Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

I thought we had a thread for this but could find it.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/free-agent-david-nugent-set-3090816

Free agent David Nugent set to join former Leicester City team-mate at Preston
Striker was a free agent after leaving Derby

Leicester City favourite David Nugent is set to team up with former team-mate Paul Gallagher at Preston.

Nugent, who scored 59 goals in 180 City appearances, is a free agent after his release by Derby this summer.

But the 34-year-old striker is set for a quick return to the Championship with a move to his old club Preston almost complete, LancsLive report.

Nugent is said to have undergone a medical and was pictured talking to former City team-mate Gallagher before Preston’s pre-season friendly against AFC Fylde on Saturday.

After helping City win the Championship title in 2014 and then secure Premier League survival in 2015, Nugent was sold to Middlesbrough.

He helped Boro to promotion before returning to the East Midlands with Derby, and played 38 games under Frank Lampard last season, suffering an injury in the play-off semi-final win over Leeds.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

davieG I'm so glad you pointed out x players used to play for us lollollol

Aye, was originally going to be just the 2nd part then i added the Ex Players to make it easier to search for. Simple.

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

Aye, was originally going to be just the 2nd part then i added the Ex Players to make it easier to search for. Simple.

It will make it easy for the Wolves Watford and Celtic fans to understand lollollol

• Haha 1

Occasionally Gallagher appeared to be a little less than fully committed to the team - but he was capable of superb moments.

I recall being particularly annoyed by an ear-cupping celebration he did in front of the Kop, after scoring a penalty, following some criticism he had received over his commitment levels.

It was the Chelsea FA Cup away game (2-5 defeat) that sealed his fate at Leicester - he seemed uninterested and infamously ducked out of heading a ball. 

27 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I remember Paul Gallagher being terrible - other than the odd worldie, his all round game sucked and he was very powder puff. But maybe that's a flawed memory?

I think terrible is a bit harsh. Have very fond memories of Gallagher. First player we’d had in a long, long time that could hit a set piece properly. Really liked him here and he contributed towards a half decent Leicester city side under NP. 

Edited by TJB-fox
  • Like 3

Other than his penalties - which were the best I’ve ever seen in a city shirt - Gally was the most frustrating player I think I’ve ever watched. I’ve never seen anyone not commit to tackles and even 50/50 headers like this man, to call him weak is an understatement. What was really annoying is that there was quite a lot of talent there and with better commitment and/or coaching he might have made a decent prem player but he used to wind me up so so much!

9 hours ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/free-agent-david-nugent-set-3090816

Leicester City favourite David Nugent is set to team up with former team-mate Paul Gallagher at Preston.

Nugent, who scored 59 goals in 180 City appearances, is a free agent after his release by Derby this summer.

But the 34-year-old striker is set for a quick return to the Championship with a move to his old club Preston almost complete, LancsLive report.

Nugent is said to have undergone a medical and was pictured talking to former City team-mate Gallagher before Preston’s pre-season friendly against AFC Fylde on Saturday.

After helping City win the Championship title in 2014 and then secure Premier League survival in 2015, Nugent was sold to Middlesbrough.

He helped Boro to promotion before returning to the East Midlands with Derby, and played 38 games under Frank Lampard last season, suffering an injury in the play-off semi-final win over Leeds.

After some time searching for it, have found it @davieG - however the topic got locked for some reason.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I remember Paul Gallagher being terrible - other than the odd worldie, his all round game sucked and he was very powder puff. But maybe that's a flawed memory?

Slow and he never put a tackle in, but had brilliant technical ability. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, davieG said:

Unlike you not to find something on here @davieG

:thumbup: