Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Football Manager 2020

On 26/06/2020 at 15:43, TiffToff88 said:

Anyone managed to do (And fully understand) an MLS save? 

Screenshot_20200626-154150.png

I had a 3 or 4 year save with Vancouver Whitecaps in (I think) FM2019. Understand is a strong word, but I got by and feel like I have a much better understanding of how MLS works than I did when I started. What you struggling with?

4 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

I had a 3 or 4 year save with Vancouver Whitecaps in (I think) FM2019. Understand is a strong word, but I got by and feel like I have a much better understanding of how MLS works than I did when I started. What you struggling with?

Let's start with the basics...

Transfers. I know when you make offers for players you can offer draft picks (the draft itself is another source of confusion for me) on top of money,but I'd imagine it's never a good idea to give away any of your draft picks?

Also designated players are exempt from the salary cap, right? But I can never seem to sign any designated players for some reason

20 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Let's start with the basics...

Transfers. I know when you make offers for players you can offer draft picks (the draft itself is another source of confusion for me) on top of money,but I'd imagine it's never a good idea to give away any of your draft picks?

Also designated players are exempt from the salary cap, right? But I can never seem to sign any designated players for some reason

The Superdraft is the only one I really cared about having selections for (it's one source of getting regens in MLS). The better you do in the overall league the lower your position in the draft, so it may well be worth gaming the system a bit to try and get the draft picks, for the next draft, of sides who are going to finish towards the bottom of the league (I'd trade for them late in the current season).

On the search player screen filter out people who are interested in a transfer or loan, and there should be a checkbox for people interested in becoming a DP, only have that one checked when searching for DPs. It's best to keep an eye out for players who are coming to the end of their current contracts, and aim high, just as they can in real life the MLS can attract some big names in FM. You may have to ask the club (or league?) to support with negotiations for those players.

Edited by Mark_w
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

The Superdraft is the only one I really cared about having selections for (it's one source of getting regens in MLS). The better you do in the overall league the lower your position in the draft, so it may well be worth gaming the system a bit to try and get the draft picks, for the next draft, of sides who are going to finish towards the bottom of the league (I'd trade for them late in the current season).

On the search player screen filter out people who are interested in a transfer or loan, and there should be a checkbox for people interested in becoming a DP, only have that one checked when searching for DPs. It's best to keep an eye out for players who are coming to the end of their current contracts, and aim high, just as they can in real life the MLS can attract some big names in FM. You may have to ask the club (or league?) to support with negotiations for those players.

Thanks. I'll have another crack at it once I get bored of my Tenerife save I've got going.

There's a few more things about the MLS that confuse me so I may be asking for ongoing advice though when I do 😆

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Thanks. I'll have another crack at it once I get bored of my Tenerife save I've got going.

There's a few more things about the MLS that confuse me so I may be asking for ongoing advice though when I do 😆

No problem, making me want to give it another go too.

I'd like to learn the MLS too but don't have the patience for it

Did do a network game about 4 or 5 years ago with two mates who actually stayed at the same sides (Seattle and Montreal) for a long time, I was a journeyman manager who sucked but manage to walk into tabletopping LA Galaxy job with a few games left of the season and won the league lol Left to become USA manager and lost a friendly to Sri Lanka, thats my main memory

1 minute ago, Walkers said:

Each to their own but that looks boring whether its Barcelona or Braintree, 7 goals conceded too lol

Oh I agree, it's got boring now. I tend to get my 'challenge' games out the way early doors and then try some different stuff later on. This game started at Leipzig, I wanted to challenge myself with player age limits etc and stick to it stringently.

I think because the overall game has been fun so far i've stuck with it. When I got to Barca it looked like a Milan style nursing home lol so managed to clear out and start again which has been good.

But I want to go to England now. Just waiting for a job to come up.

NOW MY CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUALIFICATION HOPES PIN ON LIVERPOOL BEATING REAL MADRID

BUT I'LL TELL YOU, YOU CAN TELL HIM NOW I'LL BE WATCHING IT, WE'RE STILL FIGHTING FOR THIS TITLE, ISCO HAS GOT TO GO THERE AND GET SOMETHING - AN I'LL TELL YER, HONESTLY, I WILL LOVE IT IF WE BEAT THEM, LOVE IT

This ****ing game. 

resigned from Barca after 4th league and champions league win in a row after doing the same at Leipzig with the leagues and one champions league....

cannot get a job anywhere lol