Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
isaidno

Rugby world cup 2019

Absolutely well played Japan, played the game of their lives and far better than I thought they would be, so intense and their backs were fun to watch. Also great for the world cup in general.

We were crap and have plenty to think about but its Japan's day and I dont wont ro take anything anyway from their performance. 

34 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

So Labuschagne the cricketer is pronounced Lab-boo-shane, but Labuschagne the rugby player is pronounced Lab-boo-shag-nee. Make your mind up.

Happens a lot.      I pronounce tw@t  ‘t-w-at’ .....     but I’ve heard some people pronounce it  ‘toe-knee-blur’ ...        strange. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Happens a lot.      I pronounce tw@t  ‘t-w-at’ .....     but I’ve heard some people pronounce it  ‘toe-knee-blur’ ...        strange. 

On the subject of tw at, we in British Isles pronounce it with a hard t at the end wheras Amercians appear to pronounce it with a soft t at the end, dont get it, swear words at supposed to sound harsh.

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

So Labuschagne the cricketer is pronounced Lab-boo-shane, but Labuschagne the rugby player is pronounced Lab-boo-shag-nee. Make your mind up.

Clearly one is the Australian pronunciation and the other is the Japanese :D

Love the Japan team! Typical never surrender and never give up attitude.

Line speed was incredible, the intensity at the breakdown stunned the Irish. And they were making 50-60metres off two phases of play from inside their own 22.

It would be sad to see them lose to Scotland in the final group game and miss out again after winning 3 games...that's assuming they beat Samoa. But it's very much in their own hands. Scotland will certainly improve from their opening day defeat and I can see them playing a kicking game with a strong chase to put pressure on the Japanese. It's going to be intense. 

19 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Genuinely a better team than the Scotch atm tbqh. 

They'll be favourites, Scotland will need an upset. 

Scotland will still be favourites. But with their current injuries I doubt they have enough in midfield to hurt Japan. They'll be more savy though. I expect it to be an interesting game and wouldn't be surprised to see a result either way. 

1 minute ago, srex9 said:

Scotland will still be favourites. But with their current injuries I doubt they have enough in midfield to hurt Japan. They'll be more savy though. I expect it to be an interesting game and wouldn't be surprised to see a result either way. 

I should stress that was somewhat tongue in cheek. 

• Like 1

Should have more than three points on the board after this start. 

What was significant about the grand slam was the vast majority of trips to the 22 we took points away. 

Forget the kick from the touch line, that was tough, but we should have taken something from the Davies break.