Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
suffolk fox

Nathan Ake

16 minutes ago, Billy Big Balls said:

So in theory, if ake was desperate for a move to us (which I don't think he would be), we could make a deal with Chelsea so that they buy him for £40m and sell him to us for £60m. Chelsea make £20m, we save £15m. That's the kind of shithousery I want to see from my club. 

We could. Although, in the event that Ake would prefer a move to us, and Chelsea made a bid of £40m, we could just bid slightly more than that so that Bournemouth accept it.

19 minutes ago, Billy Big Balls said:

So in theory, if ake was desperate for a move to us (which I don't think he would be), we could make a deal with Chelsea so that they buy him for £40m and sell him to us for £60m. Chelsea make £20m, we save £15m. That's the kind of shithousery I want to see from my club. 

In that scenario, why would Chelsea do a deal with us versus just letting him go on a market value basis?

There's another window between now and Chelsea's ban being lifted. Would have thought Bournemouth will sell at that point (assuming they're not in trouble).

12 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

In that scenario, why would Chelsea do a deal with us versus just letting him go on a market value basis?

There's another window between now and Chelsea's ban being lifted. Would have thought Bournemouth will sell at that point (assuming they're not in trouble).

Because I'm imagining a hypothetical situation where no other club is in for him so £60m is his market value as that is what we might be willing to pay. It's all just theory though, don't take what I'm saying too seriously. 

Im not that bothered about Ake to be honest. Whenever I have seen him I thought he was decent but makes quite a few errors. 

Anyway we lose Maguire and gain Benkovic and Caglar who might have been here last season but hardly played as he had difficulty in settling. Amartey plays CB for Ghana and even Fuchs can play in that position in addition to looking at the u23 squad at players like Pașcanu. We will be just fine.

1 hour ago, Billy Big Balls said:

Can you register with three clubs in one year? I know there are rules on the number of clubs.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Can you register with three clubs in one year? I know there are rules on the number of clubs.

I think the rule is a player can't register with 3 clubs but when Chelsea sign him they wouldn't necessarily have to register him, like how we didn't register King last season. A player can belong to the club but not be registered so I think it would be possible. 

21 minutes ago, Billy Big Balls said:

I think the rule is a player can't register with 3 clubs but when Chelsea sign him they wouldn't necessarily have to register him, like how we didn't register King last season. A player can belong to the club but not be registered so I think it would be possible. 

Hmmm I’d have thought it was register as in, register transfer with association rather than register in squad.

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

Hmmm I’d have thought it was register as in, register transfer with association rather than register in squad.

If Football Manager's anything to go by, :whistle: you can buy a player who's already played for 2 clubs in the season, but then you can't pick them until the next season. The number of times I bought a player in January, only to find out he wouldn't be eligible...

• Like 1