Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ex Players - They used to play for us

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Anyone follow Matt Piper on Twitter he seems to be going off on one about Chilwell, very odd.

It was noticed in the league games this season that some of our players seemed to be going for Chilwell- Albrighton and Ricardo mainly.

Don't think there's a lot of affection for him around the place.

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

It was noticed in the league games this season that some of our players seemed to be going for Chilwell- Albrighton and Ricardo mainly.

Don't think there's a lot of affection for him around the place.

He seems a very bad apple. Glad he is out of our club.

8 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Michael Appleton could lead Lincoln City into the Championship later on today.

Didn’t the Championship playoff final usually kick off on the bank holiday Monday and the league 1/2 on the Sat/Sun?

1 hour ago, davieG said:

I'm no hater but maybe Chilwell should celebrate that he was produced in Leicester he seems to have forgotten that just as much as Mahrez seems to forget we plucked him from obscurity. Appreciation goes both ways. 

What do you want him to do? Come out after winning the champions league and talk about Leicester ?

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Didn’t the Championship playoff final usually kick off on the bank holiday Monday and the league 1/2 on the Sat/Sun?

They seem to have reversed the order this year - I'm guessing it's because Championship players are more likely to be involved with the Euros?

3 minutes ago, Guest said:

They seem to have reversed the order this year - I'm guessing it's because Championship players are more likely to be involved with the Euros?

Suppose that makes sense. Just making sure i wasn’t losing my marbles and imagining things 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

What do you want him to do? Come out after winning the champions league and talk about Leicester ?

I don't want him to do anything, my post was in response to Matt Piper saying we should Celebrate the fact he was produce in Leicester, so I'm just saying appreciation works both ways and I've not heard or read anything about him appreciating or respecting LCFC's contribution to his development and no I don't expect what you said.

I don't actually care much about him at all, I'm trying to play devil's advocate and looking at the discussion from both sides. As far as ex-players go I treat them the same as any other player neither applauding or abusing them., when they retire and come back to visit I'll show my appreciation.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, davieG said:

I don't want him to do anything, my post was in response to Matt Piper saying we should Celebrate the fact he was produce in Leicester, so I'm just saying appreciation works both ways and I've not heard or read anything about him appreciating or respecting LCFC's contribution to his development and no I don't expect what you said.

I don't actually care much about him at all, I'm trying to play devil's advocate and looking at the discussion from both sides. As far as ex-players go I treat them the same as any other player neither applauding or abusing them., when they retire and come back to visit I'll show my appreciation.

He did loads of videos, and did plenty of interviews and publicly thanked staff when he was here. Now he’s left, our fans boo him and you want him, again, to thank Leicester just as he’s won the champions league in his first season at Chelsea? I mean, it’d be nice if he did but I’m not getting upset that he didn’t.

Pressing issue number one: do former Leicester players show enough appreciation?

Pressing issue number two: how can they best show appreciation?

Pressing issue number three: when you want to be fanned, and also want grapes lowered into your yawning mouth, but only one servant is available, what do you choose?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

He did loads of videos, and did plenty of interviews and publicly thanked staff when he was here. Now he’s left, our fans boo him and you want him, again, to thank Leicester just as he’s won the champions league in his first season at Chelsea? I mean, it’d be nice if he did but I’m not getting upset that he didn’t.

Hmm did you not read my post before replying "I don't want him to do anything".

Devil's advocate definition and meaning | Collins English ...

If you play devil's advocate in a discussion or debate, you express an opinion which you may not agree with but which is very different from what other people ...

• Haha 1

If Chillwell has done all the things his supporters have said he has than fair game I just haven't seen it or heard it. I just see his actions in the game and media. Best policy is to shut up and say nothing if he can't say anything good. He's appeared arrogant during and after leaving us and haven't seen much change since. How does he expect us to feel? He should learn a thing or two from Kante'.

Anyone see chilwell yesterday has learned a new trick the old crumble to the ground after someone touches him and roll around? Kante' tried it once very briefly and couldn't do it so he got straight up laughed and got on with it. Too nice a guy just can't do crap like that not in his nature. That speaks volumes!

• Like 1

Chilwell is a arrogant **** but he’s a product of the system really.

Been pushed by his parents to be a footballer his whole life and never lived in the real world outside the football bubble.

9/10 people coming from his background and having his income since 18 would turn out the same way

• Like 2

Nick Maynard made the subs bench for Newport County in the League Two play off. 

I know he didn't play for us but there was a strong link and loads of the would he, wouldn't he drama.

Imagine that he could have been the main man at the expense of Jamie Vardy :ph34r: 

N’Golo Kante’s former teammate Felipe Saad, who played for two seasons alongside the midfielder at Caen.
“I called N'Golo Kanté for my birthday, it was a small party. Suddenly, he arrived at the restaurant with a box of chocolates, all ashamed. He apologized for the gift and said he didn’t know what to get because he had never been invited to a birthday party before.”
This guy 🥺
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:
N’Golo Kante’s former teammate Felipe Saad, who played for two seasons alongside the midfielder at Caen.
“I called N'Golo Kanté for my birthday, it was a small party. Suddenly, he arrived at the restaurant with a box of chocolates, all ashamed. He apologized for the gift and said he didn’t know what to get because he had never been invited to a birthday party before.”
This guy 🥺

I think Kanté might well be the most unassuming, down to earth footballer ever.

I can imagine him when playing football in the school playground that he would play within himself to make the other kids feel better.