Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Leicester City 5-0 Newcastle - Vote Now

Leicester City 5-0 Newcastle

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 7.5

Total Average Rating

203 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Wilfred Ndidi 8.6
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Hamza Choudhury Substitute 6.5
  4. Manager Confidence 99% +1%

Season: 2019/20
Voting Starts: 29/09/19
Voting Ends: 04/10/19

1. Kasper Schmeichel
  2. Ricardo Pereira
  3. Jonny Evans
  4. Caglar Soyuncu
  5. Ben Chilwell
  6. Wilfred Ndidi
  7. Ayoze Pérez
  8. Dennis Praet
  9. Youri Tielemans
  10. Harvey Barnes
  11. Jamie Vardy
  12. Marc Albrighton (sub)
  13. Hamza Choudhury (sub)
  14. Demarai Gray (sub)

13 minutes ago, Bazly said:

Surprised Chilwell rates so highly. He was skinned so many times in the first 35 minutes. Ricardo was the man today.

To me he was our worst player again today . As you mentioned kept getting skinned and I lost count of how many times he went backwards with the ball from a good position or hit the first man with his cross  so frustrating. Yes it’s good to keep the ball and go again but attacks seem to  constantly break down with him 

Edited by baldeagle
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

To me he was our worst player again today . As you mentioned kept getting skinned and I lost count of how many times he went backwards with the ball from a good position or hit the first man with his cross  so frustrating. Yes it’s good to keep the ball and go again but attacks seem to  constantly break down with him 

This time last year he was arguably our best player. This season - in fact since Rodgers arrived - he has been consistently substandard in pretty much every aspect of his play. He's an England international but he is not playing like one. Hope it's not too long before we see the real Ben Chilwell again.

• Like 4

It was a great all round team performance. I do however now feel that Perez has had enough of a chance now and that we'd be better served with him on the bench for the time being. This is not to say that I'm slagging him off or don't think he could come good but ... I do think Albrighton for example is likely to give more for the team against Liverpool for example. With Maddison likely to be fit again I feel a reshuffle is on the  cards and it's just for me, at this moment in time,  Perez is our most unproductive player, particularly when you've got Ndidi, Tielemans, Praet, Maddison, Barnes and Albrighton vying for a place (not to mention Chowdhury and Gray).

Ndidi Long Legs living up to his name emphatically. 

I've been saying this for a few weeks now but I think giving Fuchs a chance is a good move atm because Chliwell has repeatably been off the mark. Perhaps a bit of friendly competition for that starting position could be good for Chilwell? his end product, passing and decision-making hasn't been good enough recently. Also, Fuchs played really well last time out.    

• Like 1

In the pre match post I said we must start with high tempo and I'm glad that we did. So much better when we play in a positive fashion, with drive, intent and passion. It really puts a stamp of authority on our game. No way would we have lost to Man Utd if we'd played like this. I hope this style is now our identity and there is no reason to be fearful of any sides in the P/L, and that includes Liverpool & Man City.

Kasper -7- Nothing to do in terms of saves, but again I thought his distribution was good.

Ricardo -8- Outstanding game from him. Great goal and solid in defense.

Evans -8- Gave none of their strikers a glimmer. Man Utd should have bought him rather than Maguire!

Soyuncu -8- Another composed and dominating performance. Shrugs off attackers with ease.

Chilwell -7- A better game and lots of energy, but still not producing those end products with enough quality.

Ndidi - 9.99- MOTM. Simply outstanding. Can't give a 10 because one pass went astray! He is outstanding this season.

Perez -7- A much better match and starting to look like the player we know he can be. Should have scored early in match.

Tielemans -7- Certainly looking more like last seasons player. But those corners........very poor!

Preat -7- Some nice touches. Brushed off the ball a few times, but imposed himself more as the game went on.

Barnes -7- Lively performance, worked hard. 

Vardy -8- Two nice goals, always a menace, ran and ran and outstanding reading of the game yesterday. 

Subs:

Choudhury -6- Did what he had to do.

Albrighton -8- Outstanding cameo. I said pre match he should play if Maddison was out. Superb cross for Vardy's second.

Gray -6- Nice tackle near the end. Nothing else of note.

BR -8- So much better when we impose ourselves on teams rather than the timid weak performance we put up against Man Utd. I hope we don't go to Anfield with a negative attitude and gift them the game. Set the team up well and got them playing at the right tempo from the off.

