Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
suffolk fox

Nathan Ake

7 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

How dare Bournemouth demand such a high price for a key player under contract. Who do they think they are? They should expect to settle for lingering above the relegation zone and are obliged to sell their best players to bigger clubs.  Apparently, Ake had a gentlemans agreement and shook hands with the owner to allow him to move to the East Midlands if Leicester want him.

Well played, very good 

:appl::appl::appl:

4 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Do you think the club are being reactive?  

Do you honestly think that there hasn't been a lot of work done behind the scenes before HM left?  You'll never hear about much as that would be admitting tapping up/speaking to agents of contracted players etc..   but there are and always have been plans in place.  Whether they come to fruition is a different matter entirely.

@LinekersApples is spot on as he often is. The Maguire deal was always likely to happen so any club worth their salt would have plans in place to strengthen, whether they go for another centre half or not.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Being realistic, how many league games is Evans going to play, he's injury prone and getting on a bit.. 

If he plays more than 20 I'd be Suprised.. Then it's two from Morgan, Soyuncu and sicknote Benko! 

Doesn't look great does it? 

I can see your point but he's not that injury prone, he played more games than Vardy last season and he's younger than Vardy. I'm more worried about him than Evans, and a bit harsh on Benkovic. I'd like to think Morgan could cover for Evans otherwise what was the point of another year, that would still leave Soyuncu and Benkovic looking at the vacant slot they were bought for.

4 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Well played, very good 

:appl::appl::appl:

@LinekersApples is spot on as he often is. The Maguire deal was always likely to happen so any club worth their salt would have plans in place to strengthen, whether they go for another centre half or not.

So Geoff, Apples knows his onions then? lol 

I totally believe we have irons firmly in fires and it's going to be an interesting few days.

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

A bid will be made for one of the two, at this stage I'm actually thinking Tarkowski would be the better option, if he is slightly cheaper. I do not think there is much between them. 

In terms of future value there is a chasm between them. Ake would be the better deal even at a higher price. However, like many on FT I’m not 100% sure need either. Much prefer a standout signing in the attacking department. We’ll see I guess. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Do you think the club are being reactive?  

Do you honestly think that there hasn't been a lot of work done behind the scenes before HM left?  You'll never hear about much as that would be admitting tapping up/speaking to agents of contracted players etc..   but there are and always have been plans in place.  Whether they come to fruition is a different matter entirely.

I think that is the key here. People forgot that transfers are so complex now a days there maybe a real desire to bring a player in, but a thousand things can stop that happening. 

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Burnley have Gibson to cover JT - not sure of Bournemouth’s situation but they bought Mepham in jan. but they would want to buy someone .......

Us buying late in the window affects the club we buy from - what do they do ????

Doesn’t seem that long ago that we were linked(?) with Ben Gibson - and Alfie Mawson

3 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

@LinekersApples keeps his ear to the ground

@Albert is also very well connected, I know who he is and his contacts so I trust him

There are one or two others here who blag that they know more than they think...

I thought as much, not as interesting as back in the day when the Captains Club at Filbo was a hotbed of gossip eh? lol

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Burnley have Gibson to cover JT - not sure of Bournemouth’s situation but they bought Mepham in jan. but they would want to buy someone .......

Us buying late in the window affects the club we buy from - what do they do ????

Which again is why should have stuck to our guns and stayed solid  with a cut off date.

Not only do clubs know of our windfall and raise their prices but this late in the window adds another premium and puts other clubs in a predicament like ours.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

That is why you buy from Europe, their window is obviously open for longer, so they have time to replace