Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Atalanta match thread

6 hours ago, Lcfclad2013 said:

I'd imagine with him not playing much pre-season and being injured not long ago, maybe Rodgers is easing him rather than rushing him back into action and getting injured again? 

He's been playing for the u23s this preseason

Really good game last night. 

We have some real quality now, my one concern is that as a team we are still a little on the small side and are we going to get physically overrun again at times. 

• Like 2

I'm sorry to be controversial but I just don't think Albrighton is the answer if we want to get top 6. You'll never find a harder worker and yes he's a consistent performer on that side but he simply hasn't got that next level of ability to go to the next step up. I'm sorry it seems harsh, it's not a criticism of him, it's just reality 

Edited by chris_lcfc_85
  • Like 3

We are just a Top quality winger away from being able to finish Top 4-6 imo.

We have to spend big to get our target before the window closes, there are a couple of options available. Let’s hope we can get them over the line.

10 hours ago, Lcfclad2013 said:

I'd imagine with him not playing much pre-season and being injured not long ago, maybe Rodgers is easing him rather than rushing him back into action and getting injured again? 

Possibly you’re right, but if we bring in another CB I’m not sure he’ll be happy being 5th choice and playing for the u23’s and I get the impression Brendan prefers Soyuncu. :dunno:

10 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

So, people, opinions please. Is Silva in the shop window or has BR seen something he values in him, and aims to integrate him?

I suspect it's irrational of me, but I'd dearly like him to stay and succeed.

No chance. A real shame but his time here is over.

11 hours ago, Dusty said:

My view of Soyoncu’s game seems to be very different to everybody else’s. Positives first. He got forward well and his movement further up was good, couple of misplaced passes, but nothing major. But I thought his defence performance was pretty woeful. Gave away numerous free kicks and always seemed to be chasing the forwards as they’d always got passed him. His positioning is not good enough. Even at the end there was that lobbed pass that he completely misjudged and the player was in. Similar example with Rotherham, poor positioning and had to dive in, he missed and the player scored. I hope he’ll come good and that it’s just a confidence issue but I really didn’t feel like he was good enough. I know I may be in the minority on this one.

No, I thought the same. I really want him to be great and I hope he comes good, but reading all the comments about him I kept thinking I must have been watching another game. At the moment, he’s nowhere near in the same league as Harry. 

• Like 1

Stuff on the pitch was pretty solid last night - lots of positives and it’s all been mentioned elsewhere in this thread.

Was it just me or did the club drop a couple of balls giving the overall impression of being a tad tinpot? 

Queues outside before kick-off suggested that the west stand wasn’t as well resourced as it should have been. Drinks/food queues in the concourse barely moved. It was as if the club knew the ground was only going to be half-full so only put on half of the required staff in the full stand. 

And the state of the floodlights? The Atalanta fans were pissing themselves..

4 hours ago, steveherbe said:

15,900 according to the stream.

About right from what I heard on the tannoy, huge amount of little ones there too, all these Leicester fans of the future have exciting times ahead in regards the club and the players they are watching.

2 hours ago, Dorchester Fox said:

Stuff on the pitch was pretty solid last night - lots of positives and it’s all been mentioned elsewhere in this thread.

Was it just me or did the club drop a couple of balls giving the overall impression of being a tad tinpot? 

Queues outside before kick-off suggested that the west stand wasn’t as well resourced as it should have been. Drinks/food queues in the concourse barely moved. It was as if the club knew the ground was only going to be half-full so only put on half of the required staff in the full stand. 

And the state of the floodlights? The Atalanta fans were pissing themselves..

The lights are being replaced and those being used were temp lights, for a preseason friendly I thought it was quite decent.

Rodger's seems more keen on Albrighton and Perez on the wings. I can see them both starting against Wolves. As with the end of last season I think Barnes will start on the bench and will have to fight his way past Albrighton.