Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Atalanta match thread

Thought that was a really positive run out. Soyuncu was rash at times but thought he improved as the game went on and thought he ended the game very well. We all seemed to be a bit shocked at the start with atalantas style and improved after 20 mins as we adapted. Interesting that Silva came on and not mendy. Think someone like Cahill and a winger that can play attacking mid is a must even though perez looked like a goal threat 

Evans looked very shakey for a change, Perez is going to annoy the hell out of me looks like he’ll be pushed off the ball a lot but he’s always available and will do well, willing silva to do well but he always looks half arsed. All in all very positive especially considering the opposition top 6 is a possibility I’d like to see us bring in another top striker and winger out of the Maguire money but the squad is looking very strong!

• Like 1

Soyuncu has something about him, which is enough to convince me he needs a proper run out. Overall we looked very comfortable against a pretty decent side. I’d like to see the money gained from Maguire pumped into another quality attacking player. All in all we look strong going into the new season!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dusty said:

My view of Soyoncu’s game seems to be very different to everybody else’s. Positives first. He got forward well and his movement further up was good, couple of misplaced passes, but nothing major. But I thought his defence performance was pretty woeful. Gave away numerous free kicks and always seemed to be chasing the forwards as they’d always got passed him. His positioning is not good enough. Even at the end there was that lobbed pass that he completely misjudged and the player was in. Similar example with Rotherham, poor positioning and had to dive in, he missed and the player scored. I hope he’ll come good and that it’s just a confidence issue but I really didn’t feel like he was good enough. I know I may be in the minority on this one.

I agree with you. As an option he's a fantastic player, but with our current squad he's an automatic starter and I don't think he's quite the yet.

We are an Evans injury (and he's known for a few) away from Soyuncu and an untested Benkovic or a 35 year old Wes.

He's good, but if we really want to compete at the top end we need a powerhouse defender. 

Few people talking about Cahill. He isn't coming here unless it's for guaranteed first team football, and I'd rather Soyuncu or Benkovic get that opportunity first. Soyuncu has shown enough I think to deserve a go. His recovery pace could be very important in a Rodgers system which may leave us exposed to the counter. 

Even with Maguire gone, the priority should be to splash the cash on a quality winger/Wide forward as that is the #1 immediate, obvious improvement we can make. 

• Like 1

Just got back.

That was the perfect test before Wolves. First 30 minutes I thought we looked terrible, they were killing us in midfield and out wide. Luckily we grew into the game and from about 30 mins onwards I thought we were the better team.

Evans for the majority was outstanding, Tielemans ran the show especially in the second half, Perez was very hit and miss for me but I see a lot of similarities to Shinji, a very sensible signing.

It was a big game for Soyuncu tonight, I thought he did ok but I still don't see him as a starter, he gets too bullied for my liking and he gets caught out a lot when balls are played over the top.

Overall a good run out, a good win and tbh we should have had four.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dusty said:

My view of Soyoncu’s game seems to be very different to everybody else’s. Positives first. He got forward well and his movement further up was good, couple of misplaced passes, but nothing major. But I thought his defence performance was pretty woeful. Gave away numerous free kicks and always seemed to be chasing the forwards as they’d always got passed him. His positioning is not good enough. Even at the end there was that lobbed pass that he completely misjudged and the player was in. Similar example with Rotherham, poor positioning and had to dive in, he missed and the player scored. I hope he’ll come good and that it’s just a confidence issue but I really didn’t feel like he was good enough. I know I may be in the minority on this one.

Tend to agree, he has promise, but needs games under his belt to improve, particularly his decision making. But can BR take the risk? The lad could learn from Hamza, who played really well tonight, he cut out his gang ho tackling and used some clever feints to get out of trouble. Impressive mature performance from him.

Thought overall it it was a good work out against a clearly talented team and all our lads contributed. Fitness and closing down was very good and with such attack minded full backs, it is inevitable that on occasion the remaining defence will be out of position, but no doubt they practice this eventuality in training.

It is clear that wherever we end up league position-wise this season, it's going to be a fantastically exciting season with such a talented attack minded team. Technically, this must be the best squad we have ever had. Can't wait. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

Really odd that benkovic hasn’t played at all. Was expecting to see at least 15 minutes tonight. Another season I loan for him maybe?

I'd imagine with him not playing much pre-season and being injured not long ago, maybe Rodgers is easing him rather than rushing him back into action and getting injured again? 

Evans was reliable as always. Soyuncu is too slow and always too late in his tackles, but his backpasses to Kaspar are very safe...

Fuchsy's throw-ins are more dangerous than any Chilwell crosses in recent months...

And Tielemanns is simply outstanding...

Brendan Rogers and his lads will give us a lot of joy this season...I'm looking forward  :scarf:

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

So, people, opinions please. Is Silva in the shop window or has BR seen something he values in him, and aims to integrate him?

I suspect it's irrational of me, but I'd dearly like him to stay and succeed.

I think it's over for him here. He's surplus to requirements and deserves a chance somewhere out.

• Like 1

Getting another CB in when we’ve got two cracking young lads, Evans and Wes would be stupid and we’d get rinsed. 

Far better to invest that money in a top quality winger. 

Good result tonight. Good performance in patches. Think we’ll have to be even more switched on to get something out the Wolves game. 

A good test and a difficult side to play against. Nice to see so many good performances from our Team.

Perez looked good value for 30 million as I thought he would. I liked the way he used his strength art times to hold off defenders. He's going to be nother big player for us taking the pressure of Vardy. His Goal was a touch of class.

Tilemans again showed his class over the 90 minutes and his going to create lots of chances for others.

Maddison was Maddison , full of deft little tricks though his timing was off tonight he'll be fine once the season gets going.

Hamza done some really good work then also fell asleep at times, but that's to be expected given his level of experience. I don't see him taking NDiddi's place anytime soon.

But he is closing the gap and getting closer to a permanent place in the team the trouble is who to leave out.

Silva is just too slow for the premiership. Gray has little to offer. he stood watching while Tielemans was struggling to retain possession when he should have gone out to him and offered himself for a pass.

Vardy was Vardy , out of the game for periods yet ready when the chance came.

All in all a good nights work.