Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
suffolk fox

Nathan Ake

3 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Yes just seen that about Cahill going to Palace. Not a bad signing for them. If Lascelles is available for £35m I'd take that than pay £40-50m for Tarkowski or £75m for Ake. Only way I see us getting Ake is using Gray as part of the deal.  

I always said we should have snapped their hands off when they offered £25m for his services previously. Think this is our only option if we were ever going to consider stealing Ake away from Bournemouth. That or possibly look at Lascelles. The market is ridiculous, partially thanks to us now, but there are other options out there as well. Not just in the Premier League.

I'm still baffled that we're in for another CB at all. We don't need one, not least for close to the price we just made Utd. pay for Maguire.

Edited by OntarioFox

3 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

I'm still baffled that we're in for another CB at all. We don't need one, not least for close to the price we just made Utd. pay for Maguire.

Its quite simple. We have 4 CBs in the first team. Two of which are over 30/32. One of which is known to be quite injury prone. Two of which have not player a full 90 minutes in the PL. Another CB would at the least, be sensible.

Edited by Dahnsouff

10 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Its quite simple. We have 4 CBs in the first team. Two of which are over 30/32. One of which is known to be quite injury prone. Two of which have not player a full 90 minutes in the PL. Another CB would at the least, be sensible.

So go for a cheaper option like Tarkowski or Dunk. I think it's ridiculous that we're genuinely considering spaffing nearly all the money we've just made on what is IMO a like-for-like replacement at best.

1 minute ago, OntarioFox said:

So go for a cheaper option like Tarkowski or Dunk. I think it's ridiculous that we're genuinely considering spaffing nearly all the money we've just made on what is IMO a like-for-like replacement at best.

Are we? 

38 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Feel the same and if Ake is that good maybe we should go in with a bold £60m take it or leave it, then if they don’t go for a bigger payday which for Ake wouldn’t be a bad price at all slightly inflated but hey so was Maguire.

Then we keep the money and trust in Souyncu Benkovic Evans Morgan not forgetting Amartey and James Justin has played in that role before , then at a push but we also have a couple of Development lads we could bring in who given the chance could shine ?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

**** it, let's just slam on the many pound notes and get him for a laugh! 

What was it? £75m, here's £80, thank you bless you and keep the change old bean, what what!

Was just gonna post the same thing. Would be massive if we just did it

What was it? £75m, here's £80, thank you bless you and keep the change old bean, what what!

£75m or £80 tough choice for Bournemouth.

• Haha 1

Think £80 might get rejected pal.

• Haha 1

We're not the kind of club who should be buying £60m CB's. 

Let's try to keep evolving organically rather than spaffing every penny we have in a blind panic. We have the financial muscle to sign more or less any player in the world outside a few hundred. I rather invest more in scouting and find the next top drawer player playing at inferior clubs to our own. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Detroit Blues said:

If we are going to spend 70-80M on Ake, why wouldn't we just keep Maguire? If they had offered us Ake + 10-15M for Maguire, nobody would be advocating we take the deal.

because we'd already told Maguire he could leave if Man U / Man City reached the agreed asking price.

the actions of maguire leaving and then spending on Ake are not related. 

Edited by lifted*fox
bold

2 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

If we are going to spend 70-80M on Ake, why wouldn't we just keep Maguire? If they had offered us Ake + 10-15M for Maguire, nobody would be advocating we take the deal.

I would have as Ake is better than Maguire

Anyone that seriously thinks we should spend the Maguire money on this guy seriously and not just to have a wind up, wafting pound notes in others face...

You need to have a sit down and a drink of water, because Drinkwater is what happens when you go last minute crazy. 

Ask Chelsea. 

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Possibility of him going back to Chelsea when their transfer ban ends, they can get him for only £40m

So in theory, if ake was desperate for a move to us (which I don't think he would be), we could make a deal with Chelsea so that they buy him for £40m and sell him to us for £60m. Chelsea make £20m, we save £15m. That's the kind of shithousery I want to see from my club. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Billy Big Balls said:

So in theory, if ake was desperate for a move to us (which I don't think he would be), we could make a deal with Chelsea so that they buy him for £40m and sell him to us for £60m. Chelsea make £20m, we save £15m. That's the kind of shithousery I want to see from my club. 

Pretty common practice in Europe too!