Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

Tom Hopper scored for Lincoln City tonight to help them to a 2-0 first leg win over the eternally-suffering Sunderland.

If they win it, they'll be a game away from the second tier, their highest ever league position, for the first time since 1960.

I mean okay, he never played for our first team, but a cool little one to see nonetheless.

On 17/05/2021 at 18:59, TJB-fox said:

Class guy

Mate, I'm still getting my head around him having hair. I could have sworn he was bald until he turned up with a Ravanelli-style grey barnet in our Great Escape season. Must have the number of Rooney's doctor. lol

Edited by OntarioFox

1 hour ago, OntarioFox said:

Tom Hopper scored for Lincoln City tonight to help them to a 2-0 first leg win over the eternally-suffering Sunderland.

If they win it, they'll be a game away from the second tier, their highest ever league position, for the first time since 1960.

I mean okay, he never played for our first team, but a cool little one to see nonetheless.

Mate, I'm still getting my head around him having hair. I could have sworn he was bald until he turned up with a Ravanelli-style grey barnet in our Great Escape season. Must have the number of Rooney's doctor. lol

Imagine the party Hopper will have…

• Haha 2

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-transfer-news-tee-5438643

Confirmed - Former Leicester City hopeful finds new club
The midfielder was named the club's under-18s player of the season back in 2018

ByAmie Wilson
16:00, 20 MAY 2021

Former Leicester City youngster Conor Tee has signed for Northern Premier League side South Shields

The 20-year-old left City in the summer of 2020 and has spent the last six months playing for Brackley Town.

Tee was named City’s U18 player of the year back in 2018 before being promoted to the U23s squad the following season.

The youngster made a total of 11 Premier League 2 appearances, scoring 1 goal.

He has joined South Shields as they enter their first season as a full-time professional club.

Following the move, Tee spoke of his excitement of securing the transfer early in the window.

“I’m really pleased to become a South Shields player,” he told the club’s official website.

“To have my future settled with plenty of time to go until the season starts is a big boost for me, because the last year or so has been difficult.

“I'm so happy to have everything sorted now and really excited about the season ahead.

“I can't wait to play in front of all the fans and show everyone what I can do.”

South Shields’ manager and former City forward Graham Fenton says that the youngster’s experience at City has benefitted him.

“We're really happy and excited to have made Conor our first new signing of the summer,” he said.

"He has impressed myself, Jon Shaw and Brian Smith tremendously with what he has shown so far, which is why we were so keen to get him to put pen to paper.

“What the supporters can expect from Conor is an exciting, intelligent attacking midfielder who can play in the number 10 role or out wide.

He's very creative and has an eye for goal, and we can't wait to get him started with the group.

“You can tell he has had a great football upbringing at Leicester City because he shows good knowledge of the game at his young age.

“He also epitomises the values we look for in players; he’s hard-working, very humble and has excellent quality.

“We’re over the moon to have him signed up.”

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, irishfoxkev said:

Not an ex payer but good to see Michael Appleton looking as hard and moody as ever on the Lincoln bench....He wouldn’t look out of place on the pitch at Twickenham at moment .. when 

Doing a great job at Lincoln.

4 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Wtf? Paul has hair? Plugs?

No. Real hair. I remember his last season with us he grew it out. 

Which indicates one thing - he thought the wiggy wig wig look was the best one for him. He made a conscious choice to cueball it. 

I'm amazed we never seen a nick or a bit of a five o'clock shadow. 

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Villarreal’s win also means that Leicester City fan favourite Vicente Iborra lifted the Europa League trophy for the fourth time after winning it three times previously with Sevilla before joining City.

There is a cool video of him doing the prematch team talk.

• Like 1

Just pulled this extremely misleading para about Demarai Gray going to Roma:

“The talented winger went on to become a regular at the King Power, featuring 133 times in the Premier League before falling out of favour with current manager Brendan Rodgers.”

In those 133 appearances wasn’t Gray the PL record holder for appearances from the bench? 🤣