Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Atalanta match thread

Just got home and still drooling over some of Tielemans' touches and through balls. What a player he is. I still can't quite believe that he's ours.

Ricardo, likewise, is pure class. When he goes off on those rapid diagonal sprints infield he is almost unstoppable.

A really enjoyable evening's entertainment in which Atalanta more than played their part. Ilicic in the first half was particularly eye catching.

So excited about this season. Bring it on...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

So, people, opinions please. Is Silva in the shop window or has BR seen something he values in him, and aims to integrate him?

I suspect it's irrational of me, but I'd dearly like him to stay and succeed.

I think it's just a case of BR giving everyone in the squad a game or two to show fairness, but also to see if they can impress.

I don't see Silva offering anything to the cause. The Premiership is to quick and to physical for him to survive. With Hamza and Mendy as backup  I'd let him go now.

10 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

A good test and a difficult side to play against. Nice to see so many good performances from our Team.

Perez looked good value for 30 million as I thought he would. I liked the way he used his strength art times to hold off defenders. He's going to be nother big player for us taking the pressure of Vardy. His Goal was a touch of class.

Tilemans again showed his class over the 90 minutes and his going to create lots of chances for others.

Maddison was Maddison , full of deft little tricks though his timing was off tonight he'll be fine once the season gets going.

Hamza done some really good work then also fell asleep at times, but that's to be expected given his level of experience. I don't see him taking NDiddi's place anytime soon.

But he is closing the gap and getting closer to a permanent place in the team the trouble is who to leave out.

Silva is just too slow for the premiership. Gray has little to offer. he stood watching while Tielemans was struggling to retain possession when he should have gone out to him and offered himself for a pass.

Vardy was Vardy , out of the game for periods yet ready when the chance came.

All in all a good nights work.

With regards to Gray I was screaming  go help him 

I'd forgotten how great Ricky P is. Also liked the look of Perez - good positioning and wanting to be involved, as some have said, not dissimilar to Shinji. Soyuncu looked fine, Evans great... I didn't have concerns over anyone really. A little surprised he didn't give more players a run out, especially James Justin, just to give him a run out at the KP.

Can anyone enlighten me why Fuchs' goal was disallowed? Classic Fuchs! I can only assume it touched someone in an offside position or someone impeded the keeper.

15 minutes ago, ThurmastonFox said:

Floodlights seemed odd tonight? Big shadow down the kop end. Temporary issue or 50p needed for the meter?

They were temporary floodlights as they are in the process of installing new state of the art lighting it was on the website and twitter earlier today. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I'd forgotten how great Ricky P is. Also liked the look of Perez - good positioning and wanting to be involved, as some have said, not dissimilar to Shinji. Soyuncu looked fine, Evans great... I didn't have concerns over anyone really. A little surprised he didn't give more players a run out, especially James Justin, just to give him a run out at the KP.

Can anyone enlighten me why Fuchs' goal was disallowed? Classic Fuchs! I can only assume it touched someone in an offside position or someone impeded the keeper.

The latter. Jonny Evans was in front of their keeper. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

With regards to Gray I was screaming  go help him 

Yes so was I, He was only on the pitch a few minutes so he can't say he was tired.He just doesn't understand the game and the need for Team play.

we really need to sell him and bring in another promising player.

• Like 2

Just now, Clever Fox said:

Yes so was I, He was only on the pitch a few minutes so he can't say he was tired.He just doesn't understand the game and the need for Team play.

we really need to sell him and bring in another promising player.

Sadly I agree always wanted him to just suddenly click but not going to happen  . He’s definitely got talent and pace but uses neither . I would say he has improved the least out of all players if at all 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Sadly I agree always wanted him to just suddenly click but not going to happen  . He’s definitely got talent and pace but uses neither . I would say he has improved the least out of all players if at all 

That's it, He always looks like he can do something but rarely delivers. We need to sell him or loan him out in the hope that regular game time might improve him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

That's it, He always looks like he can do something but rarely delivers. We need to sell him or loan him out in the hope that regular game time might improve him.

Can’t remember what game it was but I can remember him collecting the ball in our own half  shrugged of one player skinned another couple and scored a cracking goal and I was like yes finally .  Next few games he just looked lost 

• Like 1

From Mags to Cags! I thought Söyüncü did well tonight, certainly showed he is more than capable even if it’s not week in week out. Ricardo is just mesmeric to watch going forward, the way he glides past people almost reminiscent of Riyad. Youri took control of the midfield and we really stepped it up second half. Wish Fuchs goal counted. Great way to round off pre season. Bring on the old gold next weekend ? 

1 hour ago, LCFC FOX said:

Really odd that benkovic hasn’t played at all. Was expecting to see at least 15 minutes tonight. Another season I loan for him maybe?

I wonder about that too.  With harry gone you'd expect him to at least get some looks in as a potential starter.  Still injured?

4 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Can’t remember what game it was but I can remember him collecting the ball in our own half  shrugged of one player skinned another couple and scored a cracking goal and I was like yes finally .  Next few games he just looked lost 

Yes I remember that run, It reminded me og john Barnes famous run when he ran 80 yds, beat everyone and scored. I think it was against Brazil.

I think Gray showed more endeavor and promise when we signed him than he does now. Which is why I don't see him ever improving enough for a top 10 premiership side.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes I remember that run, It reminded me og john Barnes famous run when he ran 80 yds, beat everyone and scored. I think it was against Brazil.

I think Gray showed more endeavor and promise when we signed him than he does now. Which is why I don't see him ever improving enough for a top 10 premiership side.

Definitely 

48 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Soyuncu’s positioning and magnetism towards the ball is a concern, but it’s not dissimilar to a certain H Maguire when he first joined.

Maguire was at fault for so many goals during his first few months, mainly due to switching off, ball watching or being drawn towards the ball.

Yet he was given time to iron out those issues and to improve. I hope Soyuncu gets the same luxury.

Just got home and i agree his positioning for the overhead balls is worrying as their seems to be so much space and he has to track back, but like you said Harry was as bad. 

Im not sure if its down to the player or the structure of the team, but either way it needs sorting or we are gonna be gifting teams goals. 

1 hour ago, baldeagle said:

At least Schlupp was entertaining :P;) 

• Haha 1

Thought Atalanta were excellent in the first half an hour and almost totally shut us out of the game. It's no surprise that they did well last year - they are superbly organised and an absolute pig to play against. We had no real answer to it. I liked watching them. Really like Ilicic in particular.

The catch is for all they shut us out, they didn't really create enough themselves.

They dropped off a bit in the second half which I thought was a mix of both us stepping our own game up and them making a few subs that weakened them overall, save for Gomez.

Thought Perez had a mixed game but rated the way he scored such a classy goal so soon after his miss.

Tielemans and Ricardo are frankly top class players. It is outrageous they are both here.

Vardy's sharp. Couldn't get into the game at all first half but I've covered why. Cool finish.

I'm optimistic but I still think we need that bit more firepower, and even without Maguire, I see this as the weak point of our team rather than defence.

• Like 3