Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Atalanta match thread

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

I dont get the nagativity re albrighton.  Imo he is ahead of barnes for his defensive work and for his ability to find the net.  Barnes is quick but snatches at his chances in tbe pl. ... in time barnes will prevail i am sure.   

I agree Albrighton is ahead of Barnes currently but I'd rather give a young and improving Barnes the game time tbh.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Livid said:

Really good game last night. 

We have some real quality now, my one concern is that as a team we are still a little on the small side and are we going to get physically overrun again at times. 

That's why I'm probably keener on Benkovic than Cags at the mo. We looked a lot smaller than Atalanta, and it will be the same against many sides this season. If we show vulnerability at set pieces the PL wlll be on us like a pack of wolves.

It does point to a continuation of the wobbly starts (as we get physically bullied), followed by us getting stronger through the 90, a bit like last year.

Sadly Benko isn't match fit, because a decent pre-season for him would have made the situation clearer in the possible CB hunt.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

That's why I'm probably keener on Benkovic than Cags at the mo. We looked a lot smaller than Atalanta, and it will be the same against many sides this season. If we show vulnerability at set pieces the PL wlll be on us like a pack of wolves.

It does point to a continuation of the wobbly starts (as we get physically bullied), followed by us getting stronger through the 90, a bit like last year.

Sadly Benko isn't match fit, because a decent pre-season for him would have made the situation clearer in the possible CB hunt.

I think Rogers wanted to give Evans and Soyanucu the full 90 together, to develop as much partnership as possible before Wolves. 

12 hours ago, Foxxed said:

We'll surely use this lineup against Wolves, with Ndidi only just coming back from AFCON, Benkovic not match fit apparently and Rodgers preferring to start Albrighton over Barnes.

Barnes has obviously got it in terms of ability as was evidenced by his time at WBA. The close season is short but it is odd how players, and teams, can change over that brief period - e.g. compare Chilly at the end of '17-18 with him at the start of '18-19. I'm hopeful that Barnes, having had to move up a gear from the Championship, can do the same next season. If he can then with Perez and JV we will have one hell of a strike (and The Times says that Andy K, still only 30, has been on a special training regime!). Pray God the season plays out as we hope.