke-if-thats-true-plenty-of-sheffield-wednesday-fans-react-as-reports-link-awful-player-to-club/

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Quite remarkable that Izzet was the leading assist maker in the Premier League whilst playing for a relegated team. Has that ever happened before? Izzet is under appreciated outside Leicester City.

Within the game people respect how good he really was. Shame that young football fans growing up outside of Leicester will probably never even hear his name mentioned!

• Like 1

On 16/03/2021 at 19:18, Koke said:

Quite remarkable that Izzet was the leading assist maker in the Premier League whilst playing for a relegated team. Has that ever happened before? Izzet is under appreciated outside Leicester City.

Imagine him in our side now! A lot of ex players talk so highly of him which sums it up. He scored some great goals that season, 03/04, too.

I'm not sure about number of assists but I do know Roy Keane got in the team of the season, and got relegated in the same season, when he was at Forest which is pretty incredible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mohammedsaqib said:

How good was NG yesterday - still love him and wanna see him flourish even though he doesn’t play for us anymore

It still amazes me that people were saying he was finished. In that form, he’s one of the best players in the world. 

10 hours ago, Facecloth said:

lol All these players suddenly make themselves available and they ignore the best one

5 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Nice short little interview with Robert Huth talking about the title season.

What is there not to like about Robert Huth? :D

• Like 1