Newcastle -4- Poor. Nothing of quality in that team. It'll be a long struggle for them this season and I'd be surprised if they stay up

Officials -6- Not too bad. Missed a corner from a Tielemans shot, Correct booking of Vardy and correct red card.

Liverpool next. If we go there and play like today we can get something. Liverpool have an important C/L match on Wednesday whilst we have the full week to prepare. I hope we can take advantage of that. We must not go there in a negative way.

Kasper - N/A - Don't think he made a save and I can't really give a fair rating when his passes were just 6 yards off to Evans or Soyuncu. Shame it rained because otherwise he needn't have bothered washing his kit.

Ricardo - 9 - Honestly this man is special. The most complete fullback in world football. There are some that are better going forward and some that are better defending, but all in all he has everything. Absolutely, undoubtedly world class.

Evans - 9 - Fast turning into one of the best central defenders we've ever had. Everything he does is just immaculate. £3.5m is up there with the best transfers we've ever made.

Soyuncu - 7 - Didn't have too much to do and didn't get the opportunity to bring out his party tricks. Solid game.

Chilwell - 7 - Still think he's got a way to go to match the heights of this time last year but much improved from him yesterday. Lovely cross for the 3rd.

Ndidi - 10 - Just laughable how good he is. He's always had the ability but he's starting to add the cleverness to go with it. The perfect defensive midfield performance.

Tielemans - 9 - Comfortably his best performance of the season. Just oozed class and kept the tempo of the game up and Newcastle couldn't handle it. Hopefully a sign that he's getting back to his best.

Praet - 9 - Worked the ball around the pitch very well, did well to get up from that tackle too. His pass for the 2nd was utterly magic.

Barnes - 8 - Hope we stick by him, really did enjoy watching him run at the Newcastle defence. Lovely pass for Vardy's 1st.

Perez - 6 - Really wished that he'd been able to steer that ball either side of the Newcastle keeper. Really want him to get a goal. I thought he was neat and tidy and put in a great shift though.

Vardy - 8 - First goal is honestly an unreal finish. Left foot on the bounce when you're sprinting like that is just so hard to do. Didn't get involved in the game but there's no need to when your midfield is that good. Just wait for the chances and take them.

Albrighton - 9 - Didn't put a single foot wrong. Classic Albrighton that.

Choudhury - N/A - The game was already won, his job was just to recycle the ball and he did it well.

Gray - N/A - Don't think he got a touch tbh.

Man, Chilwell has really become the whipping boy around here.  He was genuinely good today - energetic, attacking, lovely assist on Wilf's goal.  Not as great as Ricardo, no, but right now Ricardo is playing the best football we've seen in a LCFC shirt since Kante was here.

• Like 1

Schmeichel- N/A Seemed a bit pissed off we defended the Kop goal in the second half and didn't applaud the fans with as much enthusiasm. Could at least have gone up for a late corner.

Ricardo- 9 Ball glued to feet, sensational balance, strength for such a small bloke, stay forever please.

Evans- 8 Solid as ever

Soyuncu- 7 Not much to do, used the ball well

Chilwell- 7 Wasn't great in the first half defensively, second was much better

Ndidi- 10 Everywhere on the pitch, legs all over the place, lovely finish for his goal

Tielemans- 9 Strode about the pitch with authority

Perez- 7 Worked hard and got involved, needs a goal

Praet- 8 Really impressed, good movement and gets the ball around quickly. We didn't miss Maddison, thankfully.

Barnes- 8 Real threat down the left, good pass for Vardy's goal

Vardy- 8 Three chances, two goals, clinical as ever, helped make Ricardo's goal with a distracting run

Subs- 

Albrighton- 8 Lovely cross for Vardy's second, busy as ever

Gray- N/A Did well to track back and stop an attack, apart from that not enough time to do a huge amount

Choudhury- N/A Nice run-out in a game that was done, knocked it around comfortably

14 hours ago, weller54 said:

At the moment I'd prefer Fuchs in at LB. 

Me too 100%. Been saying for a long time that Fuchs is still our best LB. And I feel for him really. Part of the title winning team, loyal servant, willing to teach his replacement Chiwell, plays better than him, yet gets shuffed to the bench. If not for his loyalty and his business, he would rightly feel badly treated.