Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
isaidno

Rugby world cup 2019

Hope you guys don't mind me posting this...

My company and one of our clients (ex Auto Trader Marketing Director) set up a quick side business, selling rugby-related apparel & accessories.  (We've rushed it a bit for the World Cup!!)
If anyone likes the pieces, you can get 25% off using this code: RWC-25

Cheers and any feedback is always appreciated!

https://purelyrugby.com/

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Bright first half, just cruised through the second. 

Tbf, Georgia were beyond shit defensively. Doesn't tell us much really. 

Yep there are certainly sterner tests to come but hopefully you'll be second if not first at the end of the pool stages.

3 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Yep there are certainly sterner tests to come but hopefully you'll be second if not first at the end of the pool stages.

Almost no chance we're not first or second. As romantic to the neutral as the idea is of Fiji beating us, it's very unlikely. 

We're the worst opposition for them. Their whole game is around chaos, twelve years ago we played them at their own game and lost embarrassingly. It was the end of the "Welsh way" in the professional era. In came Gats and out went Welsh Flair. 

We've now hit peak Garland in time for this world cup. We are functional, robotic, the world masters of defence. We suffocate and frustrate and drag everyone down in to the muck with us. We ruin and spoil, turn the spectacle of rugby in to dreary pain. We just won a Grand Slam with the worst attacking record in the entire tournament, nilling Ireland over 80 minutes in the decider. 

I'll be ****ing amazed if we're flustered by Fiji. 

As for Australia? We beat them 9-6 in the autumn in a game as horrendous as it sounds. The group will be decided in much the same way. 

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Bright first half, just cruised through the second. 

Tbf, Georgia were beyond shit defensively. Doesn't tell us much really. 

Thought Georgia really stepped it up second half. First half all they did was Rugby League style 1 up hits without a support player to latch. That's never going to work against a Tier 1 nation, especially one defensively sound as Wales. Second half they were hitting it with pace and had some good support lines. I feel they have the potential to be a new Italy and I can see why it's been discussed that they could replace Italy in the 6 nations if the Italians performances don't improve over the next few years.

1 minute ago, srex9 said:

Thought Georgia really stepped it up second half. First half all they did was Rugby League style 1 up hits without a support player to latch. That's never going to work against a Tier 1 nation, especially one defensively sound as Wales. Second half they were hitting it with pace and had some good support lines. I feel they have the potential to be a new Italy and I can see why it's been discussed that they could replace Italy in the 6 nations if the Italians performances don't improve over the next few years.

They're miles off Italy tbqh. First half we wiped the floor with them. Second half we just went in to cruise mode. 

With all due respect, they improved in the second half because we let them. 

Their defence in the first half was hilarious. It was nothing to do with "intensity" or effort or belief or whatever else you think they might have found after half time. They're just a typical tier two nation with inexperienced players that are a long way short of this level. 

They've a few genuine international players but nowhere near enough to compete in the Six Nations.

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

They're miles off Italy tbqh. First half we wiped the floor with them. Second half we just went in to cruise mode. 

With all due respect, they improved in the second half because we let them. 

Their defence in the first half was hilarious. It was nothing to do with "intensity" or effort or belief or whatever else you think they might have found after half time. They're just a typical tier two nation with inexperienced players that are a long way short of this level. 

They've a few genuine international players but nowhere near enough to compete in the Six Nations.

agreed their defence was awful in the first half.

I agree Wales took their foot off the gass but I wouldn't say they let them. Coaches fume if that happens at that level. I feel they improved after the break purely based on their running lines and speed of ball retention. Their set piece is also stronger than most 2nd tier nations but yeah you're probably right about them being a ways off Italy. I think Georgia had a better squad 4 years ago tbh but they play an outdated style.

50 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Almost no chance we're not first or second. As romantic to the neutral as the idea is of Fiji beating us, it's very unlikely. 

We're the worst opposition for them. Their whole game is around chaos, twelve years ago we played them at their own game and lost embarrassingly. It was the end of the "Welsh way" in the professional era. In came Gats and out went Welsh Flair. 

We've now hit peak Garland in time for this world cup. We are functional, robotic, the world masters of defence. We suffocate and frustrate and drag everyone down in to the muck with us. We ruin and spoil, turn the spectacle of rugby in to dreary pain. We just won a Grand Slam with the worst attacking record in the entire tournament, nilling Ireland over 80 minutes in the decider. 

I'll be ****ing amazed if we're flustered by Fiji. 

As for Australia? We beat them 9-6 in the autumn in a game as horrendous as it sounds. The group will be decided in much the same way. 

Australia don’t look all that apart from about 6 players (especially their Captain who on the ball is dynamite) I would expect you though to narrowly beat them say by circa up to 7 points would be my guess.

13 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Australia don’t look all that apart from about 6 players (especially their Captain who on the ball is dynamite) I would expect you though to narrowly beat them say by circa up to 7 points would be my guess.

They're a good side, it could really go either way. 

A lot will depend on Hooper and Pocock vs our ruck. 

22 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

So terrible these pool games , pointless shite 

Uh, what? Is this just... some sort of edgy attempt at trolling? 

Japan Russia, Scotland Ireland, Argentina France, New Zealand South Africa and Australia Fiji have so far all been very good games with some genuinely significant permutations. 

Obviously Tonga England, Italy Namibia and Wales Georgia were dead rubbers and all that was really on the line were bonus points but eh. 

Don't see how that's different to any world cup. 

Edited by Finnegan

22 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Uh, what? Is this just... some sort of edgy attempt at trolling? 

Japan Russia, Scotland Ireland, Argentina France, New Zealand South Africa and Australia Fiji have so far all been very good games with some genuinely significant permutations. 

Obviously Tonga England, Italy Namibia and Wales Georgia were dead rubbers and all that was really on the line were bonus points but eh. 

Don't see how that's different to any world cup. 

Mate the tables will all end exactly how 99% of people will/would predict 

they should ditch all the rubbish to a second tier and let the big 10 , japan and one qualifier have a round robin 

the rest is just muck