Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Luton Town Match Thread

1 minute ago, Fox seen in Norwich said:

You Share my thoughts but presume no cags on the bench means he’s carrying a niggle and amartey cb probs too risky 

Yeah fair point, I’m sure Amartey can do a job at centre back though, he played well there for Ghana... oh well let’s hope if we get an injury it’s Wes’s back again! 

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

Looks like he's trying to develop a Praet Tielemans centre pairing.

Think this is a great game for Praet to integrate properly. Lower league opposition that try to play football, Ndidi as enforcer and his mate who he’s played with hundreds of times next to him. 

Perez up front says to me Rodgers wants him off the mark to boost his confidence, which I think he needs!

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

Anyone know anything about Benkovic? I know he’s in the U21’s tonight but is it a case of still coming back from injury or not ready for the first team?

Söyüncü was largely unused last season so there’s no need to panic but given how good Benkovic looked at Celtic and how well Söyüncü has done it’s surprising Rodgers hasn’t thought “sod it i’ll give him a game.”

I suppose he wants him to get genuine minutes under his belt and as he values the cup would rather he had a full 90 than being a bench warmer?

I’d probably start to panic a bit if we had a manager who didn’t know anything about him. It would give the impression that he didn’t rate him. 

However, given he was well used at Celtic under Rodgers it leads me to believe he’s got some sort of plan for him. He’ll get his chance when he’s ready - personally I think it’s his fitness and he’s still getting over his injury. Mind you, he’s got some job to get a place in the usual starting 11 ahead of Cags and Evans at the minute.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Carabao cup. We're never going to field a first team at this stage, but it looks positive. A win in any competition is a moral boosting result. Let's get these players believing.

i’d take another penalty shootout with big hands Ward 

1 minute ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Perez given the opportunity to prove his striker potential. We can't expect Vards to play forever injury free.

Also would like to see Iheanacho getting back into gear... Could do his self-confidence the world of good.

3 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Fair enough, but still begs the question why? He was playing for under 23s some time ago, so surely recovered from injury by now.

Perhaps still not fully fit , perhaps not as good as Celtic fans made out or Brenda just might not fancy him who knows