Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Leicester City 5-0 Newcastle - Vote Now

Leicester City 5-0 Newcastle

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 7.5

Total Average Rating

203 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Wilfred Ndidi 8.6
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Hamza Choudhury Substitute 6.5
  4. Manager Confidence 99% +1%

14 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

It was a great all round team performance. I do however now feel that Perez has had enough of a chance now and that we'd be better served with him on the bench for the time being. This is not to say that I'm slagging him off or don't think he could come good but ... I do think Albrighton for example is likely to give more for the team against Liverpool for example. With Maddison likely to be fit again I feel a reshuffle is on the  cards and it's just for me, at this moment in time,  Perez is our most unproductive player, particularly when you've got Ndidi, Tielemans, Praet, Maddison, Barnes and Albrighton vying for a place (not to mention Chowdhury and Gray).

...I am one of his detractors but he makes the right side of the team solid.

All we have heard is of him being a prolific scorer with a good work ethic. The lack of goals is not an issue and is something of a red herring, so far as I can see, as he should not be judged on goals scored as opposed to the contribution to the team. Along with Praet I believe we now have the intelligence we needed in the team making us much more flexible.

If we have to lose a player, Barnes would be the one to drop, as his contribution is not what we know he can produce. I really think that he needs to be a bit more "greedy" and being more forceful in front of goal.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, drofmor55 said:

Chilwell seems to play better for England than for us, not sure why...may be he misses Maguire.

Only thing i dont like about him though is his half hearted attempts to block shots, could do with taking some lessons from Wes

Chilwells form dipped second half of last season and never came back. Still a lot more needed from him... especially when you see how good Ricardo is the other side. Chilwell just kicking it into their players legs gets boring.

5 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I am one of his detractors but he makes the right side of the team solid.

All we have heard is of him being a prolific scorer with a good work ethic. The lack of goals is not an issue and is something of a red herring, so far as I can see, as he should not be judged on goals scored as opposed to the contribution to the team. Along with Praet I believe we now have the intelligence we needed in the team making us much more flexible.

If we have to lose a player, Barnes would be the one to drop, as his contribution is not what we know he can produce. I really think that he needs to be a bit more "greedy" and being more forceful in front of goal.

I think you're spot on with Barnes needing to be a bit more greedy. Whether it's a confidence thing or he's following orders to the letter of the law I don't know.  The goals re Perez aren't really an issue with me either to be honest but although he runs around a lot he seems lightweight and is quite expensive in giving the ball away. I think we need better against Liverpool for example and would like to see Albrighton on the right with Ricardo or on the left in place of Maddison who I would put behind Vardy from the start. I was really impressed by Praet and would like to see him utilised also. If I could field 12 players I really think I could crack it! 😂

16 hours ago, weller54 said:

Chilwell and Barnes together down that left hand side just doesn't work. 

That's because Barnes has a brain and chilwell doesn't. He was by far our worst player, baffled by the ratings for him.

when you look across our team, the gaffer has worked out that nacho is useless, and gray is useless. We've strengthened the team in key areas, and i have to  say  left back looks like our weakest position now.

10 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

so who voted leave for rodgers? isnt 100% confidence.

Nigel.

Will be interesting to compare the numbers here to the numbers after the Pool game.

On 30/09/2019 at 22:51, volpeazzurro said:

I think you're spot on with Barnes needing to be a bit more greedy. Whether it's a confidence thing or he's following orders to the letter of the law I don't know.  The goals re Perez aren't really an issue with me either to be honest but although he runs around a lot he seems lightweight and is quite expensive in giving the ball away. I think we need better against Liverpool for example and would like to see Albrighton on the right with Ricardo or on the left in place of Maddison who I would put behind Vardy from the start. I was really impressed by Praet and would like to see him utilised also. If I could field 12 players I really think I could crack it! 😂

He was getting three shots away each match last season. Only managing one this. But a goal and an assist put him ahead of Perez for me and the lad's got more potential.

• Like 1