Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Favourite Musical/Theatre

I thought there was already a thread for this, but ive searched and not found it...so..

Whats is your favourite theatre show or Musical?

Until yesterday my favourite was Rocky Horror followed by Little Shop of Horrors and Grease...BUT, yesterday i saw "The Book of Mormon".. WOW!

If you enjoy theatre, musicals and Southpark... this is simply genius, superb story, brilliant music and dance and fantastic performance.

The best musical ever!

• Like 1

I have a few favourites, its quite hard to just pick one. The best ones I've seen are The Phantom of the Opera, Aladdin, Rocky Horror & We Will Rock You. All brilliant for very different reasons.

One to avoid at all costs: Cats. Utter nonsensical drivel - but my wife loves it for some unknown reason

Spamalot. Seen it over a dozen times, I even flew out to New York to see it with the original cast. As a Monty Python fan I just had to go and see it. I can still remember that first time. Everything about it was just perfect. 

I've only seen Book of Mormon once but I ****ing loved that too. I'd love to see it again but tickets are so expensive these days! I quite often find myself listening to Hasa Diga Eebowai and Joseph Smit American Moses - Parker and Stone are part of a very small group of comedians that could have got away with that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

I have a few favourites, its quite hard to just pick one. The best ones I've seen are The Phantom of the Opera, Aladdin, Rocky Horror & We Will Rock You. All brilliant for very different reasons.

One to avoid at all costs: Cats. Utter nonsensical drivel - but my wife loves it for some unknown reason

totally agree, it is quite simply, the ONLY show i have seriously considered leaving at intermission.

BTW, If easily offended, Book of Mormon may not be the right choice..lol 

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

I really enjoyed Jersey Boys

Sunny Afternoon is great if you like the Kinks.

Avenue Q I saw in New York - it was amazing.

Ive only seen the Jersey Boys movie and i didnt "feel it"

I havent heard of Sunny Afternoon...will have to hope it gets here  :)

4 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

totally agree, it is quite simply, the ONLY show i have seriously considered leaving at intermission.

I feel like we've had this conversation before. Are you sure there wasn't a Musicals thread somewhere? 😆

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Spamalot. Seen it over a dozen times, I even flew out to New York to see it with the original cast. As a Monty Python fan I just had to go and see it. I can still remember that first time. Everything about it was just perfect. 

I've only seen Book of Mormon once but I ****ing loved that too. I'd love to see it again but tickets are so expensive these days! I quite often find myself listening to Hasa Diga Eebowai and Joseph Smit American Moses - Parker and Stone are part of a very small group of comedians that could have got away with that. 

It’s all about Spooky Mormon helldream to be fair.

Seen it twice, ridiculously good.

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

I’ve left at half time during Wicked (awful) and Billy Elliott (worse). Also sneaked off early during Rent...

Would honestly recommend watching a season of Puel football over all of these...

I really can't be doing with Musicals. My wife is mad keen and has dragged me along to loads of em over the years.

The only one that I remember being half decent was 42nd Street and that was probably only because we saw it in NYC.