Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Favourite Musical/Theatre

Don't go as often as I should but have seen a fair few musical comedies as a preference.

As a Python mega fan I flew to New York in 2005 to see Spamalot with its original cast (Tim Curry, David Hyde Pierce, Hank Azaria) and ****ing loved the experience. Saw it repeatedly after it transferred to London and it was just as good until they made major changes to songs and sets due to the cost of touring. Idle's supposed to be adapting it to a movie so can't wait for that.

Saw The Producers on its last night in London about 15 years ago, was very good.

Avenue Q was a highlight, saw it in New York and at the De Montfort Hall about 10 years ago. Very funny and some great songs.

Saw The Book of Mormon last month for the second time and am so ****ing in love with it. Irreverent, offensive and very ****ing hilarious. As a writer I aspire to this kind of satirical genius. Just amazing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
5 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Take the kids next time :thumbup:

Ha. 

Bit of a result, I’m not sure our youngest entirely realised that the interval wasn’t the actual end of the show. 

So we did a runner at half time :thumbup:

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Milo said:

Ha. 

Bit of a result, I’m not sure our youngest entirely realised that the interval wasn’t the actual end of the show. 

So we did a runner at half time :thumbup:

I didn't realise films still had intervals.

I thought it was that bit between the 1 hr of adverts and trailers and the main event where you could but ice cream for £12 a tub..

42 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I didn't realise films still had intervals.

I thought it was that bit between the 1 hr of adverts and trailers and the main event where you could but ice cream for £12 a tub..

Ah - it was a live action musical. 

Probably would have been bearable if it was in a theatre with a decent sound system…but you couldn’t make out any of the lyrics, so we binned it. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Not sure if it's ever been done as a stage musical, but just been listening to the Once soundtrack. By miles my favourite musical.

It's more of a musical than We Will Rock You or Mamma Mia in at least the songs are specifically written for it.

Hmm Southpark the movie is in some ways a musical, it has a fair number of songs in there, then there's the classic Rocky Horror Picture Show, Anna and the Apocalypse is a Zombie musical and a fine one at that

Anna and the Apocalypse Clip "Give Them a Show" - YouTube

There are one or two others but I can't remember then at present, just too tired.