Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
suffolk fox

Nathan Ake

Just now, don_danbury said:

give them ghezzal, gray and king and 60m. that might tempt them.

We can't, Ghezzal is going to Sampdoria as part of the Praet deal..........

6 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Wolves after rugani, juve appear open to selling him. Surely we would outbid them if he is available 

Juve's DoF Fabio Paratici is still in London to sell some players (at the moment Joao Cancelo to Manchester City).

Are Wolves really that desperate for a CB given they have Boly, Coady, Bennett, Vallejo plus Saiss and Dendoncker?

Whilst I'm pretty sure Ake would like to come here would Eddie Howe be within his rights to say to his board / owners "why sell, this will seriously impact our season and could affect our finishing position by several places, we have tv money, we're comfortable, stay as we are" then it comes down to the player requesting it  (It's not the same as Harry who supposedly had an agreement and left a year after we thought he might) and Unlike United we might not have the full clout of Sky Sports and the tabloids to act as middle men in a theoretically illegal approach to a contracted player. 

Howe may want the money to split over two or three positions and welcome it but with so little time..... Utd really should have been told the old p**s or get off the pot rule weeks ago, yeah they love you Harry, adore you, always wanted you, so much so that they have wasted yours and part of our pre-season then paid the just above Van Dyke fee they were quoted weeks ago. Call me paranoid but I think they knew how much it would mess us up to leave it late as they see us as serious opposition next season. If a chain reaction then makes Bournemouth or Burnley easier to beat next season all the better as far as they're concerned.

My one criticism of our club is that they should have given a deadline of say 14 days before kick off as a cut off point and made that clear to Utd and Harry. We've had a year to prepare for this so as long as we do get our no.1 target aside from having no friendlies left to acquaint themeselves it could ne OK but there shouldn't ever have been this risk element.

36 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Wolves after rugani, juve appear open to selling him. Surely we would outbid them if he is available 

Juve fans are rejoicing that they can get 30m for him. He is apparently quite poo.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: forget about the transfer fees. They don't make sense, they're more complicated than they seem, they don't matter and - at the end of the day - it's none of our business. 

Here's an article by the excellent Miguel Delaney pretty much saying the same thing: https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/manchester-united-transfer-news-harry-maguire-80m-fee-really-worth-answer-latest-a9016256.html

As fans, we should just bothered about who we're signing and whether or not they're any good. 

Personally I'd prefer Ake - my only concern is he lacks a bit of height for a CB.

• Like 1

anyone saying wait til January thinking people will forget we got £85m for Harry, they won't. Anyone saying wait til January as Ake for £75m and Tark for £50m are too expensive and we can buy better for cheaper, we wont.

Prices are only rising. The money is racking up every year in smaller Premier League clubs that don't spend £20m+ on players. Either spend it on the training ground and accept we could have another season of mid table, or replace him with a ready proven Premier League player. Ake represents the better value of the two, Eddie Howe likes his CB's receiving and distributing the ball, so he would fit right in. Gray & £50m or something like that is surely practical? 

• Like 1

Doesn’t really belong in here but dunno where else to put it but re: why didn’t we do business earlier replacing before selling etc, why didn’t we (why didn’t anyone) have a pop at Alderweireld while he had a £25m release clause?

He may not have been interested in coming here but that’s a different discussion.

16 minutes ago, ProfuseFootball said:

anyone saying wait til January thinking people will forget we got £85m for Harry, they won't. Anyone saying wait til January as Ake for £75m and Tark for £50m are too expensive and we can buy better for cheaper, we wont.

Prices are only rising. The money is racking up every year in smaller Premier League clubs that don't spend £20m+ on players. Either spend it on the training ground and accept we could have another season of mid table, or replace him with a ready proven Premier League player. Ake represents the better value of the two, Eddie Howe likes his CB's receiving and distributing the ball, so he would fit right in. Gray & £50m or something like that is surely practical? 

I definitely don't think we should be spending £75m outright on 1 player but I wouldn't be against us using Gray to get the fee down a bit. 

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

Doesn’t really belong in here but dunno where else to put it but re: why didn’t we do business earlier replacing before selling etc, why didn’t we (why didn’t anyone) have a pop at Alderweireld while he had a £25m release clause?

He may not have been interested in coming here but that’s a different discussion.

How do you know we didn’t?