Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Favourite Musical/Theatre

I used to Love Leicester & Local London theater,or the Theater Schools Production for up and Coming would be Stage actors..

Of some pubs,putting on small productions.Also in USA,France & a few others European countries

That was back in the 70s & 80s.I dont know if they exist in  London any longer..

I Really used to love the D'oyle carte Gilbert &Sullivan productions.

old Crimi- productions.even the Globe,Shakespeare while Standing  evenings were supurb.

Today the prices,or waiting weeks for tickets,My Wife and I lost interest After years of being fanatical theater goers.

Bring disabled Now doesnt make it easy,uncomfortable Seats in the newer or renovated theaters.

London ,new York ,many Italian, French venues were really brilliant.

This is no critic,I just dont know or follow the various Scenes anymore...but I do miss going...!!

When we Really travelled,we always tried to find peasant / Local theaters,concerts,es well as the  famous venues.

In Mexico,S.America ,India Local Productions with unknown stories,or pieces just as interesting,and importantly entertaining even educational.

Italy 2 years ago was my last theater,& Opera visit....still brilliant!!!

If my Health allows it,Love to get back to Verona,and then Venice und Rome which I Havent yet visited. My kids have Promised to pay for a week,in both

Cities...so crossed fingers...

7 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Too right, narrator style. Nice sports blazer and a tie, stockings and suspenders / high heels.

I won a fancy dress work xmas party dressed as the narrator, bought a cheap wheelchair and spent the night sitting down lol

49 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I used to Love Leicester & Local London theater,or the Theater Schools Production for up and Coming would be Stage actors..

Of some pubs,putting on small productions.Also in USA,France & a few others European countries

That was back in the 70s & 80s.I dont know if they exist in  London any longer..

I Really used to love the D'oyle carte Gilbert &Sullivan productions.

old Crimi- productions.even the Globe,Shakespeare while Standing  evenings were supurb.

Today the prices,or waiting weeks for tickets,My Wife and I lost interest After years of being fanatical theater goers.

Bring disabled Now doesnt make it easy,uncomfortable Seats in the newer or renovated theaters.

London ,new York ,many Italian, French venues were really brilliant.

This is no critic,I just dont know or follow the various Scenes anymore...but I do miss going...!!

When we Really travelled,we always tried to find peasant / Local theaters,concerts,es well as the  famous venues.

In Mexico,S.America ,India Local Productions with unknown stories,or pieces just as interesting,and importantly entertaining even educational.

Italy 2 years ago was my last theater,& Opera visit....still brilliant!!!

If my Health allows it,Love to get back to Verona,and then Venice und Rome which I Havent yet visited. My kids have Promised to pay for a week,in both

Cities...so crossed fingers...

amatuer theatre can at times be the best... the lack of talent made up for by the passion etc :)

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

amatuer theatre can at times be the best... the lack of talent made up for by the passion etc :)

Years ago,in London & Paris,some actingschools,or small Theater productions,One could actually see a Top or "B"TV or Film star,give a few weeks,performances

Never secret,but never shouted over. Going back to their roots,doing some favours,or just to Keep their arm/larinks turning over...

Or again the D'oyle carte seasons performances,would see they have some famous named actors actresses,Walking  the boards,and amusingly

hamming it up a little. All more relaxed,mixing later,After-drinks etc with audiences.Doubt they could find a relaxed non pushy atmosphere today...

and these Local theaters,und Acting schools,with no names or potential future stars,put on good performances,Kicking Off later into top careers..

Für old little Theater,and Leicester Haymarket,had a successfull period of putting on productions,before that Production went to the west-end...

Often with the whole cast....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

3 years later lol...

Just seen another small version of Grease, the vocals and dancing were as good as ive seen and heard anywhere, west end, broadway or opera house.

Now just booked to go and see "American Idiot" based on the Greenday Album.. anyone seen it?

13 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Live theatre musical or drama is great

Our local town had a production of Mamma Mia last night in the square. We knew nothing about it until it was too late! Absolutely gutted to have missed it, but we're very lucky to have things going on like this most weekends, not bad for a town with a population of around 12k.

The Spanish love getting together outside at any opportunity though. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 14/07/2022 at 20:57, ozleicester said:

3 years later lol...

Just seen another small version of Grease, the vocals and dancing were as good as ive seen and heard anywhere, west end, broadway or opera house.

Now just booked to go and see "American Idiot" based on the Greenday Album.. anyone seen it?

American idiot was performed by year 12 students... really outstanding. The prodcution and technicals were, as you would expect... but fvck.. the passion and enthusiasm was amazing.

Tomorrow off to yet another version of Rocky Horror :)

On 22/10/2022 at 18:00, Costock_Fox said:

Hamilton is an absolute must for everyone.

Fvck yes.

Seen it a couple of times and was phenomenal. 

For anyone going to see it, I’d highly recommend investing time in listening to it a good few times prior to seeing it live. It’ll make it a much better experience! 

Off to see Spike, a Spike Milligan play next week, and Cabaret the week after! 

11 hours ago, rachhere said:

I really want to see Hamilton! Any thoughts on seating? Can you get away with cheaper seats nearer the back, or will I be kicking myself once there?

It’s a newly done out theatre and the sound is great, so seating anywhere shouldn’t be too much of an issue. 

First time we went we sat in two of the seats that the tech guys use to check the sound levels - so plumb centre of the main stalls! 

Second time was a bit further back but still great. 

Like most things, you pay a little extra and get a little more so may be worth splashing out a bit if you can. 

34 minutes ago, Milo said:

It’s a newly done out theatre and the sound is great, so seating anywhere shouldn’t be too much of an issue. 

First time we went we sat in two of the seats that the tech guys use to check the sound levels - so plumb centre of the main stalls! 

Like most things, you pay a little extra and get a little more so may be worth splashing out a bit if you can. 

5 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

If it’s a choice between going and not, pick the cheapest seat. 

Thanks both! I have wanted to go for ages, but have just procrastinated over it!

13 hours ago, rachhere said:

I really want to see Hamilton! Any thoughts on seating? Can you get away with cheaper seats nearer the back, or will I be kicking myself once there?

1 hour ago, Milo said:

54 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

If it’s a choice between going and not, pick the cheapest seat. 

I’m also now thinking about going. Where is better stalls, royal circle or grand circle? 

15 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I’m also now thinking about going. Where is better stalls, royal circle or grand circle? 

Probably middle rear of the stalls for me. Close enough to see the detail and far enough away to get the scale of it all. 

Or first row middle of one of the circles.